Getting the ideal tan can be quite difficult. It’s not actually surprising since there are a lot of factors at hand. It could probably be the method of tanning you’re opting to follow or your skin type. Whatever the hurdle it can be, you can always try to overcome them. In fact, here are some of the secrets that people have to keep in mind regardless of their skin type:
- No matter what method of tanning you’re going to make use, exfoliating is a very important step. By cleansing your skin prior to the tanning session, you’re clearing away the layer of dead skin cells and impurities that have clung to your epidermis. Not only that, you’re also paving way to younger, more vibrant skin. One important note, you are also preventing an uneven skin tone since dead skin cells can ruin an overall tan.
- Shower after you tan. Why is this important? Not only do you help your skin soothe from a hot session under a sun or in a tanning bed, this also aids in keeping your skin hydrated while also encouraging your skin to take in more of the self tanners. Avoid oil-based products since they can get in the way.
- For sunbathing, make good use of your sunscreen. No one wants to come out of the beach with sunburn thus you’ll want to make good use of a reliable sun tan. You’ll want to let it dry before going out and basking all day. Remember; always reapply the sun tan every two to three hours to protect your skin from further harm.
- For self tanners, make good use of tanning mitts. Mitts are there to help guide you on the application of self tanners onto your skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking plenty of water or liquids as wells as putting on some moisturizer not only provides positive effects to your body but also keeps your skin supple. This also prevents the acquisition of dry skin which not only ruin your tan but can be quite an inconvenience to bear.
Looking your best can be difficult you’re unsure of how you want to go about it. While the best and easiest choice to uplift your looks can be make up, you’ll be surprised how getting a tan can boost your look. It’s been said that tanned individuals have a very sultry appeal which is why many individuals have gone through the venture of tanning. While tanning can be a big undertaking, it can also be done in the wrong manner.
Thus, to improve your experience with tanning, you can opt on using self tanners. Self tanners are your topical tan which don’t rely on the sun to tan. Despite being the healthier option to tanning, self tanners are tricky especially if you aren’t careful. Rest assured, here are some tips to consider to enhance how you look using self tanners:
- Before anything, make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to using a self tanner. You wouldn’t want to have streaks after your self tanning session or have light spots due to patches of skin that peeled off.
- You can contour your look using self tanners. Much like how you contour using make up, self tanners can be used in such a manner. It’s also best if you make use of an airbrush for this move since it controls the amount of self tanner that you apply on your skin as well as the intensity of the tan that you’re painting. Contouring takes practice especially if you’re not sure which areas should be tanned or highlighted.
- Start from light to dark; if you’re a fair person, don’t immediately slap some of the tanner on your skin. You’ll want to gradually put the tan onto your skin to make sure that you’re not overdoing it.
With self tanners being available on the market, nothing can stop you from looking your best with a tan.
With how difficult our environment can be as the day continues, it can be stressful on our body. One of the most visual effects is how our skin soaks up all the stress and impurities that we expose ourselves to each day. One of the effects of stress is the early aging of our skin. This ranges from wrinkles to saggy cheeks. It’s been said that our skin starts to sag when we reach thirty but it can be earlier if we’re really neck deep in stress.
One good way of keeping our skin supple each day is to minimize the stress we get into. While we can’t always control how things go, we can still manage how much they impact our system.
On another note, if you’re keen on some beauty tips as stress is not the only cause, here are some tips you’ll want to consider to make sure your skin is younger looking day by day:
- Make sure to use a moisturizer. Having a good amount of hydration keeps your skin supple by avoiding a dry and cracked state. If you’re not sure on what moisturizer to use, one with lactic acid can be quite the blessing.
- Avoid using harsh cleansers as they irritate the skin. Cleansers can range from a variety of strength thus it’s best to make use of softer cleanser since they contain fewer chemicals that can cause irritation.
- Try to minimize the time you soak in a hot bath. Hot baths tend to dry your skin a lot which causes it to become dry or sag due to the lack of hydration.
- Antioxidants are your best friend. Not only do they help out in fighting a lot of diseases, they also help your skin retain its supple look. Munch on some strawberries and kiwis and you’re sure to enjoy a youthful looking glow.
Tanning is a great way to make yourself look your best. While there are a lot of methods to tan, sunbathing is still the most common and cost-effective form of tanning. While many individuals would just lather some sunscreen and lie about to bask much of the sun, your body is under a constant exposure to the sun. This means that you’re not only trying to darken your skin but your body is also being dried up by it.
On these occasions, you’ll want to bring some water to keep yourself hydrated. However, if you’re not in the mood for the usual serving of H2O and hoping for other juices to keep your body as hydrated while tanning under the sun, here are some juices to cater to your palette:
- Watermelon Juice. It’s been known since time immemorial that Watermelons contain 80% water. Not only that, they’re one of the best fruits to eat during the summer season. If you’re hoping for a sweet drink while sunbathing, Watermelon juice is a great companion to keep you hydrated while basking under the sun.
- Strawberry Juice. If you’re the type who wants a much tarty appeal or someone who’s ridiculously in love with strawberries, then you’re going to love the fact that strawberries also help in hydration. With a whopping 92% on the water content as a fruit, strawberries are not only for cakes but make one of the ideal drinks for your sunbathing sessions.
- Celery Juice. This might the oddest one in the bunch but celery is a vegetable you’re not so accustomed to eating. At 95% on the water content, drinking celery juice also gives you a lot of fiber and minerals. This means that you’re not only keeping your hydration levels high but giving your body a good serving of vitamins and minerals while getting your bronze shade.
To those who know the significance of skin moisturizing, they rigidly perform skin care regimens to maintain the moisture and suppleness of their skin. There are always available moisturizers in the market but did you know that there are also lots of kitchen staples that can be used to moisturize your skin naturally. Aside from its availability because they can only be found in the kitchen, they are free from side effects too. So if you are running out of your favorite moisturizing brand, try to opt natural moisturizers and you will surely love it. Here are some of the few natural moisturizers.
Honey has antimicrobial, antioxidant and humectant properties and it is loaded with lots of essential vitamins and minerals to help improve skin health that is why it is considered as one of the best natural moisturizer. It aids in locking moisture in your skin leaving it soft and smooth. Just spread honey on your face and body for ten minutes before taking a bath or shower. Do this daily to moisturize your skin.
Natural oils such as coconut oil and olive are one of the best alternatives to moisturize your skin. These oil from plants are kind of similar to the oil our skin produces. When you apply oil on your body, they can be easily recognized by the skin and it binds moisture while strengthening skin cell membranes. Apply generous amount of oil before retiring to bed then wash it in the morning. Then apply again after taking a bath or shower.
Aloe Vera is another good natural moisturizer because of its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that smoothens drying skin. It can be applied on the face to help ease inflammation of breakouts at the same time moisturize your face. It can also be applied on your hands and legs to alleviate tightening and cracking skin due to the cold weather. Apply the gel inside the aloe vera leaf into your skin and let it penetrate for few minutes then gently wash or take a shower.
Milk and other milk-based products like yogurt and cream contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that loosens the skin tightening due to skin dryness. Its lactic acid content helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and strengthens the skin’s capability to retain moisture. Just dip a clean cloth on the milk and apply on your skin. Let it sit for few minutes and gently wash it with lukewarm water.