Sunbathing is the most common approach to getting tanned skin. With the weather clearing up slowly to welcome to spring, we’re going to expect a lot of individuals getting their share of the sun’s warmth. While basking under the sun is a good way to start the day, prolonged exposure can be very dangerous. If you aren’t vigilant, you can land yourself in hot water for overdoing on the sun tanning.
Fret not, there are still ways to tan safely and here are some ways to do so:
- Put on a good amount of sunscreen before sunbathing. Sunscreen is your initial protection against the sun’s harmful rays. Exposing yourself to hours on end can heighten the chances of harm. In fact, you need to reapply your sunscreen every two hours to make sure you stay protected. Unprotected skin results in nasty sunburn; or worse, it could even progress to skin cancer. Make sure to let the sunscreen dry up, usually thirty minutes, before getting your share of vitamin D.
- Take some breaks when you do sun tanning. You put your body in a lot of harm while sunbathing thus it’s very important to take breaks and rehydrate. Individuals who don’t take breaks are susceptible to heat strokes or deadlier sun borne disease. Make sure to keep yourself well-hydrated so you can keep on pumping out sweat which cools your body down.
- Overexposure is another issue that needs to be considered when sunbathing. When it comes to the time of when you do your sunbathing, it is important to be careful of the time of day. From noon to 4 in the afternoon, the sun’s rays are deadliest. This is usually the time that individuals opt to tan since the rays are intense. However, it would be best to tan at most thirty minutes during this period to avoid taxing your body and causing too much damage to your skin.
Eczema can be hard to deal with. It can be quite the handicap at enjoying certain things such as tanning. If you want to get a tan, sunbathing or indoor tanning is out of the picture since it can aggravate your eczema.
With that in mind, getting a tan can be quite a hurdle. Thankfully, with modern innovation, self tanning has been crafted. Self tanning gives you the chance to get a tan without having to expose yourself to the harmful UV rays. Unfortunately, since self tanners are chemical based, you still need to be extra careful with what to get.
In order to get the best out of your self tanning experience, here are some tips to consider to aid you on tanning despite having eczema:
– Avoid self tanners that contain DHA or Dihydroxyacetone in the labels. This chemical can inhibit allergic reactions to individuals who have eczema. No one wants to get an allergic reaction when putting on a tan, right?
– If you aren’t familiar with what self tanners you can use, you can try to do a skin test beforehand. It’s best to put on a small drop on your skin and let it sit for at least thirty minutes. If it becomes red and itchy, it’s a sure sign that you can’t really use this tanner.
– For better results, make use of organic self tanners. Organic self tanners are crafted from natural materials with little to no added chemicals in them. You can opt for the self tanners from Thermalabs to be able to enjoy your self tanning experience.
– When applying the self tanner, make sure to dab lightly especially on areas that are sensitive after being exfoliated. You don’t want your self tanner to be too thick nor do you want your skin to be aggravated by the self tanner.
When it comes to tanned skin, it can be daunting to put on some makeup. While inexperienced makeup artists will tell you that self tanned skin is hard to work with, it’s actually not that hard. In order to enjoy a great look, you’ll need to be familiar with how self tanned skin works. To avoid ruining your self tan, it’s best to avoid products that contain retinol. This chemical can easily erase the tanned tone thus ruining your hard work on getting a good tan.
In order to make the most out of your tanned skin, you have to be familiar with the type of tan that you have. Do you have warm or cold tone? This tone can really determine the type of makeup you’ll be working with. If you aren’t familiar with your undertone, your makeup can be a disaster.
Another tip to consider would be to tailor your look to the occasion you’re going to be attending. You don’t want to overdo your makeup for a simple office meeting, right? Although there’s nothing wrong in being a little extra, sometimes how you look can make or break what you do.
Despite your tanned skin, don’t use too much light tones. Just because you want to make good use on highlighting your contour, it’s never a good idea to overdo on too much light makeup from your palette. Balance out the light and dark tones to make sure your makeup isn’t overdone. Additionally, try to make use of your self tanner as a bronzer. Having used your self tanner can lessen the time spent on contouring your skin thus try to contour your skin when you put on your self tanner. This can also help you become more familiar on which spots need to be highlighted and which spots need a little bit of flair to change how you look.
Tanning is a lucrative way to look your best without doing anything to drastic. It can be done in various methods, namely sunbathing, indoor and self tanning. No matter what method of tanning you use, it can be very inconvenient to encounter some mishaps. We can stress out the small stuff but there’s no need to. Here are some kitchen solutions to help you remedy some tanning problems.
– If you have some self tanning mishaps, sorting those out can be quite frustrating. A good way to remove these would be to make use of some lemon juice that has been slightly diluted with water. Lemon juice alone is very potent and can cause harm to your skin. Lightly dab the self tanning mishap by using a cotton ball. Once the area has lightened up, you can slowly dab the self tanner back until you get to the desired tone of tanned skin.
– If you want to get rid of your previous tan, exfoliating is the key. Normally you’d make use of a loofa or a body scrub to get this done. However, using some more natural options can be a great idea. If you want to maintain a healthy moisturized skin after removing your old tan, you can use oatmeal and some milk. Oatmeal is a good exfoliator without leaving your skin dry. Milk can easily lighten your skin and work hand in hand with oatmeal to keeping it moisturized.
– You can use some turmeric to sort out the uneven tone of your skin. Add some water to cup of turmeric and mix until it turns into a paste-like consistency. For optimal results you can mix cold curd instead of water. Apply to the affected skin and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is also a good skin relief for sunburns if you overdid some sunbathing.
Sunbathing is the very iconic approach to getting tanned skin. It’s the first and usual method to get a tan; if you discount swimming by the beach. At times, we don’t even do sunbathing along the shore; it can be done at the park or even in your own backyard.
Despite how straightforward sunbathing can be, there are still some mistakes that tanning addicts can encounter. To avoid these mishaps, here are some tips to follow:
- Sunburn is a common and painful result of sunbathing. It happens when you don’t put too much sunscreen before sunbathing or when the rays are too intense. To sort this out, make sure to purchase a wide spectrum sunscreen, this block both UVA and UVB rays. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sunbathing to make sure your skin has absorbed it. Re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours to make sure you don’t get any sunburn.
- One side can turn out darker than the other if you don’t flip often. Sometimes we get too comfortable on one side that we forget that we must evenly tan the other side too. It’s a good habit to rely on a timer to make sure that you evenly expose each side of your body to the sun. Another thing to consider is to take a break from time to time. Your skin needs to cool off and you’ll need to replenish the liquids in your body.
- Not being able to tan well can be a result of when you tan in the day and how long you stay under the sun. It’s practice to set a specific time of the day for tanning. The sun is more intense during the afternoon but the hours after lunchtime can be very punishing. Try to set at most three hours for sunbathing to make sure you don’t overdo. If you want to tan during morning, it’s still a good time but the rays during morning are usually mild.
When it comes to looking better, we rely on makeup a lot. Makeup can easily highlight what’s good about our looks or hide what we don’t like. Unfortunately, makeup can be quite tangible and at times is good for a certain occasion while another palette works best for another. One way to get around this is to make use of self tanners. While the hue of a self tanner is quite limited, it can work much like a foundation and as a bronzer.
If you are well-versed in using a self tanner, you’ll be surprised to know that a self tanner is a semi permanent bronzer. Thus, if you want to be able to make the most out of your self-tanner, you can make use of it as a semi-permanent makeup. A good method to apply the self tanner to one’s features for contouring is using a spray tanning kit. To accentuate your features, here some facial features you can focus on:
– Your cheekbone is the most important part of your face that you contour. Make sure to adjust the nozzle so that you can narrow the area. Apply until you get to the desired dark tone and use a brush to lightly spread the color.
– You can apply some of the self tanner along the outer bridge of your nose. This helps make your nose look more narrow.
– Apply a darker shade under your jaw to be able to sharpen your jaw line as well as change the overall shape of your jaw.
– Using some self tanner along your temples or the side of your forehead can help add sharper angles to your face. This works for those with round faces or those with wider foreheads. If you’re not the type to put your bangs down, this works best for you.
Indoor tanning is a great way to get a tan. During the cold months, sunbathing is really out of the question thus you may want to consider indoor tanning. Indoor tanning makes use of tanning machines such as tanning beds and tanning showers however most salons offer tanning beds. If you have a friend who’s new to the indoor tanning experience, it can be a little daunting. To sort this out, you can have a good number of friends do some indoor tanning at the same time. Think of it as a bonding experience with your buds so that no one feels too intimidated. To make it more worthwhile, here are some ways to make a great indoor tanning experience worthwhile for your friends:
Book for a big appointment for the group. Nothing’s more fun than being able to get your tanning done together. Try to opt for a schedule where everyone doesn’t need to rush. A good time to get some indoor tanning would be before you all attend an event together.
Make sure to bring some sunscreen. Even if this doesn’t involve the sun, you still need sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburn through the intense UV rays from the contraptions.
Advise them to wear the skimpiest clothing to make the most out of the indoor tanning experience. You can also advise them to make use of tan-through clothing if they want to be modest but still enjoy the most out of the indoor tanning experience.
It’s a good idea to time your indoor tanning. If your friend is new to indoor tanning, you may want to keep it at 30 minutes maximum to avoid overdoing the tan or putting your friend’s skin into harm. Additionally, you can also try to space the time you do your tanning to avoid overdoing your skin. Try to space at least a day or two in between each.
November is the month we’re looking forward to when it comes to Thanksgiving. However, it is also the month where a lot of sales happen. Black Friday is upon us and there’s a lot of things to look forward to. Black Friday has to be one of the days where sales go really wild. With so many items priced off, there’s a lot of people clamouring to get their beloved items at half the price; or even lower.
If you are looking forward to getting some much needed skin care items, here are some things you can consider getting during Black Friday:
– A fresh set of moisturizers would be good. You can’t still be using the same moisturizer that you bought during late summer or early autumn. It’s a good idea to shift to a much richer and thicker moisturizer since winter is coming upon us. The temperatures can get really low which can dry your skin up very easily.
– New skin care items that are geared for winter. You need skin care items that are dedicated for winter. With the skin care products priced down, it’s always a great idea to replenish your skin care items to aid in the regimen. You can also benefit getting a new set of skin care products as some skin care products can get really expensive during winter.
– Self tanning products are a great product to purchase during Black Friday sale because winter is a hard time to sunbathe. With the climate going lower and lower in temperature, it’s impossible to get one’s sunbathing. Self tanning is a much healthier approach to getting a tan since you don’t rely on UV radiation to get your tan down. While indoor tanning is a good alternative, it’s still very hazardous to one’s skin.
Thanksgiving is coming faster and faster as the days trickle by. With the climate getting colder and
colder, it’s also imperative to take better care of one’s skin. One of the best ways to help you take
better care of your skin is being careful of what you eat. We all know that you are what you eat
thus it can be tricky to work around with if you are into eating junk food.
With thanksgiving, there’s going to be a lot to feast on; thus here are some food suggestions to
give your thanksgiving a much healthier touch:
– In most of our dishes, we use a fair amount of oil in cooking them. Using olive oil over
conventional oils can actually help make your average dishes better. One great thing about olive oil
is the fatty content that works great in keeping your skin supple and glowing. It has a good number
of antioxidants that can help fight off free radicals.
– Sweet potatoes with your pumpkin pie. We have our share of potatoes for thanksgiving but
why not swap the usual potatoes for some sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic
index so they don’t aid inflaming your skin care issues. Not only do they make a good change to
your usual servings, you can also benefit by expediting the production of new skin cells. While we
can’t avoid sweetening our food, avoid overdoing it as copious intake of sugar can cause a lot of
harm to one’s skin.
– If you have some leafy greens, throw in some spinach to add some color and nutrients into
the dish. Spinach has a lot of vitamins and antioxidants that can help protect your skin from further
harm. Your skin still needs to be protected from the sun even if it’s chilly outside.
Acne can be quite a frustrating skin ailment to manage. There’s a lot of ways that acne can ruin your day and it can get worse if you don’t sort it out beforehand. Acne can happen whenever you least expect it. In the worst case scenarios, you might want to have to take medicine or apply ointments just to sort out acne.
If you want to ease the presence of acne in your body, it’s a good idea to lessen the intake of sugars and food with high glycemic index. The sugar causes the inflammation which can worsen due to your lifestyle or lack of care for your skin.
Shifting your diet can be a big step but there are a lot of ways to sort out your food intake to be able to soothe and clear out acne. Here are some specific food you can add to your day to day meals:
– Orange and yellow fruits are great additions since they have a lot of antioxidants and vitamin E
– Omega- fat rich food is great in helping acne heal thus you want to chow on some walnuts and salmon for your future meals
– Good bacteria is not only limited to doing well for your tummy but for your skin too. Raising the consumption of pickles, sauerkraut and kombucha may sound odd but they help your skin out and encourage the presence of healthy bacteria inside your stomach.
– Raise the presence of zinc in your body by consuming more cashews and almonds. While chocolate coated almonds sounds very tasty, you may want to stick to the almonds alone. Consuming milk chocolate can still inflame your acne due to the sugar in it. Dark chocolate can lessen the harm but it’s still good to eat chocolates in moderation.