Sunscreen is a very important item to keep at hand. While our skin is the initial defense against the sun, it’s also easily damaged from too much sun damage. If you let your skin unprotected, you can get a very bad experience with a nasty sunburn. While that may be the immediate result of being unable to provide some protection on your skin, there are also some very dangerous effects. Skin cancer has become quite a common diagnosis to those who are addicted to sunbathing. If that’s not enough to deter you, you can also experience premature aging and uneven skin tone.
To prevent this from happening, you’ll want to put on some sunscreen. Sunscreen is important to protect your skin to avoid harm from getting the diagnosis. However, using a sunscreen is also important to how you can protect your skin. Using a sunscreen that is dedicated for your body won’t work for your face. The skin on your face is more sensitive than the overall skin of your body thus you can’t really provide optimal care to your face if you skim on the appropriate sunscreen for your face.
A good sunscreen for your face would be a physical face sunscreen. This sunscreen does not contain zinc and can be hard to find. This type of sunscreen bounces back the sun’s light thus avoiding any chance of the UV rays from being absorbed into your skin. It’s a little hard to find this type of sunscreen, what more to work around with makeup.
There are some on the market that you can try out. Before purchasing, you’ll want to try some out if they have a physical store or check the reviews to get the optimal use of your purchase. Make sure to do a skin test to avoid the instance of getting an allergy reaction with using the sunscreen.
Having a dewy face is one of the common ways to look fresh and beautiful. Achieving dewy skin can sound very difficult but it’s not that hard to get it. If you would like to have better looking skin, the best way to do it would be to incorporate better skin care regimens that can help your skin out. If you want to add some spice to how you look, getting a dewy face helps you out. Makeup is one way to get this look but you can’t always rely on makeup to keep looking fresh. Thus, here are some tips to getting the dewy appeal without relying on cosmetics:
– Drink plenty of water. Normally, we’d have our share of eight glasses of water or even less. Water plays a very important role in keeping your body well-hydrated which would also reflect on how supple your skin is. Having a well-hydrated body can give a nice skin complexion which is an excellent palette to work around with in getting a dewy face.
– Sleep is a very important task in keeping great skin. If you skip on the right amount of Z’s which is at least 8 hours a day, you’re going to end up having a bad set of eyebags as well as unsavory looking skin. A bad sleeping habit is also going to spell a lot of harm to your body, so you want to avoid punishing your body day by day. Set an alarm when you need to sleep to make it a habit of getting eight hours’ worth of rest.
– Use coconut oil as a buffer and a highlighter. Oils are great to provide that dewy look, even more so when they are natural. Using coconut oil can help provide your skin with moisture as well as provide an instant glow to your skin
We’ve been constantly told that sunscreen is a very important item. With our days getting hotter and hotter, it’s not a surprise that sunscreen is being shoved into our hands if we ever had a thought of going out. Sunscreen is our initial barrier to the sun’s harmful rays. If it’s sunny and cloudless outside, it’s a great idea to put on some sunscreen. However, sunny or not, it’s an important habit to put on sunscreen. Despite how overcast today may be, your skin still needs the protection that sunscreen provides.
The clouds don not block out the sun’s harmful UV rays when we’re frolicking outside thus sunscreen is vital to our day to day activities. Tanned skin may be an appealing effect from putting on sunscreen; however, sunburn is a very bad case of skin damage. No one wants to slave through days of sunburn especially when they spend a lot of hours outdoors.
Use a sunscreen that has a wide spectrum to protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. You’ll want a decent amount of SPF to really reflect the sun’s damaging rays off your skin. An important tip to consider when using sunscreen; re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours. Much like any topical application, your sweat can easily wash off your sunscreen while you stake off under the sun. Re-application helps protect your skin for longer periods of time. However, make sure to let the sunscreen totally dry on your skin, which should take around thirty minutes.
While putting on sunscreen is a great habit to avoid further skin damage, make the most out of shade as well. The shade is a nice place to hang out during hot days and it is also very helpful to cool your skin from time to time. While ending up red as a tomato may sound amusing, you don’t want to expend your sunscreen and your body too much.
Being in control of one’s life can be taxing. As we get into the hard cycle of life, we tend to forget of our wellbeing. Unfortunately, this will bite us back, thus giving us an unhealthy state of ourselves that we can never be proud of. With so much fast food and transportation to make use of, we tend to fall into a bad string of unhealthy habits. To get back to the better flow of our lives, working out is a good way to start. Most of us would say that working out is going to cost us a lot of time and effort. It’s especially hard to insert exercise in a busy schedule.
These are just some of the excuses that a lot of us have heard through the years. We can’t help but whine whenever we must consider sweating out each day. While it’s not really a requirement, working out can work wonders for our body. If you are an individual who has a sedimentary office life, chances are you’re going to be bound to a chair for at least 80% of your day. You’re putting yourself at risk to a lot of ailments due to inactivity. If that’s not one to consider, you may also be putting in too much junk food.
Working out can help invigorate your blood which can help you sweat out the toxins from your body. If you’re trying to lose weight, working out is a good way to do so. Dieting may be 80% of your weight loss story but exercise will help keep you fit and aid your body in burning off the calories when you aren’t working out. You can also help your body fend off diseases and pathogens better since your body is at its tip top condition.
One of the most annoying experiences we encounter with our skin is uneven skin tone. This can be due to a lot of factors. It could be due to skin trauma from wounds and lesions. It can also be due to being out in the sun and causing an uneven tone on some parts. Skin care product chemicals can also inhibit dark spots. Normally, we’d make use of makeup to even out our skin tone. While this is a sure way to sort out this concern, it can be taxing to apply makeup each day. Additionally, it can be easily removed or tampered if you’re not careful. No one wants to consistently retouch their makeup in the middle of the day or an important event.
A good way to get an even tone is to tan. Tanning is the go-to approach to get an overall tone. While sunbathing and indoor tanning are the most preferred methods to getting a tan, self tanning is a much healthier approach. Although self tanning can be tricky to work with, it’s a good way to help you give an overall perfect tan. Since this method doesn’t make use of any harsh UV rays, you don’t suffer through a sunburn or premature wrinkling.
It is a tricky approach but if you’re familiar with applying makeup, this won’t be too hard. Another perk of using self tanners is you can contour your tan. If coverage is all you’re after, self tanning can deliver that with ease. However, you can step up the game by shaping your body through a self tanner. Contouring with a self tanner works just like a bronzer however, it’s much easier to contour if you apply your self tanner with an airbrush. It’s also more cost-effective to implore the use of an airbrush and an air compressor for self tanning.
Body scrubs can be quite an odd concept to work around with. While we are young, our skin pushes out the layer of impurities from our body. However, as we grow older, our skin can no longer accommodate that. We should be more keen to exfoliate our skin once we hit our late 20’s or early 30’s. Normally, we make use of market ready body scrubs to aid us but there are some natural body scrubs that can work wonders. In fact, it’s more ideal to make use of natural body scrubs since this can help us remove the impurities on our body while also keeping it in tip top condition.
Here are some natural body scrubs you can use:
– Brown sugar is a great scrub. While sugar crystals may sound like a very abrasive item to put on your skin, it’s actually a good exfoliating agent. You can mix some honey or milk to soften it a bit then rub against your skin. This will keep your skin smooth.
– Oatmeal is also a great choice to scrubbing off the impurities on your skin. You can enjoy soft skin after using oatmeal as a means to remove dirt. Oatmeal is great for individuals with sensitive skin as it is not harsh and also leaves the skin moisturized.
– Loofa is a natural body scrub. Its not normally sold in stores but its actually a dried fruit. Its a good practice to let it dry outside of the bathroom to prevent bacteria and fungi from growing on it.
These are the most common choices of natural body scrubs. Adding honey into the mix can make your exfoliating session antibacterial and can help ease any inflamed skin. Its also good practice to conduct each body scrubbing at most twice a week and to provide good intervals in between each scrubbing.
Your choice of food reflects on your body. Eating junk food can cause a lot of harm to your body especially your skin thus you’d want to get the good stuff in you. One of the best foods to incorporate into your body is fruits. This is a great alternative to the simple sugars that have become a constant item in our day to day lives. If you want to bolster your skin, here are some fruits you can add to your diet:
While commonly perceived as an ambrosia fruit, Pomegranates provide antioxidants to prevent free radicals from damaging your skin. You can also enjoy a great amount of vitamin E to help keep your skin cells healthy.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. It can also provide collagen that can help in slowing the aging process of your skin.
Lemons may be a common sight for summer due to lemonade but if you want a lighter complexion, consistently getting lemon into your system can give you that result.
Avocado is a healthy fat that most ketogenic diets approve. This fruit can provide your body with Biotin which is essential to cell regeneration.
Bananas are commonly incorporated into our desserts but by themselves they are a great source of vitamins such as vitamin E. Vitamin E is a very important vitamin that can help keep your skin glowing and looking great.
Kiwi is a great refresher. Not only can your immune system benefit from consuming Kiwi, you can also keep your skin looking young and fresh due to the high ascorbic acid content of this fruit.
The Papain in Papayas can speed up cell regeneration which is vital in keeping your skin looking young and healthy. It’s also a great fruit that contains a good amount of antioxidants.
Summer is the season you want to showcase your body thus it’s not a surprise that you would want to keep it in tip-top condition. One of the things to consider is what you take in your body to keep it in a good condition. Skipping a meal is not advisable since it will make you weak and can cause a lot of harm. Having a good diet would definitely keep you fit so you can add some of these food to your meals to keep your body fit for the hot season:
– Watermelon. While it is a treat, this fruit is ideal for the summer season. It can give your body a lot of water as it is 80% water and also replenish the sugars if you’re on a low-sugar diet. Watermelons help in keeping your skin from being damaged from the sun while you’re out.
– A handful of blueberries can help give your body the need anti-oxidants while also preventing muscle fatigue. This is great if you consistently work out to keep your body in a great condition. It can be good snack alternatives from the usual high-calorie snacks that are a common treat to us.
– Grilled veggies can be a great addition to your barbecue. Not only do they make your food plate look much healthier, they also provide your body the good carbohydrates to make it work around. Normally, you’d think twice about grilling vegetables but infusing flavors without overdoing them can be done through grilling. In fact, grilling is a much preferred method compared to frying since food can easily soak up a lot of oil.
– Corn on the cob is a common treat when you go out by the beach. It can also help you stay fit. While yellow corn does have a high glycemic index, you can make still enjoy 2 grams of fiber which can sort out your diet.
We’ve heard how come skin cancer has become quite common. It’s quite alarming to consider that every hour, an American dies to skin cancer. This makes sunbathing quite scary and so other people opt to get their summer glow from indoor tanning. Indoor tanning is a common approach to get a tan because of how convenient it can be.
Tanning beds or sunbeds are the common methods to getting an indoor tan. Unlike sunbathing, sunbeds can help provide you the bronze tone in far less time than sunbathing can. This is due to the concentrated approach to providing UV rays to your body.
With that information in mind, it can be disconcerting to think of how dangerous sunbeds can be. Unfortunately, sunbeds or tanning beds aren’t more innocent than sunbathing. This is contrary to the belief that most people say. In fact, indoor tanning is more potent than sunbathing due to the close proximity of the rays that they give off. Additionally, since the machine has a concentrated amount of UV radiation. Unlike sunbathing, clouds to soften the rays before it reaches our skin.
Not only that, our eyes are also assaulted to how dangerous indoor tanning can be. We’re told to wear a specific kind of eyewear to protect our eyes from the UV radiation we go through. Even though it’s only for a short time, indoor tanning does a lot of damage in such a short time.
Thus, if you’re planning to lessen the harm you get from tanning. Indoor tanning doesn’t help ease out the harm compared to sunbathing. If you would like to try out a much healthier approach to tanning, self tanning would be the more ideal approach since it doesn’t harm your skin in any manner. Although, it would be a good idea to test out the self tanner ahead before putting it on your entire skin unless you get an allergic reactions.
Beauty products can be all the rage to enjoying a good pampering for your skin. While there’s a lot of items that one can enjoy on the market, it’s important to be vigilant on the items you put on your skin. Individuals with very sensitive skin can have quite a hard time to various chemicals. At times, the chemicals incorporated in various skin care products can turn out to be quite harmful for your skin. Here are some of them that you’d want to avoid:
– Coal tar. This ingredient is commonly found in various cosmetics. This is a carcinogen that is banned in Europe. That fact alone should be quite alarming since it’s banned in one continent. To be quite specific, this product raises the chances of getting cancer from consistent use.
– Formaldehyde. This ingredient can be found in some shampoos, makeup and even hair dyes. Formaldehyde or chemicals that release it can cause allergies, liver problems and even immune system toxicity. If you have sensitive skin, even a small dose of formaldehyde can cause rashes, blistering and other known allergic reactions.
– Mineral oil. You’d be surprised to know that this ingredient can be found in a lot of moisturizers. Moisturizers are supposed to cater to your skin’s well-being but if you purchase a moisturizer with this ingredient, it can cause a lot of issues. Mineral oil is an ingredient of petroleum and can leave your skin feeling like a plastic wrap. It can aggravate acne and even speed up aging.
– Paraben. This ingredient is found on a lot of skin care products that you might single out only a few without it. Paraben has been linked to the cancer and can cause a lot of hormonal damage that can be a big factor to women.