Looking your best can be difficult you’re unsure of how you want to go about it. While the best and easiest choice to uplift your looks can be make up, you’ll be surprised how getting a tan can boost your look. It’s been said that tanned individuals have a very sultry appeal which is why many individuals have gone through the venture of tanning. While tanning can be a big undertaking, it can also be done in the wrong manner.
Thus, to improve your experience with tanning, you can opt on using self tanners. Self tanners are your topical tan which don’t rely on the sun to tan. Despite being the healthier option to tanning, self tanners are tricky especially if you aren’t careful. Rest assured, here are some tips to consider to enhance how you look using self tanners:
- Before anything, make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to using a self tanner. You wouldn’t want to have streaks after your self tanning session or have light spots due to patches of skin that peeled off.
- You can contour your look using self tanners. Much like how you contour using make up, self tanners can be used in such a manner. It’s also best if you make use of an airbrush for this move since it controls the amount of self tanner that you apply on your skin as well as the intensity of the tan that you’re painting. Contouring takes practice especially if you’re not sure which areas should be tanned or highlighted.
- Start from light to dark; if you’re a fair person, don’t immediately slap some of the tanner on your skin. You’ll want to gradually put the tan onto your skin to make sure that you’re not overdoing it.
With self tanners being available on the market, nothing can stop you from looking your best with a tan.
With how difficult our environment can be as the day continues, it can be stressful on our body. One of the most visual effects is how our skin soaks up all the stress and impurities that we expose ourselves to each day. One of the effects of stress is the early aging of our skin. This ranges from wrinkles to saggy cheeks. It’s been said that our skin starts to sag when we reach thirty but it can be earlier if we’re really neck deep in stress.
One good way of keeping our skin supple each day is to minimize the stress we get into. While we can’t always control how things go, we can still manage how much they impact our system.
On another note, if you’re keen on some beauty tips as stress is not the only cause, here are some tips you’ll want to consider to make sure your skin is younger looking day by day:
- Make sure to use a moisturizer. Having a good amount of hydration keeps your skin supple by avoiding a dry and cracked state. If you’re not sure on what moisturizer to use, one with lactic acid can be quite the blessing.
- Avoid using harsh cleansers as they irritate the skin. Cleansers can range from a variety of strength thus it’s best to make use of softer cleanser since they contain fewer chemicals that can cause irritation.
- Try to minimize the time you soak in a hot bath. Hot baths tend to dry your skin a lot which causes it to become dry or sag due to the lack of hydration.
- Antioxidants are your best friend. Not only do they help out in fighting a lot of diseases, they also help your skin retain its supple look. Munch on some strawberries and kiwis and you’re sure to enjoy a youthful looking glow.
Tanning is a great way to make yourself look your best. While there are a lot of methods to tan, sunbathing is still the most common and cost-effective form of tanning. While many individuals would just lather some sunscreen and lie about to bask much of the sun, your body is under a constant exposure to the sun. This means that you’re not only trying to darken your skin but your body is also being dried up by it.
On these occasions, you’ll want to bring some water to keep yourself hydrated. However, if you’re not in the mood for the usual serving of H2O and hoping for other juices to keep your body as hydrated while tanning under the sun, here are some juices to cater to your palette:
- Watermelon Juice. It’s been known since time immemorial that Watermelons contain 80% water. Not only that, they’re one of the best fruits to eat during the summer season. If you’re hoping for a sweet drink while sunbathing, Watermelon juice is a great companion to keep you hydrated while basking under the sun.
- Strawberry Juice. If you’re the type who wants a much tarty appeal or someone who’s ridiculously in love with strawberries, then you’re going to love the fact that strawberries also help in hydration. With a whopping 92% on the water content as a fruit, strawberries are not only for cakes but make one of the ideal drinks for your sunbathing sessions.
- Celery Juice. This might the oddest one in the bunch but celery is a vegetable you’re not so accustomed to eating. At 95% on the water content, drinking celery juice also gives you a lot of fiber and minerals. This means that you’re not only keeping your hydration levels high but giving your body a good serving of vitamins and minerals while getting your bronze shade.
To those who know the significance of skin moisturizing, they rigidly perform skin care regimens to maintain the moisture and suppleness of their skin. There are always available moisturizers in the market but did you know that there are also lots of kitchen staples that can be used to moisturize your skin naturally. Aside from its availability because they can only be found in the kitchen, they are free from side effects too. So if you are running out of your favorite moisturizing brand, try to opt natural moisturizers and you will surely love it. Here are some of the few natural moisturizers.
Honey has antimicrobial, antioxidant and humectant properties and it is loaded with lots of essential vitamins and minerals to help improve skin health that is why it is considered as one of the best natural moisturizer. It aids in locking moisture in your skin leaving it soft and smooth. Just spread honey on your face and body for ten minutes before taking a bath or shower. Do this daily to moisturize your skin.
Natural oils such as coconut oil and olive are one of the best alternatives to moisturize your skin. These oil from plants are kind of similar to the oil our skin produces. When you apply oil on your body, they can be easily recognized by the skin and it binds moisture while strengthening skin cell membranes. Apply generous amount of oil before retiring to bed then wash it in the morning. Then apply again after taking a bath or shower.
Aloe Vera is another good natural moisturizer because of its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that smoothens drying skin. It can be applied on the face to help ease inflammation of breakouts at the same time moisturize your face. It can also be applied on your hands and legs to alleviate tightening and cracking skin due to the cold weather. Apply the gel inside the aloe vera leaf into your skin and let it penetrate for few minutes then gently wash or take a shower.
Milk and other milk-based products like yogurt and cream contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that loosens the skin tightening due to skin dryness. Its lactic acid content helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and strengthens the skin’s capability to retain moisture. Just dip a clean cloth on the milk and apply on your skin. Let it sit for few minutes and gently wash it with lukewarm water.
Getting good looking skin is quite a feat to achieve. With so many things on our plate, it’s quite daunting to pamper one’s self. Not only that but with numerous products we’ve placed on our skin, it’s also a little difficult to choose which products would not go against our skin type. Fear not, there are some natural ways to help your skin keep its moisture without having to rely on the products found on your skin care aisle from the grocery store.
In fact, most of the items listed here can be found in your kitchen. If you’ve only made use of them for cooking, with the aid of this article you’ll surely see these items in a new light. And hey, they might just solve your skin care concern before you know it.
- Usually found in most skin care products, this nifty item is good for your skin due to its high value on lactic acid. This is a particularly good moisturizer since it helps rejuvenate your skin. A good way to apply this would be to dip your fabric in a bowl of buttermilk and let the cloth sit on your face for a while.
- Honey’s quite the talk no matter where you use it. It’s no surprise that even for a natural moisturizer you’d see its name here too. Pure honey has a lot of antioxidants plus being filled with nutrients that leave your skin nourished and glowing. You can apply some honey-water mixture to your face. Let it dry and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Olive oil. It’s been known that olive oil has a lot of positive effects. Not only is it one of the ideal oils used for cooking or sauces, it’s also great when it comes to taking care of your skin. Due to natural acids that olive oil contains, you can treat your skin to some cleansing while keeping it as moisturized as possible. You can add some olive oil, around two tablespoons would be good, to your usual bath or natural face scrub.
- -Avocados. Avocados have been known to have a good amount of fat, thankfully they’re the good kind. As tasty as they are to eat, they’re also a great natural moisturizer. If you have dry skin, the high-fat content as well as vitamin enriched avocados can soothe the dryness away. To best appreciate the avocado, you can chow down on the avocado meat while rubbing the inner layer of the avocado peel on your face. Let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before you rinse it off with some warm water.
It’s really no surprise that many people dread the Holidays coming in. With the climate growing colder, it’s quite a task to actually try to jog while snow is falling down on you. If you’re opting for the gym, that’s also another struggle as the roads and the overall mood for winter can be demotivating. It’s quite difficult to actually lose weight during the holidays especially during Christmas.
Now, you may deck yourself as much as you can in the gym but working out doesn’t mean you should eat more. That’s actually a wrong perception when it comes to working out. In fact, if you want to shape up, you’d better do a better grasp on what you eat.
To get a better weight loss experience for Christmas, here are some food you might want to chow on to help you lose those flabs:
– Green Tea. It’s been known that green tea has a lot of good things in it. It’s no surprise that it’ll come to the list. While it’s not really food, it’s one of the best accompaniments and can also keep you warm during the cold days.
– Pears. There’s a lot of fiber in one pear. While it may be an uncommon fruit to find on your dinner table during the wintry days, pears are a great choice for snacking especially if you want to avoid the junk food in the middle of the day.
– Eggs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you can’t go wrong by having eggs on the plate. Eggs are excellent source of protein and can also help you be full for the entire morning. Being full means opting out on unwanted snacking; so you will also save some money instead of splurging it on food.
Who does not like to have a longer lasting tan? Definitely every tanner would be very happy to prolong their tan than its usual fading time. Whatever method of tanning a tanning buff uses, their ultimate goal is to wear a sun-kissed color all year round. But we all know that this is not a permanent color, so an additional extension before the tan fades is a plus.
In the world of cosmetics where vast advancement and improvements are present, heaps of products are invented and improved to enhance the quality and durability of a product. And with this wide range of tanning products, it is sometimes confusing which product is a pro.
In this article, you will know more about Protectan, a top-rated sunscreen lotion by Thermalabs and some reasons why you should use this medium to protect and prolong your tan.
Protectan sunscreen lotion is a product of Thermalabs, one of the top-rated, most trusted and leading cosmetic brand in the United States. If you are looking for a high quality cosmetic product, look for the name first. Do not put your skin health on risk by trying various brands, instead, look for a brand that has credibility.
- Its ingredients and contents
Protectan is the best sunscreen because of its new innovative broad spectrum formula that protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. UVA are those that penetrate in your dermis and UVB causes sun burn and destroys the superficial layers of your skin which may lead to skin cancer. With Protectan, you are protected from both UVA and UVB rays. It is also paraben free and hypoallergenic which is safe to those with sensitive skin. It is enriched with Vitamin E for skin protection and Pro-Vitamin B5 for extended moisture and most of all it is dermatologically tested.
Who doesn’t want additional benefits from a certain product? Protectan is packed with plus factors and other advantageous features. It does not only serve as sunscreen but it has pro-vitamin B5 that gives extra moisture. So you do not need to bring another separate moisturizer because it has already a moisturizer. Protectan has also new improved super-seal cap to prevent your tube from spilling all over your bag because Thermalabs cares for you. Of course you are always bringing this in your bag together with your other belongings. Bumping the tube into your other belongings may cause the ordinary cap to open so Thermalabs improved its cap.
Time and time again, women have tried to find ways to help make them look at their best. This is why makeup was crafted. In our modern times, men and women have begun to find a comfort when they have makeup. With so many colors and approaches to beautifying yourself, it’s no surprise that the makeup industry is thriving as it is today.
While there are numerous brands to look into, many of the makeup in the market contain a lot of chemicals. Makeup with so much chemicals in them tend to cause a lot of allergic reactions, thus being quite cheap. Not only that but consistent usage of these kinds of makeup can cause a lot of skin ailments or health issues. We can’t really name all the effects but it’s quite surprising that a tool used to compliment yourself can lead to your own demise.
Thus, with the recent uproar on the chemicals that are incorporated to making your makeup, organic makeup has entered the scene. While it’s quite surprising to imagine makeup made from such ingredients, there really is a niche for organic makeup.
Organic makeup is ideal for any skin type. Since most allergic reactions are attributed to the high-chemical content in makeup, having organic ingredients rules out the harm it can be caused to your skin. Another important factor with organic makeup is that your nose is not put through any stress. With the usual makeup, artificial fragrance and scents can cause various reactions that could spell out for disaster. Since organic makeup has a weak scent, you won’t have to worry about the effects too much.
Lastly, organic makeup does not cause any environmental harm. Since they are organic you are not making use of chemicals to craft it. There’s no residue chemical that would be dumped somewhere- that thought alone makes organic makeup a good choice on your next shopping spree.
When it comes to keeping one’s self fit, it can be a challenge if you’re not looking out for what you eat. As they say, it’s twenty percent in the gym and eighty percent in the kitchen. One of the biggest hurdles is dinner, which is a time that most people like to let loose.
While treating yourself is never bad, having a really heavy dinner can be against you especially if you’re hoping to get a flatter belly. Most of the time, individuals let loose after work so they gain a lot of weight without realizing it. Not to worry, here are some tips that you might want to keep in mind for dinner time:
– Ricotta and other low-fat dairy help avoid in adding in a few more pounds.
– Try to minimize the consumption of red meat during dinner time. Your body has a harder time breaking red meat down and since dinner time is the meal before relaxing, the extra fat gets stored in your muscles without a second thought.
– Have a lot of fiber in your meal. Fiber is a key ingredient to getting your tummy as flat as it can be. Spinach is a good example of a high-fiber but low calorie vegetable that you can add to your meal.
– Put in some protein from white meat. It’s been known that fish and chicken had better amounts of protein from red meat. Not only that but since red meat is high in fat, white meat is a better option to chow on. Protein helps in the development of muscle mass thus aids in getting you a leaner frame.
– If you’re in the mood for some beef, you’ll want to get some grass-fed beef. This type of beef is rich in conjugated linoleic acid which can help lessen your body fat.
Why do we really need to do skin exfoliation? Is this essential? Yes, exfoliating is a vital way of taking care of our skin. It’s like a deeper cleaning on the skin because barely washing with soap is not enough to clean it. In fact, skin peeling is a natural body process but in depends on how old is the person before it takes its peeling cycle. According to studies, when you are at your 20s, it takes an average of 14-25 days before the skin cell turns over. When you’re on 30s, it takes 30 days and when you’re on age of 40s, it takes 40 days before the outer cover of the skin change. And as people age, it goes slower and slower. Thus we need to help our skin by exfoliating.
The main reason of exfoliating is to remove the old and dead skin cells on the epidermis. This dirt when not removed, stays on the skin and creates blemishes and stains. Imagine a skin with blemishes. It looks dull and rough. And it causes forming of acne because it blocks the skin pores.
The best way to clean this is through skin exfoliation. Exfoliant works as a scrub to remove deep-seated dirt. There are so many ways on how to exfoliate. You can go to a dermatologist or go to spa to do the exfoliating for you. You can also buy skin exfoliating formula and apply it yourself. Or you can look around your house and use natural ingredients from your kitchen to exfoliate naturally. Here are only some of the few kitchen staples that can help you exfoliate naturally.
One of the top kitchen ingredients that helps in natural skin exfoliation is honey. Honey helps in speeding up the natural exfoliation and it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits which helps fight skin infection.
Yogurt exfoliates, hydrates and soothes the skin through its content lactic acid. It can be used by any skin type and can be applied on face and all over the body. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes then rinse.
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, a content used in expensive derma treatments to clean and exfoliate skin. Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste and apply to you skin. Wait for at least 20 minutes before rinsing.
Sugar has glycolic acid that helps in boosting skin regeneration. Mix sugar with olive oil to make a paste and apply on your face and body.