Being in control of one’s life can be taxing. As we get into the hard cycle of life, we tend to forget of our wellbeing. Unfortunately, this will bite us back, thus giving us an unhealthy state of ourselves that we can never be proud of. With so much fast food and transportation to make use of, we tend to fall into a bad string of unhealthy habits. To get back to the better flow of our lives, working out is a good way to start. Most of us would say that working out is going to cost us a lot of time and effort. It’s especially hard to insert exercise in a busy schedule.
These are just some of the excuses that a lot of us have heard through the years. We can’t help but whine whenever we must consider sweating out each day. While it’s not really a requirement, working out can work wonders for our body. If you are an individual who has a sedimentary office life, chances are you’re going to be bound to a chair for at least 80% of your day. You’re putting yourself at risk to a lot of ailments due to inactivity. If that’s not one to consider, you may also be putting in too much junk food.
Working out can help invigorate your blood which can help you sweat out the toxins from your body. If you’re trying to lose weight, working out is a good way to do so. Dieting may be 80% of your weight loss story but exercise will help keep you fit and aid your body in burning off the calories when you aren’t working out. You can also help your body fend off diseases and pathogens better since your body is at its tip top condition.
One of the most annoying experiences we encounter with our skin is uneven skin tone. This can be due to a lot of factors. It could be due to skin trauma from wounds and lesions. It can also be due to being out in the sun and causing an uneven tone on some parts. Skin care product chemicals can also inhibit dark spots. Normally, we’d make use of makeup to even out our skin tone. While this is a sure way to sort out this concern, it can be taxing to apply makeup each day. Additionally, it can be easily removed or tampered if you’re not careful. No one wants to consistently retouch their makeup in the middle of the day or an important event.
A good way to get an even tone is to tan. Tanning is the go-to approach to get an overall tone. While sunbathing and indoor tanning are the most preferred methods to getting a tan, self tanning is a much healthier approach. Although self tanning can be tricky to work with, it’s a good way to help you give an overall perfect tan. Since this method doesn’t make use of any harsh UV rays, you don’t suffer through a sunburn or premature wrinkling.
It is a tricky approach but if you’re familiar with applying makeup, this won’t be too hard. Another perk of using self tanners is you can contour your tan. If coverage is all you’re after, self tanning can deliver that with ease. However, you can step up the game by shaping your body through a self tanner. Contouring with a self tanner works just like a bronzer however, it’s much easier to contour if you apply your self tanner with an airbrush. It’s also more cost-effective to implore the use of an airbrush and an air compressor for self tanning.
Body scrubs can be quite an odd concept to work around with. While we are young, our skin pushes out the layer of impurities from our body. However, as we grow older, our skin can no longer accommodate that. We should be more keen to exfoliate our skin once we hit our late 20’s or early 30’s. Normally, we make use of market ready body scrubs to aid us but there are some natural body scrubs that can work wonders. In fact, it’s more ideal to make use of natural body scrubs since this can help us remove the impurities on our body while also keeping it in tip top condition.
Here are some natural body scrubs you can use:
– Brown sugar is a great scrub. While sugar crystals may sound like a very abrasive item to put on your skin, it’s actually a good exfoliating agent. You can mix some honey or milk to soften it a bit then rub against your skin. This will keep your skin smooth.
– Oatmeal is also a great choice to scrubbing off the impurities on your skin. You can enjoy soft skin after using oatmeal as a means to remove dirt. Oatmeal is great for individuals with sensitive skin as it is not harsh and also leaves the skin moisturized.
– Loofa is a natural body scrub. Its not normally sold in stores but its actually a dried fruit. Its a good practice to let it dry outside of the bathroom to prevent bacteria and fungi from growing on it.
These are the most common choices of natural body scrubs. Adding honey into the mix can make your exfoliating session antibacterial and can help ease any inflamed skin. Its also good practice to conduct each body scrubbing at most twice a week and to provide good intervals in between each scrubbing.
Your choice of food reflects on your body. Eating junk food can cause a lot of harm to your body especially your skin thus you’d want to get the good stuff in you. One of the best foods to incorporate into your body is fruits. This is a great alternative to the simple sugars that have become a constant item in our day to day lives. If you want to bolster your skin, here are some fruits you can add to your diet:
While commonly perceived as an ambrosia fruit, Pomegranates provide antioxidants to prevent free radicals from damaging your skin. You can also enjoy a great amount of vitamin E to help keep your skin cells healthy.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. It can also provide collagen that can help in slowing the aging process of your skin.
Lemons may be a common sight for summer due to lemonade but if you want a lighter complexion, consistently getting lemon into your system can give you that result.
Avocado is a healthy fat that most ketogenic diets approve. This fruit can provide your body with Biotin which is essential to cell regeneration.
Bananas are commonly incorporated into our desserts but by themselves they are a great source of vitamins such as vitamin E. Vitamin E is a very important vitamin that can help keep your skin glowing and looking great.
Kiwi is a great refresher. Not only can your immune system benefit from consuming Kiwi, you can also keep your skin looking young and fresh due to the high ascorbic acid content of this fruit.
The Papain in Papayas can speed up cell regeneration which is vital in keeping your skin looking young and healthy. It’s also a great fruit that contains a good amount of antioxidants.
Summer is the season you want to showcase your body thus it’s not a surprise that you would want to keep it in tip-top condition. One of the things to consider is what you take in your body to keep it in a good condition. Skipping a meal is not advisable since it will make you weak and can cause a lot of harm. Having a good diet would definitely keep you fit so you can add some of these food to your meals to keep your body fit for the hot season:
– Watermelon. While it is a treat, this fruit is ideal for the summer season. It can give your body a lot of water as it is 80% water and also replenish the sugars if you’re on a low-sugar diet. Watermelons help in keeping your skin from being damaged from the sun while you’re out.
– A handful of blueberries can help give your body the need anti-oxidants while also preventing muscle fatigue. This is great if you consistently work out to keep your body in a great condition. It can be good snack alternatives from the usual high-calorie snacks that are a common treat to us.
– Grilled veggies can be a great addition to your barbecue. Not only do they make your food plate look much healthier, they also provide your body the good carbohydrates to make it work around. Normally, you’d think twice about grilling vegetables but infusing flavors without overdoing them can be done through grilling. In fact, grilling is a much preferred method compared to frying since food can easily soak up a lot of oil.
– Corn on the cob is a common treat when you go out by the beach. It can also help you stay fit. While yellow corn does have a high glycemic index, you can make still enjoy 2 grams of fiber which can sort out your diet.
We’ve heard how come skin cancer has become quite common. It’s quite alarming to consider that every hour, an American dies to skin cancer. This makes sunbathing quite scary and so other people opt to get their summer glow from indoor tanning. Indoor tanning is a common approach to get a tan because of how convenient it can be.
Tanning beds or sunbeds are the common methods to getting an indoor tan. Unlike sunbathing, sunbeds can help provide you the bronze tone in far less time than sunbathing can. This is due to the concentrated approach to providing UV rays to your body.
With that information in mind, it can be disconcerting to think of how dangerous sunbeds can be. Unfortunately, sunbeds or tanning beds aren’t more innocent than sunbathing. This is contrary to the belief that most people say. In fact, indoor tanning is more potent than sunbathing due to the close proximity of the rays that they give off. Additionally, since the machine has a concentrated amount of UV radiation. Unlike sunbathing, clouds to soften the rays before it reaches our skin.
Not only that, our eyes are also assaulted to how dangerous indoor tanning can be. We’re told to wear a specific kind of eyewear to protect our eyes from the UV radiation we go through. Even though it’s only for a short time, indoor tanning does a lot of damage in such a short time.
Thus, if you’re planning to lessen the harm you get from tanning. Indoor tanning doesn’t help ease out the harm compared to sunbathing. If you would like to try out a much healthier approach to tanning, self tanning would be the more ideal approach since it doesn’t harm your skin in any manner. Although, it would be a good idea to test out the self tanner ahead before putting it on your entire skin unless you get an allergic reactions.
Beauty products can be all the rage to enjoying a good pampering for your skin. While there’s a lot of items that one can enjoy on the market, it’s important to be vigilant on the items you put on your skin. Individuals with very sensitive skin can have quite a hard time to various chemicals. At times, the chemicals incorporated in various skin care products can turn out to be quite harmful for your skin. Here are some of them that you’d want to avoid:
– Coal tar. This ingredient is commonly found in various cosmetics. This is a carcinogen that is banned in Europe. That fact alone should be quite alarming since it’s banned in one continent. To be quite specific, this product raises the chances of getting cancer from consistent use.
– Formaldehyde. This ingredient can be found in some shampoos, makeup and even hair dyes. Formaldehyde or chemicals that release it can cause allergies, liver problems and even immune system toxicity. If you have sensitive skin, even a small dose of formaldehyde can cause rashes, blistering and other known allergic reactions.
– Mineral oil. You’d be surprised to know that this ingredient can be found in a lot of moisturizers. Moisturizers are supposed to cater to your skin’s well-being but if you purchase a moisturizer with this ingredient, it can cause a lot of issues. Mineral oil is an ingredient of petroleum and can leave your skin feeling like a plastic wrap. It can aggravate acne and even speed up aging.
– Paraben. This ingredient is found on a lot of skin care products that you might single out only a few without it. Paraben has been linked to the cancer and can cause a lot of hormonal damage that can be a big factor to women.
Deliberate tanning, or to some this is called pre-tanning, is getting a tan before sunbathing. This is usually done by those who have a pale skin tone since you don’t want to bake yourself alive when trying to sunbathe.
Normally, pre-tanning is done through indoor tanning. Tanning beds have a controlled amount of radiation and can be done in a few minutes. While tanning beforehand can be really good for those with pale skin, it’s actually not a good practice. Indoor tanning cooks the outermost layer of skin cells. Damaged skin cells cannot protect you from the sun’s harm since they’ve already been damaged by indoor tanning. In order to avoid burning yourself under the sun, you’ll want to lather a good amount of sunscreen on. Sunscreen is your initial defense against the sun’s harmful rays.
Tanning your skin via indoor tanning already damaged your skin thus exposing it to more UV radiation can lead to even more harm. It would be a good idea to avoid deliberate tanning. While the concept of tanning your skin immediately, especially if you have fair skin, can be daunting. Try to give yourself some breaks and cool off when you have the time to avoid taxing your body under all the heat.
The best thing to do gradually let yourself get your tan through sunbathing. A good practice would be to set your time on when you should tan in the middle of the day. Another concern would be how long you’re going to tan. It’s best to let yourself do some sunbathing a good two or three hours. If you want to get your tan faster, you can make use of tanning oils. Tanning oils can help expedite the chances of getting your tan. With the aid of tanning oils, you can also lessen the time you are under the sun thus lessening the harm that it can do to you.
Taking care of yourself should not be a second option rather it should always be your top priority. How you take care of yourself greatly reflects on your skin thus if you skimp on your pampering, your skin is going to show it. Summer is a very taxing season for our skin. Not only is it very humid or dry, the sun shines the brightest which means more harm to your skin if you loiter a lot outside.
Sunscreen and the shade are your greatest allies but there are also some fruits you can take in to help pamper your skin during this hot weather. You’ll still need to put on some sunscreen if you want to walk about. However, there’s a saying that you are what you eat thus having some food taking in during such warm days can help your body out. If you want to take better care of your skin, you’ll want some of these fruits incorporated into your meals for summer:
- Tomato may be commonly used as a vegetable, it’s actually a fruit. This fruit is cultivated a lot during summer so you’re in luck. Eating tomatoes can help promote collagen production due to their lycopene content.
- Citrus fruits are a common addition to drinks during summer. While their tangy taste can be quite refreshing, there’s more into it for your body than you’d think. The high amino acid content can aid in collagen and soothing inflammations on your skin. You’d avoid putting some lemon on a sunburn though, that’s going to hurt a lot.
- Watermelon is a common fruit to chomp on during summer, no matter which country you go. The 80 percent water doesn’t lie and it’s quite a treat if you want a simple snack to abate the heat. Watermelon also has lycopene which can aid in protecting your skin cells from sun damage. Now you get the idea why people bring watermelon to the beach!
Your skin is the first barrier to anything that may cause harm. Additionally, it is the most visual organ of your body. If you don’t take care of your skin, you wil end up showcasing how bad your body looks. There are various ways to make your skin look nice. One of the biggest hurdles when it comes to growing old is how our skin becomes quite saggy and wrinkles show up. At times, these unsightly beauty marks show up in our late 20’s which can really throw off our self confidence.
Premature aging can be caused by a lot of factors. It can be due to our diet, our lifestyle or even the environment. We take away what we put into our body as well as our surroundings. Factoring that in mind does make skin care a difficult concept to tackle. However, there are natural means to keep looking young and maintaining supple skin.
One thing we can consider is what you eat. Have your fair share of omega 3 rich fatty food such as salmon and walnuts. Omega 3 keeps your skin glowing and tightens it. You can incorporate these food to your day to day meals or even snacks, for walnuts, for better skin.
If you aren’t a fan of fish or allergic to nuts, never fear. You can chomp on some avocados. Avocados have been dubbed as a millenial food due to the number of avocadoes this generation eats. With so much stores offering avocadoes, you can get your healthy fat anywhere.
If you’d like something to pick on while on the go, sunflower seeds are a great way to gain good fat. Fat is very important to retain the elasticity of your skin. Sunflower seeds are a great snack due to how portable they are while also aiding in locking in moisture for your skin.