The beach is always a great place to go when you want to have a good time. It’s not surprising that some individuals would want to drive to the beach to spend some of their time lounging about by the sand. However, with the days getting colder, finding the appropriate time and day to visit the beach can be quite difficult.
Difficult but not impossible to achieve. There are some things to consider when you want to spend your holidays along the shoreline. There are some tips to consider when you want to hang out by the beach for the holiday season:
– If you’re going to fly out of the country to get some much-needed warm sunshine by the beach, try to avoid stressing your body out. You should try to sort out all your waxing and cleansing before traveling. Make extra effort in your skin care regimen before you travel. Your skin is one of the easiest to be damage due to change in environment.
– Bring enough clothes. You can’t be too sure what happens during the trip. Bring at least two sets of clothes. It would be ideal to have a set of warm clothes and another set for the beach. You’ll want to have something to wear when you wade through the waters.
– Try to bring a travel version of your skin care regimen. If you want to look your best wherever you go, it’s always a good practice to bring a travel friendly version of your skin care kit.
– Try not to overpack. Bring the essentials such as towels, food and a good time. Bringing too much baggage is going to get in the way of your fun. You’ll want to enjoy the holidays as best as possible so bringing fewer things is going to make the trip and the time spent much easier.
Sunbathing is the most known way to get a tan. With how easy and cost-efficient it was, it’s not surprising to find that a lot of individuals make use of this tanning method. While it is easy to get a tan under the sun, you’re also putting your hair under a lot of stress. Sunbathing can deal a lot of damage to your hair. If you’re not careful, you’d end up with brittle and dry hair that could ruin a good look with your hard-earned time on tanning.
One of the biggest factor why you need to put some after-care on your hair is how dry it is. With the presence of the sun, it’s constantly burning through each strand of hair which is damaging it as the seconds tick by while you bask under the sun.
Additionally, your hair doesn’t work well with UV radiation. Much like your skin, too much of it can deal a lot of damage to your hair which can cause dead hair as well as a cause more hair fall. To be able to sort this issue out, here are some ways you can help care for your hair after the long hours of sunbathing:
Avoid taking a hot shower. Not only does it cause damage to your very sensitive skin, it will also cause your hair more harm. Try to get a cool shower, not too cold as the chill can dry your skin up. You’ll need to gradually cool your body down.
Make good use of conditioners or items that are dedicated to helping your hair get a treatment after a long arduous time under the sun. If you’d like to avoid damaging your hair while you sunbathe, you can lather it in conditioner and wrap a cold towel around it to lessen the damage the sun can cause.
It’s not surprising to that many individuals would opt to hide from the sun. As research has discovered, copious absorption of the sun’s rays can rise the chance of getting skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is a very aggressive form of skin cancer which has raised skin cancer as the top four cancer found in the society.
However, don’t let that information deter you from enjoying the sun. With summer almost ending, trying to get the last bit of sun is going to be tricky. These are merely tips to enjoy the sun’s rays in a much healthier way.
A good way to enjoy the sunshine would be to watch out for the time. The sun’s UV rays are more intense between 9 in the morning until 4pm.
If you happen to go out during these hours, put on some sunscreen. It’s best to make use of a sunscreen that protects you from both UVA and UVB light as well as a high SPF. High SPF means it can safeguard you from the sun more than lower SPF sunscreen. A very important tip, make sure to have the sunscreen dry on your skin prior to heading out. Always re-apply every two or three hours, lesser if you’re someone who sweats a lot.
While the sun has been known to give Vitamin D, there are also other sources of vitamin D namely salmon, mushrooms and even eggs. These foods are an ideal source once summer rolls out for autumn.
Make good use of the shade. We can’t stay under the sun as often as we’d like thus make good use of the shade. Going under the shade gives our bodies the time to cool off from time to time. If you bask too much of the sun’s rays you might have sun-borne illness such as sunburn or sun stroke.
One of the most flattering complements to one’s look is having great nails. While we can drop by the local nail salon to have our pampering, sometimes our day to day activities can cause a lot of damage to our nails. While not intentional, it can be quite dampening to have a set of unsightly hands.
Not to worry, here are some tips to help you buffer your nails and make them as good as new without having to spend a buck on treating them:
– If you have brittle nails, you might want to get your fair share of biotin. Biotin or most commonly known as Vitamin B7 is found in seafood and dairy. While not exactly an immediate aid to soothing your nails, consuming these foods would lead to healthier nails in the long run. Not only that, fatty acids also aid in giving you better looking nails.
– Olive oil is your best friend. Weak and thin nails are best treated with olive oil since it relieves dryness and cracking. Do this twice a week, submerging your nails from 10-15 minutes and you’ll have a gorgeous set of nails in no time.
– If your nails split or peel, you’ll want to soak them in some milk. A calcium bath helps give your skin more protein to avoid peeling or lessen the chances of splitting. If you’re a little unsure, you can also add an egg yolk which has fat that can help boost the vitamin B7 on your nails as well as toughen them up!
– Dehydration is a key factor in getting damage nails. Stepping up on the number of glasses of water you drink is going to help while making use of Vaseline or some moisturizers also makes sure that your nails are in tip-top condition.
– You can also make a hot oil treatment for your nails. Hot olive oil added with some lemon aids in giving your nails a healthier and shinier look. If you’ve been having trouble with dull nails, this trick should help you out without having to get your nails done.
Damaged hair can be a result from a lot of things. It could be due to stress, since your entire body is affected. It could be due to the environment, the harsh rays of the sun as well as pollution can do a lot of damage to your hair follicles. Or it could also be a result from lying about in the sun or being encased in a tanning bed for your dose of vitamin D. Whatever the reason it may be, getting dull, damaged hair is a downside to how you look.
No need to stress out on that, there are some home remedies to bringing the vigor back in your hair. Many of these remedies are easily found in the kitchen thus you don’t need to go through great lengths to acquiring them.
– Olive oil. Massage a good amount of warmed olive oil unto your hair and wrap your damp locks in plastic. After doing so, you’ll want to wrap a towel over it to make sure that you’re providing a homemade version of a hot oil treatment. Let it do its work for 45 minutes to an hour before rinsing the oil off your hair.
– Eggs. It’s been known that eggs are high in protein. Since much of your hair follicles rely on protein, massaging a whisked egg on your scalp might not be a weird idea. Let the egg mixture be for a minute and cover with a shower cap. Twenty minutes later, you’ll need to rinse off the mixture with cool water and some shampoo. The egg helps in giving your hair the natural shine while also providing it with a good amount of moisture.
– Butter. As odd as it may be to use your favorite companion to your morning toast, the fat found in butter helps to give your dull hair the shine it needs. Much like the previous tips, you’ll want to cover your hair and let the butter sit for at least 20 minutes. After rinsing off all the oils, you’ll end up with glossier hair!
Dark underarms are a bane to a see. These are usually the side-effects when one has done their fair amount of shaving off their underarm hair or due to the usage of certain deodorants. Whichever the cause may be, it’s off-putting to have dark armpits that stick out whenever you raise your arms.
Not to worry, there are some natural ways to solving the dark problems.
– Lemon. Lemon has been known to be one of the natural bleachers that nature has to offer. You’ll need to have at least a wedge of lemon and rub it on the dark area. Let it sit for a minimum of 10 minutes and then thoroughly wash your underarms. Since the acidity of lemon is quite strong, it’ll easily dry your skin. Have a moisturizer at hand once you’ve dried your underarms from this treat.
– Orange Peel. Now you’ll have something to do with the peels from your oranges! Since orange is from the same family that lemon is, it’s no surprise that this tangy fruit also has bleaching properties. It’s a good idea to have the peel dry and powdered before use; once you’ve done so, mix it with some milk and rose water. Rub the concoction on the dark spots and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash thoroughly with cool water; do this thrice a week.
– Coconut oil. It’s been said that coconut oil has a lot of Vitamin E which is commercially used to lighten skin. Massage some coconut oil on your underarms for a good 15 minutes and then rinse with soap and water. You can do this twice every day. Additionally, coconut oil is a good natural deodorant thus you can ditch your chemically-crafted deodorant for a much healthier approach to taking care of your underarms.
Looking your best can be quite the struggle these days. With so much activity and responsibilities to be accomplished day by day, looking after ourselves has become quite the luxury. No one wants to look perpetually tired thus it’s always a good idea to make an effort on sorting your appearance. However, trying to look your best each day can be quite a difficult trend to follow.
Now, that’s not entirely true as there are some quick tips that can help you keep your face looking fresh and rid the early signs of aging from dropping by soon:
- Moisturizers are your best friends. It’s been known that having hydrated skin helps in keeping the youthful look. Facial creams are a great asset to add to your skin care regimen as well.
- Eat the right food. If you’re one to constantly chow on some sweets or fast food, you might be causing more harm to your skin. Sugary treats as well as the trans fats in food has quite the effect on your skin. How about getting some rounds on lemons and carrots? These food aid in providing your skin with vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Avoid the sun. Contrary to the vampire-esque tip, the sun’s rays causes a lot of harm to your skin. Constant exposure to UV rays not only heightens the chances of cancer but also causes collagen to break down. Low collagen means sagging skin; no one wants to have saggy skin.
- Water is your best friend. Hydration is not only limited to what you put on your skin or what you eat; drinking plenty of water has merited a lot of benefits through the years. If you’re someone who constantly drinks their 8 glasses of water a day, you’d notice how supple your skin is.
Tanning is a great way to make yourself look your best. While there are a lot of methods to tan, sunbathing is still the most common and cost-effective form of tanning. While many individuals would just lather some sunscreen and lie about to bask much of the sun, your body is under a constant exposure to the sun. This means that you’re not only trying to darken your skin but your body is also being dried up by it.
On these occasions, you’ll want to bring some water to keep yourself hydrated. However, if you’re not in the mood for the usual serving of H2O and hoping for other juices to keep your body as hydrated while tanning under the sun, here are some juices to cater to your palette:
- Watermelon Juice. It’s been known since time immemorial that Watermelons contain 80% water. Not only that, they’re one of the best fruits to eat during the summer season. If you’re hoping for a sweet drink while sunbathing, Watermelon juice is a great companion to keep you hydrated while basking under the sun.
- Strawberry Juice. If you’re the type who wants a much tarty appeal or someone who’s ridiculously in love with strawberries, then you’re going to love the fact that strawberries also help in hydration. With a whopping 92% on the water content as a fruit, strawberries are not only for cakes but make one of the ideal drinks for your sunbathing sessions.
- Celery Juice. This might the oddest one in the bunch but celery is a vegetable you’re not so accustomed to eating. At 95% on the water content, drinking celery juice also gives you a lot of fiber and minerals. This means that you’re not only keeping your hydration levels high but giving your body a good serving of vitamins and minerals while getting your bronze shade.
It’s really no surprise that many people dread the Holidays coming in. With the climate growing colder, it’s quite a task to actually try to jog while snow is falling down on you. If you’re opting for the gym, that’s also another struggle as the roads and the overall mood for winter can be demotivating. It’s quite difficult to actually lose weight during the holidays especially during Christmas.
Now, you may deck yourself as much as you can in the gym but working out doesn’t mean you should eat more. That’s actually a wrong perception when it comes to working out. In fact, if you want to shape up, you’d better do a better grasp on what you eat.
To get a better weight loss experience for Christmas, here are some food you might want to chow on to help you lose those flabs:
– Green Tea. It’s been known that green tea has a lot of good things in it. It’s no surprise that it’ll come to the list. While it’s not really food, it’s one of the best accompaniments and can also keep you warm during the cold days.
– Pears. There’s a lot of fiber in one pear. While it may be an uncommon fruit to find on your dinner table during the wintry days, pears are a great choice for snacking especially if you want to avoid the junk food in the middle of the day.
– Eggs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you can’t go wrong by having eggs on the plate. Eggs are excellent source of protein and can also help you be full for the entire morning. Being full means opting out on unwanted snacking; so you will also save some money instead of splurging it on food.
When it comes to keeping one’s self fit, it can be a challenge if you’re not looking out for what you eat. As they say, it’s twenty percent in the gym and eighty percent in the kitchen. One of the biggest hurdles is dinner, which is a time that most people like to let loose.
While treating yourself is never bad, having a really heavy dinner can be against you especially if you’re hoping to get a flatter belly. Most of the time, individuals let loose after work so they gain a lot of weight without realizing it. Not to worry, here are some tips that you might want to keep in mind for dinner time:
– Ricotta and other low-fat dairy help avoid in adding in a few more pounds.
– Try to minimize the consumption of red meat during dinner time. Your body has a harder time breaking red meat down and since dinner time is the meal before relaxing, the extra fat gets stored in your muscles without a second thought.
– Have a lot of fiber in your meal. Fiber is a key ingredient to getting your tummy as flat as it can be. Spinach is a good example of a high-fiber but low calorie vegetable that you can add to your meal.
– Put in some protein from white meat. It’s been known that fish and chicken had better amounts of protein from red meat. Not only that but since red meat is high in fat, white meat is a better option to chow on. Protein helps in the development of muscle mass thus aids in getting you a leaner frame.
– If you’re in the mood for some beef, you’ll want to get some grass-fed beef. This type of beef is rich in conjugated linoleic acid which can help lessen your body fat.