Getting the ideal tan can be quite difficult. It’s not actually surprising since there are a lot of factors at hand. It could probably be the method of tanning you’re opting to follow or your skin type. Whatever the hurdle it can be, you can always try to overcome them. In fact, here are some of the secrets that people have to keep in mind regardless of their skin type:
- No matter what method of tanning you’re going to make use, exfoliating is a very important step. By cleansing your skin prior to the tanning session, you’re clearing away the layer of dead skin cells and impurities that have clung to your epidermis. Not only that, you’re also paving way to younger, more vibrant skin. One important note, you are also preventing an uneven skin tone since dead skin cells can ruin an overall tan.
- Shower after you tan. Why is this important? Not only do you help your skin soothe from a hot session under a sun or in a tanning bed, this also aids in keeping your skin hydrated while also encouraging your skin to take in more of the self tanners. Avoid oil-based products since they can get in the way.
- For sunbathing, make good use of your sunscreen. No one wants to come out of the beach with sunburn thus you’ll want to make good use of a reliable sun tan. You’ll want to let it dry before going out and basking all day. Remember; always reapply the sun tan every two to three hours to protect your skin from further harm.
- For self tanners, make good use of tanning mitts. Mitts are there to help guide you on the application of self tanners onto your skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking plenty of water or liquids as wells as putting on some moisturizer not only provides positive effects to your body but also keeps your skin supple. This also prevents the acquisition of dry skin which not only ruin your tan but can be quite an inconvenience to bear.