Trying to get a tan is one of the goals when it comes to sunbathing. While we laze around for hours on end, there’s one thing we don’t want to get when we do our share of sunbathing. Sunburn is a common occurrence when one is not careful of their skin during sunbathing.
Sunburn happens when there’s no barrier to protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays. In fact, there are a lot of factors why one can still get sunburn despite trying to protect their skin. Here are some common scenarios why getting sunburnt during your sunbathing session is highly possible:
– The sunscreen your using may be too little and has a low SPF value. SPF means skin protecting factor which is the number of times the sunscreen can block the sun’s harmful rays from seeping to your skin. If you use barely enough sunscreen to cover your body, you’re bound to get a nasty burn as you bask under the sun. Another factor would be when you put on the sunscreen. It is optimal to dry the sunscreen on your skin before you go out. Your skin needs to absorb the concoction before it works.
– What time are you tanning? If you’re tanning during the midday to make the most out of the sun’s strongest rays, that’s surely a spell for disaster. From 11 in the morning to around 2 in the afternoon, the sun emits the deadliest rays. Not only is it sweltering hot but it is also very hazardous to your body. Your sunscreen may not be enough to block off the UV rays present during this time and can lead to very nasty burns after your sunbathing session. It’s best to tan lightly during these hours or try to set a strict time on how long you’re going to lie under this heat.
Tanning has becomes quite a very appreciating appeal to get on one’s appearance. While not foe everyone, tanned skin can easily hide any flaws while also providing you with an even skin tone. One of the most common ways that an individual can get their tanned skin is through sunbathing. This is the method of lying under the sun for hours on end to get the bronze hue. Normally, tanned skin is a side effect from being out in the beach or being an outside kind of a person.
Unfortunately, being out too often or soaking a lot of the sun’s UV rays is not good for your skin. In fact, skin cancer has rose to be the fourth most common cancer found worldwide. The UV rays caused a lot of damage to your cells and also provoke cancer. If you’re not consistently outside, you’re still at harm if you’re no careful.
Consistent tanning can lead to sunburns and premature aging of your skin. Sunburn are patches of skin that are heavily damaged to exposure to the sun. If you do not lather enough sunscreen or stay out too long during your sunbathing, sunburn can be a very painful experience.
Sun spots are also another effect of tanning. While most individuals call these age spots as they show up as we grow old, age spots are patches of skin getting discoloured by the sun. Tanning can inhibit the chances of getting more sun spots on your skin. These dark spots are hard to remove thus it’s a good idea to watch out on the hours of when you do sunbathing.
Lastly, too much sun can provoke a lot of skin ailments. If you have a bad case of acne, sunbathing isn’t going to solve that for you. Too much sun can cause the acne to enflame and worse, spread out. This is a common issue to various individuals during the summer where the sun shines its brightest.
Trying to look your best always comes with a certain hurdle. To some, it can be how to deal with the ever changing seasons or their lifestyle while others can boil it down to their skin type. There are numerous skin care products for various skin types. One of the most troublesome skin types is oily skin. You’re not sure if you’ve moisturized your skin enough or not. This is a common experience as most people think that oily skin is already moisturized as it is.
In order to sort this out, one good way would be to make use of a toner. Toners help in cleansing ones skin while also minimizing the size of one’s pores. Big pores can lead to higher chances of acne and blackheads so toners help sort out that matter. To avoid doing your skin a disservice, here are some homemade toners for oily skin:
– Cucumber Toner: Cucumber is cool to the skin while also providing a deep cleansing to your pores. Mix some cucumber with water as an astringent and apply to your skin as needed. Use as a spray to freshen up your face.
– Aloe Vera Toner: Aloe Vera is the topmost option for moisturizing. Not only is this an organic moisturizer but aloe vera also soothes burned skin be it wind burns or sunburns. Thus this kind of toner is ideal for the windy days or during summer.
– Green Tea Toner: If you’re a fan of having green tea, that’s great. Not only do you provide your body with an extra dose of antioxidants, you’re also putting more hydration in. As a toner, it helps in maintaining healthy skin. It locks in moisture while also keeping wrinkles away.
– Ice cold water Toner: Surprisingly, ice cold water can do a lot of wonders to one’s skin. Not only does it minimize the size of pores, it can also sort out any inflammations on one’s skin.
There are a lot of ways to take good care of one’s skin. Ranging from numerous skin care products to what you should do take better care of your skin. With how advanced our world is, it’s not surprising that we have a list of items that can aid us in taking better care of ourselves. While there are numerous things we can do to bolster up our looks, there are some things we can still do to avoid harming our skin in the long run.
If you would like to avoid doing harm to your skin, here are some tips that are worth remembering:
– Avoid being out in the sun too long. The sun’s UV rays are harmful in extended periods of time. It’s advisable to stay in the shade, as well as putting on some sunscreen to ensure you don’t damage your skin while you’re outside.
– Don’t sweat the small stuff. Stress plays a very big role on your body. Too much stress can cause a lot of problems which are quickly manifested on your skin. Too much stress can cause dry skin, a dull pallor and even an unhealthy look. If you especially skimp on your sleep, that’s going to bring you more chances of skin ailments or trigger any allergies in a stronger manner.
– Watch what you eat. Indulging too much on the sweets can promote the occurrence of pimples and other skin ailments. If you happen to eat less meat, you’re depriving your skin of amino acids which is vital in giving your skin a healthy glow. Make great use of a balanced diet can help aid your body, especially your skin to look at its best. Try to deviate from all the processed goods to keep your skin in top condition.