Sandalwood has a lot of uses that we’ve been undermining. It’s been incorporated in a lot of perfume, food and even technology. These may be the common niches that sandalwood is used; there’s still the benefit of using sandalwood as a skin care aid. In order to get a better appreciation of sandalwood the next time you come across it, here are some of the benefits you can get for to bolster your skin care regimen:
- Sandalwood has anti-inflammatory properties. This means it can aid your acne. Acne is the occurrence of inflammation due to your pores being clogged up by dirt.
- A serving of sandalwood powder has enough antibacterial properties to sort out your pimples and avoid the chances of getting nasty scars.
- If you’ve been hoping to clear out the last traces of your summer glow off your skin, sandalwood is a great tool for you. Simply mix some sandalwood powder, and milk; mix until it becomes a paste and apply generously onto the tanned areas. Sandalwood aids in clearing one’s complexion plus with the lactic acid found in milk, your tone is sure to lighten easily.
- Being out under the sun after a tanning session can leave your skin dry or cause premature aging, using some sandalwood can slow the process of wrinkles showing up. For this case, it’s best to use some sandalwood oil on your skin and apply lightly.
- Your skin becomes quite sensitive as you get older and the dirt from pollution you’re basking in; by this time, using commercial products can be abrasive to your skin. Sandalwood is a great remedy for sensitive skin as it can bolster your complexion and help your skin gain back its suppleness.
Sandalwood is not limited to perfume but as a skin care aid, it has a lot of benefits that you can enjoy. If you ever stumble upon some good serving of quality sandalwood, getting a share of it will surely up the value of your skin care regimen.