When you’re going for some sunbathing, it’s important to bring food too. You don’t want to be lying under the sun with a protesting stomach. While having some barbecue by the beach can be a common option, there are some food that work best for your sunbathing needs.
For your next sunbathing agenda, you might want to pack these foods along:
- Watermelons are great in reinvigorating you when you’re taking a break from sunbathing. They don’t really help with your tan but you can get your hydration back in no time. It’s also a sweet treat, something we look forward to when we’re hoping to get some refreshing after being under the sun for a long amount of time.
- You can also pack some sweet potato snacks if you want to get the most out of your tanning. Sweet potato is high in carotenoids so your skin can easily get the tanned hue that you are looking for. You can also throw this in with some carrots and tomatoes in a salad so you can have a quick and light meal while also nourishing your blooming tan. Make sure to use some kale as this leafy green can help give you glowing skin.
- If you want a fruit salad that can help keep your skin from sunburn or being damaged too much by the sun, use fruits rich in vitamin C. These would be strawberries, oranges, kiwi and even blackberries. Vitamin C helps keep your resistance up while also bolstering your skin’s ability to block off harmful UV radiation. You still need to put sunscreen though!
- If you want to steer away from something sweet but opt for a snack that can soothe your skin and avoid sunburn, cucumbers and oatmeal can do the trick. It would be a good idea not to mix the two though.
Having a good skin care regimen is very important to make sure that your skin retains its tip-top condition. Normally, you’d rely on skin care products that are readily available on the market. If you’re tight on the budget or hoping for more natural means to get better skin, there are some home ingredients that you can use to concoct a face mask.
Soft skin is something we miss out when we get older thus here are some home ingredients you can use to make a softening face mask.
- Milk and oatmeal. Oatmeal is a great way to keep your skin moisturized while milk helps in keeping it in a lighter tone. If you mix both of these ingredients together into a pasty consistency, you can easily apply it to your skin. Careful not to rub it too much or else you’ll end up exfoliating your skin. Due to the high moisturizing factor of oatmeal and milk, this mask can aid in softening your skin.
- Instead of milk, you can also mix oatmeal with some water until it becomes damp. Add in some yogurt, honey and one egg white into the oatmeal. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and apply to your face. Honey is great in sorting out any inflammations while also being antibacterial. Egg white is high in protein thus aiding your skin to remain soft and supple. Apply to your face and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- You can also mix some mashed bananas with a bit of honey and apply to your skin. True, you might think this sounds like a dessert instead of a face mask but bananas can help keep your skin soft by locking in moisture. Leave the banana mask for at least 10 minutes before rinsing off.
Self tanners are already a complicated approach to tanning. While we can always fall back into sunbathing and indoor tanning to get our summer glow back, it’s not really a healthy hobby to keep. It’s been known that consistent exposure to UV radiation can heighten the chances of getting skin cancer. To work around with the tanning addiction, self tanners are a means to getting tanned skin without having to dabble into UV radiation to get it.
If you aren’t well-versed with self tanning, you can end up with a very saturated tone which tends to be orange. Here are some workarounds you can follow to fix your self tanning mishap:
- You can employ a bronzer to help town down some of the spots that are too orange. If you are very orange overall, you may want to buff it down with some sugar. Sugar is a gentle exfoliator so it can help lighten your color until you reach a peak tone that works well with you.
- Once you’ve buffed the tone down, you can slowly apply some tanner to help even out your tone. Try to find the right mixture to get the appropriate tone. If you do happen to come out with orange, this means your self tanning mixture isn’t right.
- If you don’t have some sugar at hand, you can also make use of lemon juice to lighten your tan. It’s best to dilute the juice with some water since lemon juice is quite strong. Lightly dab on the affected skin until the tone lightens up. It’s best to do this while the self tanner is still damp so you can reapply with ease.
- If the tanner has dried on your skin, you can exfoliate the bad self tanned skin off and re-apply a fresh one.
Tanned skin can be difficult to work around with. It’s already a chore to get the ideal tanned skin but it can be daunting just trying to keep your skin is going to be another hurdle to work around. Tanned skin can be achieved through numerous ways. This can be through sunbathing, indoor tanning or even self tanning. By determining the method in getting your tan, you can also make sure what skin care items you can incorporate.
For tanned skin that has gone through sunbathing or indoor tanning, they can be more on the dry side due to the exposure to the harsh UV rays. You’ll want to use a gentle moisturizer at the start since your tanned skin is still sensitive from the sun. You can also make use of some aloe vera to soothe any burns that might have turned up due to this method of tanning.
For self tanned skin, you’ll want to be careful with the type of moisturizer you’re going to use. Moisturizers that contain retinol are a bad option as they will easily burn through your self tanner. You will need to take particular care in choosing your moisturizer or end up with an uneven tan.
Another way to keep your skin moisturized, regardless of what method of tanning you go for, is to drink lots of water. It’s been said that drinking a lot of water is good for your body. Drinking at least eight glasses of water is not only good for keeping yourself hydrated for the day but it also helps your skin healthy. Having a good amount of hydration in your body is key to keeping your skin supple and glowing.
Taking care of tanned skin shouldn’t be hard if you follow these tips and be mindful of the skin care regimen you are following.
Getting a tan can be quite an experience. It’s the easiest approach to changing your look without doing anything too drastic. Tanned skin can be achieved through numerous ways such as sunbathing, indoor tanning and self tanning. No matter what method you choose, tanning will always result to getting the summer glow. Many individuals who are new to tanning can be a little confused on how to do their makeup.
It’s not that surprising since you have to work with a new palette of a different skin tone. It can be a little daunting at first but here are some things to consider to when it comes to putting on makeup and how it can enhance your tan.
Firstly, you want to identify your type of undertone. How warm or cool your tone determines your makeup. You should try to get cooler makeup if your undertone is too warm to avoid making it too saturated.
Another way you can enhance your tan is through contouring. Normally, you’d go for contouring through bronzer but with a little bit of effort, you can also contour your tan using self tanners. Makeup comes into place with the aid of highlighters. Since you’ve already defined the shadows using self tanners, highlighters can really bring out your look.
Good use of eye shadow will make you look great for any occasion. As with darker skin, try to choose eye shadow that can get more attention to your eyes. Try to avoid putting on too much of a lighter shade and make sure to blend the eye shadow well. You wouldn’t want to end up mimicking clown makeup, now would you?
All in all, try to match the intensity of your makeup that best complements your tan. Remember, your tan might differ from the time you spent under the sun so don’t use the same makeup recipe for varying shades of bronze.
Valentines is a day a lot of us are looking forward to. It can be spent with your significant other, your family or even your friends; it’s a day to gratify relationships! Regardless of who you’re dressing up for, looking your best is an ideal approach for Valentines. Here are some skin care tips you’ll want to follow before the heart-laden February the 14th.
- Get enough sleep before February the 14th. We know how much sleep can affect our body thus missing out on it can cause a lot of damage to our skin. Try to clock in at least 7 hours a day and avoid skimping on the Z’s. You can also put some cucumber to your eyes to lighten any eye bags if you have to burn the midnight candle.
- Eat right. If you tend to stuff yourself with fast food and processed goods, you’ll be having a field day with acne and other skin issues. Try to swap your diet to much healthier sources and you’re going to appreciate clearer and glowing skin. A good food to chow on is salmon and walnuts since they will help you on keeping your skin glowing; they’re high on omega-3.
- Try to keep your skin moisturized. Put on some moisturizer when you leave for work and before you sleep. You’ll notice a difference on how supple your skin can become. Having supple skin also aids in keeping it protected from any light lesions and thin cuts.
- Make sure to cleanse when you have the time. Exfoliating gives way to new skin and removing any dead skin cells and any impurities that cling to your body. This is important to avoid any inflammation especially with clogged pores. Try to lessen cleansing and limit it to twice a week to avoid over sensitizing your skin.
2019 has just started a few weeks ago but it’s still too early to throw the towel. It’s the time to seize the day and make yourself better. Taking care of your skin should be part of your day to day regimen. In order to make your best look a staple for 2019, you’ll want to maintain glowing skin. While it may sound like a difficult goal, getting glowing skin isn’t that hard. Here are some tips you can consider to achieve just that:
- Change your diet. Try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet. Fruits rich in vitamin C and hydration will keep your skin glowing. You can have some citrus for dessert from here onwards.
- Follow a skin care regimen. Incorporating a skin care regimen is a good way to pamper your skin especially after a tired day from work. It’s important to get rid of impurities while also putting on some nourishing skin care products during morning and night.
- Exfoliate when you can. Try to do exfoliation at most twice a week to remove the dead skin cells and any impurities that clung to the outermost layer of your skin. Exfoliation is important in making way to younger skin which can also absorb skin care products much easier. Do not over-exfoliate or be too harsh as it can cause more harm than good.
- Throw in some self tanner into the mix; putting on a tan will definitely help keep your skin glowing. Having a tan can not only hide any flaws, you can also even out your tone. Using a self tanner is much preferred than sunbathing or indoor tanning as it doesn’t put your skin under harsh conditions to obtain a tan. It’s best to put on some self tanning right after exfoliating your skin.
Keeping one’s skin is important to look your best. In order to get that goal in mind, you need to follow through a skin care regimen. Moisturizing is important to keep one’s skin from drying up. As we get into a hectic schedule, it can be hard to commit to having a good skin care regimen. We can stick to at least thirty minutes a day to an hour for skin care.
While we get into the notion of providing our skin with moisture, here are the reasons why you should do it every day:
- Your skin can easily dry up due to the environment. Dry skin can easily aggravate or you might earn wounds from it. Make sure to put on some cream or lotion right after taking a bath to avoid this from happening.
- If you have a tan or sporting a self tan, it is important to moisturize your skin. Dry skin can easily flake off and cause an uneven skin tone. You don’t want to ruin your hard earned tan thus it’s important to put on some moisturizing cream. If you did a self-tan, it’s important to avoid using skin care products that have retinol. Retinol can easily burn off your self tan which can set you back from enjoying a good look.
- As we grow older, our skin tends to lose its elasticity and it can get dry easily. To make sure that we are not prematurely aging, it’s important to put on some moisturizing agents.
- To sort out any skin ailment, it’s important to put some moisturizing agent to soften any skin damage. This lessens the discomfort and aids in the healing process. Most moisturizing agents tend to have a cooling sensation. However, it is important to test it out before putting on the affected skin.
Sunbathing is the most common approach to getting tanned skin. With the weather clearing up slowly to welcome to spring, we’re going to expect a lot of individuals getting their share of the sun’s warmth. While basking under the sun is a good way to start the day, prolonged exposure can be very dangerous. If you aren’t vigilant, you can land yourself in hot water for overdoing on the sun tanning.
Fret not, there are still ways to tan safely and here are some ways to do so:
- Put on a good amount of sunscreen before sunbathing. Sunscreen is your initial protection against the sun’s harmful rays. Exposing yourself to hours on end can heighten the chances of harm. In fact, you need to reapply your sunscreen every two hours to make sure you stay protected. Unprotected skin results in nasty sunburn; or worse, it could even progress to skin cancer. Make sure to let the sunscreen dry up, usually thirty minutes, before getting your share of vitamin D.
- Take some breaks when you do sun tanning. You put your body in a lot of harm while sunbathing thus it’s very important to take breaks and rehydrate. Individuals who don’t take breaks are susceptible to heat strokes or deadlier sun borne disease. Make sure to keep yourself well-hydrated so you can keep on pumping out sweat which cools your body down.
- Overexposure is another issue that needs to be considered when sunbathing. When it comes to the time of when you do your sunbathing, it is important to be careful of the time of day. From noon to 4 in the afternoon, the sun’s rays are deadliest. This is usually the time that individuals opt to tan since the rays are intense. However, it would be best to tan at most thirty minutes during this period to avoid taxing your body and causing too much damage to your skin.
Eczema can be hard to deal with. It can be quite the handicap at enjoying certain things such as tanning. If you want to get a tan, sunbathing or indoor tanning is out of the picture since it can aggravate your eczema.
With that in mind, getting a tan can be quite a hurdle. Thankfully, with modern innovation, self tanning has been crafted. Self tanning gives you the chance to get a tan without having to expose yourself to the harmful UV rays. Unfortunately, since self tanners are chemical based, you still need to be extra careful with what to get.
In order to get the best out of your self tanning experience, here are some tips to consider to aid you on tanning despite having eczema:
– Avoid self tanners that contain DHA or Dihydroxyacetone in the labels. This chemical can inhibit allergic reactions to individuals who have eczema. No one wants to get an allergic reaction when putting on a tan, right?
– If you aren’t familiar with what self tanners you can use, you can try to do a skin test beforehand. It’s best to put on a small drop on your skin and let it sit for at least thirty minutes. If it becomes red and itchy, it’s a sure sign that you can’t really use this tanner.
– For better results, make use of organic self tanners. Organic self tanners are crafted from natural materials with little to no added chemicals in them. You can opt for the self tanners from Thermalabs to be able to enjoy your self tanning experience.
– When applying the self tanner, make sure to dab lightly especially on areas that are sensitive after being exfoliated. You don’t want your self tanner to be too thick nor do you want your skin to be aggravated by the self tanner.