Getting good looking skin is quite a feat to achieve. With so many things on our plate, it’s quite daunting to pamper one’s self. Not only that but with numerous products we’ve placed on our skin, it’s also a little difficult to choose which products would not go against our skin type. Fear not, there are some natural ways to help your skin keep its moisture without having to rely on the products found on your skin care aisle from the grocery store.
In fact, most of the items listed here can be found in your kitchen. If you’ve only made use of them for cooking, with the aid of this article you’ll surely see these items in a new light. And hey, they might just solve your skin care concern before you know it.
- Usually found in most skin care products, this nifty item is good for your skin due to its high value on lactic acid. This is a particularly good moisturizer since it helps rejuvenate your skin. A good way to apply this would be to dip your fabric in a bowl of buttermilk and let the cloth sit on your face for a while.
- Honey’s quite the talk no matter where you use it. It’s no surprise that even for a natural moisturizer you’d see its name here too. Pure honey has a lot of antioxidants plus being filled with nutrients that leave your skin nourished and glowing. You can apply some honey-water mixture to your face. Let it dry and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Olive oil. It’s been known that olive oil has a lot of positive effects. Not only is it one of the ideal oils used for cooking or sauces, it’s also great when it comes to taking care of your skin. Due to natural acids that olive oil contains, you can treat your skin to some cleansing while keeping it as moisturized as possible. You can add some olive oil, around two tablespoons would be good, to your usual bath or natural face scrub.
- -Avocados. Avocados have been known to have a good amount of fat, thankfully they’re the good kind. As tasty as they are to eat, they’re also a great natural moisturizer. If you have dry skin, the high-fat content as well as vitamin enriched avocados can soothe the dryness away. To best appreciate the avocado, you can chow down on the avocado meat while rubbing the inner layer of the avocado peel on your face. Let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before you rinse it off with some warm water.
It’s really no surprise that many people dread the Holidays coming in. With the climate growing colder, it’s quite a task to actually try to jog while snow is falling down on you. If you’re opting for the gym, that’s also another struggle as the roads and the overall mood for winter can be demotivating. It’s quite difficult to actually lose weight during the holidays especially during Christmas.
Now, you may deck yourself as much as you can in the gym but working out doesn’t mean you should eat more. That’s actually a wrong perception when it comes to working out. In fact, if you want to shape up, you’d better do a better grasp on what you eat.
To get a better weight loss experience for Christmas, here are some food you might want to chow on to help you lose those flabs:
– Green Tea. It’s been known that green tea has a lot of good things in it. It’s no surprise that it’ll come to the list. While it’s not really food, it’s one of the best accompaniments and can also keep you warm during the cold days.
– Pears. There’s a lot of fiber in one pear. While it may be an uncommon fruit to find on your dinner table during the wintry days, pears are a great choice for snacking especially if you want to avoid the junk food in the middle of the day.
– Eggs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you can’t go wrong by having eggs on the plate. Eggs are excellent source of protein and can also help you be full for the entire morning. Being full means opting out on unwanted snacking; so you will also save some money instead of splurging it on food.
Who does not like to have a longer lasting tan? Definitely every tanner would be very happy to prolong their tan than its usual fading time. Whatever method of tanning a tanning buff uses, their ultimate goal is to wear a sun-kissed color all year round. But we all know that this is not a permanent color, so an additional extension before the tan fades is a plus.
In the world of cosmetics where vast advancement and improvements are present, heaps of products are invented and improved to enhance the quality and durability of a product. And with this wide range of tanning products, it is sometimes confusing which product is a pro.
In this article, you will know more about Protectan, a top-rated sunscreen lotion by Thermalabs and some reasons why you should use this medium to protect and prolong your tan.
Protectan sunscreen lotion is a product of Thermalabs, one of the top-rated, most trusted and leading cosmetic brand in the United States. If you are looking for a high quality cosmetic product, look for the name first. Do not put your skin health on risk by trying various brands, instead, look for a brand that has credibility.
- Its ingredients and contents
Protectan is the best sunscreen because of its new innovative broad spectrum formula that protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. UVA are those that penetrate in your dermis and UVB causes sun burn and destroys the superficial layers of your skin which may lead to skin cancer. With Protectan, you are protected from both UVA and UVB rays. It is also paraben free and hypoallergenic which is safe to those with sensitive skin. It is enriched with Vitamin E for skin protection and Pro-Vitamin B5 for extended moisture and most of all it is dermatologically tested.
Who doesn’t want additional benefits from a certain product? Protectan is packed with plus factors and other advantageous features. It does not only serve as sunscreen but it has pro-vitamin B5 that gives extra moisture. So you do not need to bring another separate moisturizer because it has already a moisturizer. Protectan has also new improved super-seal cap to prevent your tube from spilling all over your bag because Thermalabs cares for you. Of course you are always bringing this in your bag together with your other belongings. Bumping the tube into your other belongings may cause the ordinary cap to open so Thermalabs improved its cap.
Time and time again, women have tried to find ways to help make them look at their best. This is why makeup was crafted. In our modern times, men and women have begun to find a comfort when they have makeup. With so many colors and approaches to beautifying yourself, it’s no surprise that the makeup industry is thriving as it is today.
While there are numerous brands to look into, many of the makeup in the market contain a lot of chemicals. Makeup with so much chemicals in them tend to cause a lot of allergic reactions, thus being quite cheap. Not only that but consistent usage of these kinds of makeup can cause a lot of skin ailments or health issues. We can’t really name all the effects but it’s quite surprising that a tool used to compliment yourself can lead to your own demise.
Thus, with the recent uproar on the chemicals that are incorporated to making your makeup, organic makeup has entered the scene. While it’s quite surprising to imagine makeup made from such ingredients, there really is a niche for organic makeup.
Organic makeup is ideal for any skin type. Since most allergic reactions are attributed to the high-chemical content in makeup, having organic ingredients rules out the harm it can be caused to your skin. Another important factor with organic makeup is that your nose is not put through any stress. With the usual makeup, artificial fragrance and scents can cause various reactions that could spell out for disaster. Since organic makeup has a weak scent, you won’t have to worry about the effects too much.
Lastly, organic makeup does not cause any environmental harm. Since they are organic you are not making use of chemicals to craft it. There’s no residue chemical that would be dumped somewhere- that thought alone makes organic makeup a good choice on your next shopping spree.
When it comes to keeping one’s self fit, it can be a challenge if you’re not looking out for what you eat. As they say, it’s twenty percent in the gym and eighty percent in the kitchen. One of the biggest hurdles is dinner, which is a time that most people like to let loose.
While treating yourself is never bad, having a really heavy dinner can be against you especially if you’re hoping to get a flatter belly. Most of the time, individuals let loose after work so they gain a lot of weight without realizing it. Not to worry, here are some tips that you might want to keep in mind for dinner time:
– Ricotta and other low-fat dairy help avoid in adding in a few more pounds.
– Try to minimize the consumption of red meat during dinner time. Your body has a harder time breaking red meat down and since dinner time is the meal before relaxing, the extra fat gets stored in your muscles without a second thought.
– Have a lot of fiber in your meal. Fiber is a key ingredient to getting your tummy as flat as it can be. Spinach is a good example of a high-fiber but low calorie vegetable that you can add to your meal.
– Put in some protein from white meat. It’s been known that fish and chicken had better amounts of protein from red meat. Not only that but since red meat is high in fat, white meat is a better option to chow on. Protein helps in the development of muscle mass thus aids in getting you a leaner frame.
– If you’re in the mood for some beef, you’ll want to get some grass-fed beef. This type of beef is rich in conjugated linoleic acid which can help lessen your body fat.
Why do we really need to do skin exfoliation? Is this essential? Yes, exfoliating is a vital way of taking care of our skin. It’s like a deeper cleaning on the skin because barely washing with soap is not enough to clean it. In fact, skin peeling is a natural body process but in depends on how old is the person before it takes its peeling cycle. According to studies, when you are at your 20s, it takes an average of 14-25 days before the skin cell turns over. When you’re on 30s, it takes 30 days and when you’re on age of 40s, it takes 40 days before the outer cover of the skin change. And as people age, it goes slower and slower. Thus we need to help our skin by exfoliating.
The main reason of exfoliating is to remove the old and dead skin cells on the epidermis. This dirt when not removed, stays on the skin and creates blemishes and stains. Imagine a skin with blemishes. It looks dull and rough. And it causes forming of acne because it blocks the skin pores.
The best way to clean this is through skin exfoliation. Exfoliant works as a scrub to remove deep-seated dirt. There are so many ways on how to exfoliate. You can go to a dermatologist or go to spa to do the exfoliating for you. You can also buy skin exfoliating formula and apply it yourself. Or you can look around your house and use natural ingredients from your kitchen to exfoliate naturally. Here are only some of the few kitchen staples that can help you exfoliate naturally.
One of the top kitchen ingredients that helps in natural skin exfoliation is honey. Honey helps in speeding up the natural exfoliation and it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits which helps fight skin infection.
Yogurt exfoliates, hydrates and soothes the skin through its content lactic acid. It can be used by any skin type and can be applied on face and all over the body. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes then rinse.
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, a content used in expensive derma treatments to clean and exfoliate skin. Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste and apply to you skin. Wait for at least 20 minutes before rinsing.
Sugar has glycolic acid that helps in boosting skin regeneration. Mix sugar with olive oil to make a paste and apply on your face and body.
Tanning whether it is obtained naturally (through the sun) or through tanning salons, tanning beds, or self tanning products, has many benefits especially to one’s health and in boosting self-confidence. Sun exposure has been a very old issue since it can cause skin ailments that can even lead to skin cancer but let’s set aside the bad effects for a moment and give importance to its benefits. Anyways, these disadvantages will only manifest if too much exposure is done to achieve tan.
So, here are some of the few benefits of having tanned skin specifically through natural tan.
According to clinical studies, moderate and regular exposure of the skin to sunlight promotes good health because it activates the production of Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D has many beneficial factors on human health. Some of the few benefits of Vitamin D includes the following: it reduces the risk of having multiple sclerosis, it reduces the chance of having heart diseases, and it decreases of having a flu. Vitamin D is very essential in absorbing calcium and phosphorous to the bones, therefore reduces the risk of having brittle bones and weak muscles. Remember that there is no medicine or supplement that can give you Vitamin D; it can only be obtain from the sun and some few foods. Sunlight also regulates of someone’s mood relieving depression.
- It gives additional protection
Through tanning, the melanocyte cells generate melanin, the coloring pigment of the skin and pushes it out of the cell. Melanin prevents deeper penetration of UV radiation into the cells. It absorbs UV energy and transforms it into heat.
- It boosts self-confidence
Tanned skin looks healthier and more attractive than pale and fair complexion. In fact, the career of celebrities depend on it that’s why they pay tons of dollars just to achieve and maintain their sun-kissed glow. Fair complexion looks plain, boring and sickly that’s why they tan to improve their appearance.
You don’t need to spend any single amount just to achieve tan. Achieve a natural tan anywhere as long as there is sun.
Tanning is a good way of relaxing. While tanning, you can forget your work or problems for a while. To add fun while relaxing, you can read your favorite books, sip an ice cold juice, or listen to your favorite music while soaking your body under the sun.
In order to have a great body, one of the best steps to do so would be to watch what you eat. Everything you eat impacts your body, along with the activities that you do in your day to day life. You might not notice it but food has a big impact on your skin. If you’re been skimping out on the good stuff, now’s a good time to change your diet plan.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it’s no surprised that you have to incorporate these types of food into your first meal to promote better skin:
- Omelet with an Italian flair. It’s no surprise to hear that an omelette can help your skin. Tomatoes, commonly used in an Italian style Omelette, have a lot of lycopene with help boost your skin’s health as well as promote collagen. If you’re going out for the bulk of the day, tomatoes also help fight off sunburn.
- Strawberry-Kiwi Smoothie. While not really a choice of a breakfast meal but would count as an awesome drink for your morning meal, strawberry and kiwi pack a lot of vitamin C which helps in keeping your skin radiant and avoid wrinkling.
- Protein pancakes with a healthy dose of walnuts into it. Walnut has been proven to be a good source of ALA omega-3 fatty acids that aid in keeping your skin supple. Having some protein helps in the healing of any skin abrasions and also to promote better skin health.
- A dessert of a breakfast with dark chocolate muffins. These muffins are a light breakfast but filled with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has been proven to hydrate your skin as well as prevent it from scaling. Despite that, it’s always best to lower the amount of sugar in your meals to avoid other complications.
If there’s one way to sum up how you can make yourself a better person when it comes to food, there’s one line for that: You are what you eat. This line never ceases to turn heads especially with how common processed and fast food is in our system. It’s not surprising since we live in a highly urbanized area with so little time and resource to dedicate on growing fresh produce. At times, it can be very difficult to understand just how far the food we eat can do damage to your bodies.
You might not notice it now but constantly chowing down on some of our comfort food spells a lot of trouble for our skin. How about holding back on some sweets or skip on the usual fast food binge for the weekend? You’ll be more than happy to notice instant results once you’ve done so. For now, let’s see what we can do to help make our skin healthier and more glowing.
- This particular fruit is rich in fat and a good source of biotin. Biotin helps in keeping your skin nourished and avoids it from going brittle.
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene. Lycopene helps prevent sunburn especially if it’s mixed with olive oil. You can also benefit from the anti-oxidants and the nutrients a tomato gives.
- Green Tea. While not really something you’d eat, green tea has always been a staple on the healthy drink you should get. Green tea is brimming with nutrients that aid in keeping your skin look younger.
- Eggs might be a staple on your breakfast plate but don’t hold back on them. Eggs have high values of protein which help your skin in protecting itself from going dry as well as repairing cells that were damaged by free radicals.
One of the biggest hurdle during the warm months is keeping your skin hydrated. While staying out in the sun for a long duration is not ideal, even indoors, our skin is still assaulted by the heat. No one wants to have dry flaky skin or an enflamed one due to the rising degrees.
If you’re an individual who has seriously dry skin or having a skin condition, warm months spell more inconvenience for you. Rest assured, in this article, there are various moisturizers to ease the discomfort for summer.
If you’re hoping to try out some moisturizing products in the market, here are some notable names you’d want to remember:
- From Benefit, they have the Total Moisture Facial Cream which aids in giving you a refreshed complexion while also providing your skin protection from dirt.
- Not only does it give a whole day glow, the Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer keeps your skin quenched for quite a long duration.
- Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Hydrator is also a very good choice to aid you on moisturizing your skin. Due to its consistency, it’s easily absorbed by your skin and provides a thorough hydration while leaving a smooth finish.
If commercialized moisturizers are not your cup of tea, don’t you worry, there are also some natural moisturizers for a more organic approach to skin care regimen.
- Milk has always been known to be great for your skin. While it is ideally used for skin whitening due to the lactic acid, milk has soothing properties which can aid in sorting out inflamed dry skin.
- If you’re a big fan of honey, then you’re in luck. Honey is a famous natural moisturizer that is loaded with a lot of good stuff such as being an anti-microbial, and antioxidant.
With these moisturizers, you’re sure to enjoy the warmer days without having to be inconvenienced by dry skin.