When you’re going for some sunbathing, it’s important to bring food too. You don’t want to be lying under the sun with a protesting stomach. While having some barbecue by the beach can be a common option, there are some food that work best for your sunbathing needs.
For your next sunbathing agenda, you might want to pack these foods along:
- Watermelons are great in reinvigorating you when you’re taking a break from sunbathing. They don’t really help with your tan but you can get your hydration back in no time. It’s also a sweet treat, something we look forward to when we’re hoping to get some refreshing after being under the sun for a long amount of time.
- You can also pack some sweet potato snacks if you want to get the most out of your tanning. Sweet potato is high in carotenoids so your skin can easily get the tanned hue that you are looking for. You can also throw this in with some carrots and tomatoes in a salad so you can have a quick and light meal while also nourishing your blooming tan. Make sure to use some kale as this leafy green can help give you glowing skin.
- If you want a fruit salad that can help keep your skin from sunburn or being damaged too much by the sun, use fruits rich in vitamin C. These would be strawberries, oranges, kiwi and even blackberries. Vitamin C helps keep your resistance up while also bolstering your skin’s ability to block off harmful UV radiation. You still need to put sunscreen though!
- If you want to steer away from something sweet but opt for a snack that can soothe your skin and avoid sunburn, cucumbers and oatmeal can do the trick. It would be a good idea not to mix the two though.
Thanksgiving is coming faster and faster as the days trickle by. With the climate getting colder and
colder, it’s also imperative to take better care of one’s skin. One of the best ways to help you take
better care of your skin is being careful of what you eat. We all know that you are what you eat
thus it can be tricky to work around with if you are into eating junk food.
With thanksgiving, there’s going to be a lot to feast on; thus here are some food suggestions to
give your thanksgiving a much healthier touch:
– In most of our dishes, we use a fair amount of oil in cooking them. Using olive oil over
conventional oils can actually help make your average dishes better. One great thing about olive oil
is the fatty content that works great in keeping your skin supple and glowing. It has a good number
of antioxidants that can help fight off free radicals.
– Sweet potatoes with your pumpkin pie. We have our share of potatoes for thanksgiving but
why not swap the usual potatoes for some sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic
index so they don’t aid inflaming your skin care issues. Not only do they make a good change to
your usual servings, you can also benefit by expediting the production of new skin cells. While we
can’t avoid sweetening our food, avoid overdoing it as copious intake of sugar can cause a lot of
harm to one’s skin.
– If you have some leafy greens, throw in some spinach to add some color and nutrients into
the dish. Spinach has a lot of vitamins and antioxidants that can help protect your skin from further
harm. Your skin still needs to be protected from the sun even if it’s chilly outside.
Your choice of food reflects on your body. Eating junk food can cause a lot of harm to your body especially your skin thus you’d want to get the good stuff in you. One of the best foods to incorporate into your body is fruits. This is a great alternative to the simple sugars that have become a constant item in our day to day lives. If you want to bolster your skin, here are some fruits you can add to your diet:
While commonly perceived as an ambrosia fruit, Pomegranates provide antioxidants to prevent free radicals from damaging your skin. You can also enjoy a great amount of vitamin E to help keep your skin cells healthy.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. It can also provide collagen that can help in slowing the aging process of your skin.
Lemons may be a common sight for summer due to lemonade but if you want a lighter complexion, consistently getting lemon into your system can give you that result.
Avocado is a healthy fat that most ketogenic diets approve. This fruit can provide your body with Biotin which is essential to cell regeneration.
Bananas are commonly incorporated into our desserts but by themselves they are a great source of vitamins such as vitamin E. Vitamin E is a very important vitamin that can help keep your skin glowing and looking great.
Kiwi is a great refresher. Not only can your immune system benefit from consuming Kiwi, you can also keep your skin looking young and fresh due to the high ascorbic acid content of this fruit.
The Papain in Papayas can speed up cell regeneration which is vital in keeping your skin looking young and healthy. It’s also a great fruit that contains a good amount of antioxidants.
Summer is the season you want to showcase your body thus it’s not a surprise that you would want to keep it in tip-top condition. One of the things to consider is what you take in your body to keep it in a good condition. Skipping a meal is not advisable since it will make you weak and can cause a lot of harm. Having a good diet would definitely keep you fit so you can add some of these food to your meals to keep your body fit for the hot season:
– Watermelon. While it is a treat, this fruit is ideal for the summer season. It can give your body a lot of water as it is 80% water and also replenish the sugars if you’re on a low-sugar diet. Watermelons help in keeping your skin from being damaged from the sun while you’re out.
– A handful of blueberries can help give your body the need anti-oxidants while also preventing muscle fatigue. This is great if you consistently work out to keep your body in a great condition. It can be good snack alternatives from the usual high-calorie snacks that are a common treat to us.
– Grilled veggies can be a great addition to your barbecue. Not only do they make your food plate look much healthier, they also provide your body the good carbohydrates to make it work around. Normally, you’d think twice about grilling vegetables but infusing flavors without overdoing them can be done through grilling. In fact, grilling is a much preferred method compared to frying since food can easily soak up a lot of oil.
– Corn on the cob is a common treat when you go out by the beach. It can also help you stay fit. While yellow corn does have a high glycemic index, you can make still enjoy 2 grams of fiber which can sort out your diet.
Taking care of yourself should not be a second option rather it should always be your top priority. How you take care of yourself greatly reflects on your skin thus if you skimp on your pampering, your skin is going to show it. Summer is a very taxing season for our skin. Not only is it very humid or dry, the sun shines the brightest which means more harm to your skin if you loiter a lot outside.
Sunscreen and the shade are your greatest allies but there are also some fruits you can take in to help pamper your skin during this hot weather. You’ll still need to put on some sunscreen if you want to walk about. However, there’s a saying that you are what you eat thus having some food taking in during such warm days can help your body out. If you want to take better care of your skin, you’ll want some of these fruits incorporated into your meals for summer:
- Tomato may be commonly used as a vegetable, it’s actually a fruit. This fruit is cultivated a lot during summer so you’re in luck. Eating tomatoes can help promote collagen production due to their lycopene content.
- Citrus fruits are a common addition to drinks during summer. While their tangy taste can be quite refreshing, there’s more into it for your body than you’d think. The high amino acid content can aid in collagen and soothing inflammations on your skin. You’d avoid putting some lemon on a sunburn though, that’s going to hurt a lot.
- Watermelon is a common fruit to chomp on during summer, no matter which country you go. The 80 percent water doesn’t lie and it’s quite a treat if you want a simple snack to abate the heat. Watermelon also has lycopene which can aid in protecting your skin cells from sun damage. Now you get the idea why people bring watermelon to the beach!
Keeping one’s skin in their top condition is a struggle to achieve with how hectic our day to day lives can be. Normally, we’d rely on various skin care products to be able to achieve great skin. However, how our skin looks can also be due to what we eat. If we constantly put in junk food in our body, we put it at risk to a lot of maladies. A good way around this would be to take in some greens or fruit. We can start with some fruit to add to our day to day meals.
Thus said, here are some fruits to help keep your skin healthy:
– Avocados are great sources of natural fat. This kind of fat differs from the usual fat we have from meat since plant fat is more beneficial to our bodies. Consistently eating avocados can help keep our skin supple and glowing.
– Tomatoes are considered fruits, contrary to the popular belief. Each plump tomato provides a lot of vitamin C which can help keep your skin glowing. The high value of lycopene also promotes your skin’s defense against the sun. It’s no wonder tomatoes are usually grown during summer.
– Orange peels or any peels for that matter have their share of benefits for your skin. Usually we’d throw away all the peels before eating our share of fruiting. However, adding some zest or even eating candied peels can help our skin out. It’s been found that consuming peels can provide us better protection against melanoma, which is a very aggressive form of skin cancer.
– Kiwi may be small but it can give you 12% of the much-needed daily intake of vitamin C. Consuming a lot of kiwis will lessen the presence of wrinkles and dryness of your skin.
Water is a fundamental part of our existence. With our bodies comprising to 80% water, we need our share of it every day. We need water to get through the daily grind. With days getting warmer and warmer, water is a very important aspect that we must keep in hand when summer comes.
They said that you need to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. That concept is quite true as a dehydrated individual can’t accomplish a lot of things. Summer has a heat that can wear us down as the day goes on and water can sort that weariness out. If you aren’t familiar with the pros of drinking a good amount of water on a summer day, here are things that can make you consider to start doing so:
– Sweat cools our body down. When we work out, we tend to sweat a lot. This is our body’s mechanism to keep it cool. Excreting a lot of sweat means you’ll need to drink a lot of water. If you’re low on water on a hot day, this can lead to a lot of harm and even make you collapse from dehydration.
– On warmer days, it makes breathing quite difficult to achieve. This can be due to the heat the air has or how stuffy it can be. Drinking water can help abate the breathlessness. Water helps provide oxygen to your bloodstream, distributing them across your body thus giving you an ‘extra breath’ once you finish drinking a glass.
– As was said earlier the heat can easily wind you down, drinking lots of water can help keep you in tip-top condition. In fact, drinking a little over 8 glasses a day can help your skin stay supple under the summer heat. Though, that shouldn’t be enough to count as protection against the sun’s rays.
Sleep has been said to be a very beneficial task to our body. It’s not surprising since our body needs the time to recuperate. From keeping a healthy heart to making sure we don’t tire out through the day, sleep is very important. During our early childhood, we always saw sleep as a bane and try to avoid it. From adolescence to early adult years, we lived on the phrase “Sleep is for the week.” Unfortunately, skipping on the much needed Z’s can do a lot of damage to our body. In fact, our skin is one of the most obvious physical change when we lack a lot of sleep.
When you lack sleep, there’s an increase of inflammatory cells in your body. More of these cells can cause to break down on collagen and lessen the amount of hyaluronic acid. This acid helps give your skin the glow while collagen keeps the suppleness of your skin.
If you’re trying to slow down the aging process, get enough z’s. We’ve been told that when we lack sleep we look tired and older. It’s quite true since skipping on sleep can help speed up the aging process. We get darker rings around our eyes and even get more wrinkles if we constantly lack sleep. We also get a pale pallor and experience drier skin if we keep on skipping a good night’s sleep.
For those with skin ailments or those with sensitive skin, skipping on sleep will be a very bad habit for you. It’s been said that a lack of sleep increases the inflammation of skin diseases which can be uncomfortable and be a hassle to work with. In fact, the presence of psoriasis indicates a body inflammation and severe psoriasis can be a telltale sign to future heart problems.
If you are struggling to keep your skin healthy, then it’s about time to review your skincare regimen. Other than that, maybe you also have to adjust your lifestyle. Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
1. Drink lots of water
Without a doubt, drinking lots of water can make you healthy and not just your skin. Water is a much needed element for your body organs to function properly. And because skin is a large part of your body, you need more water everyday.
You need to have a good skin foundation if you are planning to get a tan. The healthier your skin, the easier it is to apply self tanner.
2. Eat healthy food
When we say healthy food, we are referring to fruits and vegetables. They have lots of vitamins and minerals that can help you cope with everyday stress and challenges.
3. Use organic skincare products
Remember, whatever you apply to your skin, it is being absorbed by your body. This is the reason why you have to stay from harmful chemicals. Go for natural ingredients and if you can make it on your own, then by all means to do it. There are lots of pins in Pinterest highlighting DIY masks and face scrubs recipes. Be sure to check them out and follow some depending on your skin types.
Relaxing can do good to your overall health. When you have a peaceful mind, your body will show it. The more you relax, the better you will feel. Visit a spa and get a relaxing massage. You can also have a getaway to spend some time with yourself or with your loved ones.
Achieving healthy skin won’t be easy without self discipline. Once you develop a good habit, please stick to it. Also, don’t forget the share the best stuff. If you learned something new, then let us know!
The beach is always a great place to go when you want to have a good time. It’s not surprising that some individuals would want to drive to the beach to spend some of their time lounging about by the sand. However, with the days getting colder, finding the appropriate time and day to visit the beach can be quite difficult.
Difficult but not impossible to achieve. There are some things to consider when you want to spend your holidays along the shoreline. There are some tips to consider when you want to hang out by the beach for the holiday season:
– If you’re going to fly out of the country to get some much-needed warm sunshine by the beach, try to avoid stressing your body out. You should try to sort out all your waxing and cleansing before traveling. Make extra effort in your skin care regimen before you travel. Your skin is one of the easiest to be damage due to change in environment.
– Bring enough clothes. You can’t be too sure what happens during the trip. Bring at least two sets of clothes. It would be ideal to have a set of warm clothes and another set for the beach. You’ll want to have something to wear when you wade through the waters.
– Try to bring a travel version of your skin care regimen. If you want to look your best wherever you go, it’s always a good practice to bring a travel friendly version of your skin care kit.
– Try not to overpack. Bring the essentials such as towels, food and a good time. Bringing too much baggage is going to get in the way of your fun. You’ll want to enjoy the holidays as best as possible so bringing fewer things is going to make the trip and the time spent much easier.