The beach is always a great place to go when you want to have a good time. It’s not surprising that some individuals would want to drive to the beach to spend some of their time lounging about by the sand. However, with the days getting colder, finding the appropriate time and day to visit the beach can be quite difficult.
Difficult but not impossible to achieve. There are some things to consider when you want to spend your holidays along the shoreline. There are some tips to consider when you want to hang out by the beach for the holiday season:
– If you’re going to fly out of the country to get some much-needed warm sunshine by the beach, try to avoid stressing your body out. You should try to sort out all your waxing and cleansing before traveling. Make extra effort in your skin care regimen before you travel. Your skin is one of the easiest to be damage due to change in environment.
– Bring enough clothes. You can’t be too sure what happens during the trip. Bring at least two sets of clothes. It would be ideal to have a set of warm clothes and another set for the beach. You’ll want to have something to wear when you wade through the waters.
– Try to bring a travel version of your skin care regimen. If you want to look your best wherever you go, it’s always a good practice to bring a travel friendly version of your skin care kit.
– Try not to overpack. Bring the essentials such as towels, food and a good time. Bringing too much baggage is going to get in the way of your fun. You’ll want to enjoy the holidays as best as possible so bringing fewer things is going to make the trip and the time spent much easier.
Sunbathing is the most known way to get a tan. With how easy and cost-efficient it was, it’s not surprising to find that a lot of individuals make use of this tanning method. While it is easy to get a tan under the sun, you’re also putting your hair under a lot of stress. Sunbathing can deal a lot of damage to your hair. If you’re not careful, you’d end up with brittle and dry hair that could ruin a good look with your hard-earned time on tanning.
One of the biggest factor why you need to put some after-care on your hair is how dry it is. With the presence of the sun, it’s constantly burning through each strand of hair which is damaging it as the seconds tick by while you bask under the sun.
Additionally, your hair doesn’t work well with UV radiation. Much like your skin, too much of it can deal a lot of damage to your hair which can cause dead hair as well as a cause more hair fall. To be able to sort this issue out, here are some ways you can help care for your hair after the long hours of sunbathing:
Avoid taking a hot shower. Not only does it cause damage to your very sensitive skin, it will also cause your hair more harm. Try to get a cool shower, not too cold as the chill can dry your skin up. You’ll need to gradually cool your body down.
Make good use of conditioners or items that are dedicated to helping your hair get a treatment after a long arduous time under the sun. If you’d like to avoid damaging your hair while you sunbathe, you can lather it in conditioner and wrap a cold towel around it to lessen the damage the sun can cause.
Exfoliating one’s skin is very important. Our body does its share of naturally shedding the outermost layer of dead skin cells. However, the process slows down as we grow in age. Another case where you may want to exfoliate your skin to get rid of one’s tan or to sort out uneven skin. No matter what the reason is, exfoliating one’s skin is part of a well-rounded skin care regimen.
In order to get a great exfoliating experience, once has to make use of the right tools for the job. Normally, we’d have cleansers and other synthetic buffers to help us out on getting rid of the layer of dead skin cells. However, these materials can cause some harm to our body or to the environment. Thus, a good alternative would be to rely on more natural options of exfoliating.
Thankfully, there are the Thermalabs natural exfoliating gloves which are crafted with these materials:
Loofah is a very common choice to being a natural exfoliator. It is harvested and eaten as a young vegetable while the ripe ones are made for body scrubbing. Exfoliating gloves made out from loofah are ideal to scrubbing one’s tan away as well as sorting out dry skin. An important tip to note is to dry the loofah in a ventilated area to avoid bacteria from festering on it.
Bamboo is also a very good material for an exfoliating glove. It is soft, high-absorbent but very resilient thus can be made into a glove. Normally, you’d consider the bamboo fibers to be too abrasive to one’s skin which isn’t true. In fact, bamboo provides more value in moisture absorption than cotton.
Sisal is an uncommon name but it is one of the best materials to use for a natural exfoliating glove. Its an agave plant that originated in Mexico but has since garnered fame due to how durable and elastic it can be. This material is more coarse than the previous two but provides a thorough cleansing without harming the skin.
Getting a tan is one thing but trying to remove it is another. Regardless of how one gets their tan, trying to take it off is a hurdle not many would like to consider. Normally, you’d want to wait until your skin has naturally shed off the tanned layer. However, if you would like to speed things up, there are some ways to remove your tan.
One of the most known methods is using bleachers, whitening lotions or oral medication to easily lighten one’s skin. There’s a lot of downsides to this method; skin irritation, allergies or even more harm due to what you’re trying to ingest into your body. Not to worry, there are some natural ways to get your tan out of the way and you’ll be surprised to know they’re easily found in the kitchen.
- Milk and turmeric. Mix some turmeric with a cup of milk until it forms a pasty texture. Apply gently to skin and let it dry. Rinse with cold water. Milk has been known to help lighten one’s skin while turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which make it great in sorting out acne and scarring.
- Oatmeal and buttermilk. As was mentioned, milk is a great whitening agent. Mix both ingredients and gently rub in a circular motion to your skin. Let it sit for a while before rinsing with cool water. Buttermilk has high astringent properties while also being acidic; it helps tighten pores and lightens the presence of freckles. This mixture is also ideal for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Lemon juice, rosewater and cucumber. Mix all the ingredients and lightly dab to your tanned skin with a cotton ball. Let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Lemon juice can be harsh on your skin but it effectively erases tanned skin while also sorting out scars. Due to its high acidic nature, it can be inconvenient by itself. However, with the presence of rosewater and cucumber, the acidity of the le
If you’re trying to keep your skin at top condition, this means putting extra care in the maintenance. A good way to ensure your skin is always at its best is to ensure that it is moisturized and your body is constantly hydrated. In fact, a good skin regimen ensures that your skin should be properly hydrated at certain times of the day. If you’re not keen on what to do, here are some ways to improve the overall appeal of your skin by raising the chances of retaining skin moisture.
Firstly, you’ll want to secure a good moisturizer for your day to day use. This moisturizer should match your skin type. Prior to starting any skin care regimen or trying something out, it’s important to know what you need for your skin. If you’re someone with sensitive skin, your choices on skin care product may be smaller but it’s always a good habit to learn which brands are safe for your skin. Avoid brands that have a lot of alcohol in them as this chemical easily dries your skin up. Additionally, making use of a lotion is going to help your body out. With the days getting colder and colder, it helps keep the hydration in place while the environment’s temperature dries your skin out.
It’s also important to consistently drink lots of water. Water is important no matter what season you are in. During the colder months, it’s important to drink water to keep your body from drying out due to the chill. Drinking water also helps your body function better despite nature’s harsh grasp.
Contrary to what you think, exfoliating your skin actually helps lock in moisture. Exfoliation, or to some cleansing, paves way to more youthful skin by scrubbing off the layer of dead skin cells. Younger skin can easily absorb nutrients while also have a more elastic layer. It’s important to remember that you should only exfoliate up to twice a week.