Summer is the season you want to showcase your body thus it’s not a surprise that you would want to keep it in tip-top condition. One of the things to consider is what you take in your body to keep it in a good condition. Skipping a meal is not advisable since it will make you weak and can cause a lot of harm. Having a good diet would definitely keep you fit so you can add some of these food to your meals to keep your body fit for the hot season:
– Watermelon. While it is a treat, this fruit is ideal for the summer season. It can give your body a lot of water as it is 80% water and also replenish the sugars if you’re on a low-sugar diet. Watermelons help in keeping your skin from being damaged from the sun while you’re out.
– A handful of blueberries can help give your body the need anti-oxidants while also preventing muscle fatigue. This is great if you consistently work out to keep your body in a great condition. It can be good snack alternatives from the usual high-calorie snacks that are a common treat to us.
– Grilled veggies can be a great addition to your barbecue. Not only do they make your food plate look much healthier, they also provide your body the good carbohydrates to make it work around. Normally, you’d think twice about grilling vegetables but infusing flavors without overdoing them can be done through grilling. In fact, grilling is a much preferred method compared to frying since food can easily soak up a lot of oil.
– Corn on the cob is a common treat when you go out by the beach. It can also help you stay fit. While yellow corn does have a high glycemic index, you can make still enjoy 2 grams of fiber which can sort out your diet.
We’ve heard how come skin cancer has become quite common. It’s quite alarming to consider that every hour, an American dies to skin cancer. This makes sunbathing quite scary and so other people opt to get their summer glow from indoor tanning. Indoor tanning is a common approach to get a tan because of how convenient it can be.
Tanning beds or sunbeds are the common methods to getting an indoor tan. Unlike sunbathing, sunbeds can help provide you the bronze tone in far less time than sunbathing can. This is due to the concentrated approach to providing UV rays to your body.
With that information in mind, it can be disconcerting to think of how dangerous sunbeds can be. Unfortunately, sunbeds or tanning beds aren’t more innocent than sunbathing. This is contrary to the belief that most people say. In fact, indoor tanning is more potent than sunbathing due to the close proximity of the rays that they give off. Additionally, since the machine has a concentrated amount of UV radiation. Unlike sunbathing, clouds to soften the rays before it reaches our skin.
Not only that, our eyes are also assaulted to how dangerous indoor tanning can be. We’re told to wear a specific kind of eyewear to protect our eyes from the UV radiation we go through. Even though it’s only for a short time, indoor tanning does a lot of damage in such a short time.
Thus, if you’re planning to lessen the harm you get from tanning. Indoor tanning doesn’t help ease out the harm compared to sunbathing. If you would like to try out a much healthier approach to tanning, self tanning would be the more ideal approach since it doesn’t harm your skin in any manner. Although, it would be a good idea to test out the self tanner ahead before putting it on your entire skin unless you get an allergic reactions.
Beauty products can be all the rage to enjoying a good pampering for your skin. While there’s a lot of items that one can enjoy on the market, it’s important to be vigilant on the items you put on your skin. Individuals with very sensitive skin can have quite a hard time to various chemicals. At times, the chemicals incorporated in various skin care products can turn out to be quite harmful for your skin. Here are some of them that you’d want to avoid:
– Coal tar. This ingredient is commonly found in various cosmetics. This is a carcinogen that is banned in Europe. That fact alone should be quite alarming since it’s banned in one continent. To be quite specific, this product raises the chances of getting cancer from consistent use.
– Formaldehyde. This ingredient can be found in some shampoos, makeup and even hair dyes. Formaldehyde or chemicals that release it can cause allergies, liver problems and even immune system toxicity. If you have sensitive skin, even a small dose of formaldehyde can cause rashes, blistering and other known allergic reactions.
– Mineral oil. You’d be surprised to know that this ingredient can be found in a lot of moisturizers. Moisturizers are supposed to cater to your skin’s well-being but if you purchase a moisturizer with this ingredient, it can cause a lot of issues. Mineral oil is an ingredient of petroleum and can leave your skin feeling like a plastic wrap. It can aggravate acne and even speed up aging.
– Paraben. This ingredient is found on a lot of skin care products that you might single out only a few without it. Paraben has been linked to the cancer and can cause a lot of hormonal damage that can be a big factor to women.
Deliberate tanning, or to some this is called pre-tanning, is getting a tan before sunbathing. This is usually done by those who have a pale skin tone since you don’t want to bake yourself alive when trying to sunbathe.
Normally, pre-tanning is done through indoor tanning. Tanning beds have a controlled amount of radiation and can be done in a few minutes. While tanning beforehand can be really good for those with pale skin, it’s actually not a good practice. Indoor tanning cooks the outermost layer of skin cells. Damaged skin cells cannot protect you from the sun’s harm since they’ve already been damaged by indoor tanning. In order to avoid burning yourself under the sun, you’ll want to lather a good amount of sunscreen on. Sunscreen is your initial defense against the sun’s harmful rays.
Tanning your skin via indoor tanning already damaged your skin thus exposing it to more UV radiation can lead to even more harm. It would be a good idea to avoid deliberate tanning. While the concept of tanning your skin immediately, especially if you have fair skin, can be daunting. Try to give yourself some breaks and cool off when you have the time to avoid taxing your body under all the heat.
The best thing to do gradually let yourself get your tan through sunbathing. A good practice would be to set your time on when you should tan in the middle of the day. Another concern would be how long you’re going to tan. It’s best to let yourself do some sunbathing a good two or three hours. If you want to get your tan faster, you can make use of tanning oils. Tanning oils can help expedite the chances of getting your tan. With the aid of tanning oils, you can also lessen the time you are under the sun thus lessening the harm that it can do to you.