First of all, always ensure your skin is clean and dry before applying makeup. Wash your face with cleanser and apply moisturizer. Allow your skin to dry fully. Always apply concealer before applying your foundation. If you conceal on top of foundation you will ruin it.
Set your compressor to L or M (L for Low and M for Medium). Low is better for beginners but you should work your way to medium. Shake the foundation well to mix. Use only 6-10 drops of makeup. Before applying makeup to the skin, test the airbrush on the back of your hand or a paper/tissue to ensure it is not blocked and it’s functioning properly.
You are now ready to apply foundation to your face. Between 6-12 inches away from your skin, start by using circular motions to apply the foundation evenly. Ensure that you do the same number of passes on both sides. Remember to watch for the right color to appear not for when the makeup is on your skin.
Decide when you have achieved the best coverage. You do not need to go overboard, especially if you are contouring and highlighting. If you make too many passes, the result will look “cakey”. The result should be even and glowing.
Always continue the foundation naturally down the neckline so there are no sudden changes in tone. You will find this easier with an airbrush than with traditional makeup.
Caution: Don’t spray the eyes and don’t exhale the makeup!
- Applying shades of makeup
Unlike traditional makeup, it can be layered without creating any problems. But for this to happen, leave the first layer to dry and reapply when it is dry. Also, while it’s easy to correct mistakes in traditional makeup, it is a bit of a problem to do the same in airbrush makeup. So use little bits of makeup each time so that you don’t need to over apply. This is very important for blushes and highlights amongst others.
Always practice on a piece of paper. Practice mixing the shades as these will create the best looks.Use small bursts of makeup on selected areas for better control. There are many types of airbrush makeup like water-based, alcohol based, silicon based and polymer-water based. Choose the best one for your skin type.
Remember not to mix up formulas. Alcohol and silicon don’t dry on the same pace! Practice yourself in measurements so that you will not waste makeup!
Nowadays, young generations as well as elderly people are crazy about body paints and tattoos! Airbrush body paints are non-toxic, water-based, and quick drying. That is why, they are most preferred for making temporary tattoos. Compared with the permanent cosmetic tattoo, airbrush painting is a much preferred choice. It is just made by spraying the paint with airbrush. In this kind of art, you don’t have to worry about the pain and discomfort when doing a permanent tattoo.
What you will need is the paint of your choice and your Airbrush system! Regarding about the ink, the viscosity and safety of the additives should be considered when buying them. The compressor of the Airbrush system has 3 speed options (depending on the machine you purchase). You can switch between the 3 speed options: L for low, M for medium and H for high. You can also play with the trigger so as to get the right amount of solution you want the airbrush to blow. It is all up to you!
Now you can experiment with body paints using your Airbrush System! Body paints usually remains for few days or about a week, hence, it is considered as temporary body art. Usually, the paints are water-based products, and can be easily cleaned with body oils. As being said, body paints are non-toxic and dries within few seconds. There are available ready-to-apply body paints in the market, so can easily purchase them from any cosmetic store. You can even prepare the paint on your own, it’s all up to you!
Here are simple steps and tips you can follow:
- Start of by thinking of what design you want being painted on. You can look up to the internet and magazines for ideas or you can make up on your own. Let your creative mind do the work!
- If you can, find a friend or an artist to help you.
- When everything’s set, change to the clothes that you will be painted in. Some people choose to wear something while being painted while others choose to be completely nude.
- Depending on what parts you are painted, you may need to move into different positions from time to time. Some paintings may take longer depending on the complexity. Some may take minutes while more complex ones could take hours to complete.
- Allow the paint to dry completely, and enjoy your look!
Contouring is giving shape to an area of the face and enhancing the facial structure through the use of makeup. However, there is now a new technique that is low-maintenance and more natural-looking and it is called tontouring or contouring using self-tanners. The advantage of using self-tanners for contouring is that you can have a more defined glow that would last days without having to reapply makeup. Here are some tips on contouring using self-tanners.
Working the Face
Apply gentle circular sweeping motions under the jawlines, the sides of the temples and under the cheekbones. Picture these areas as a “3” shape figure. If you are using 2 shades of self-tanners, blend them out using damp sponge or foundation brush to make sure there are no harsh lines and look naturally tanned.
Firmer, Revealing Cleavage
The important step when working with the breast are is to highlight the top part of the breast and the collarbone. Apply the self-tanner in between the breast and on the outer breast area. These areas looks like a pair of parenthesis. Next is work on the collarbone area. Apply self-tanners in horizontal lines and make sure to blend them gently using a damp sponge or foundation brush. Make sure to work in front of a mirror to make sure that you’ve highlighted the breast area evenly.
Working the limbs
The technique is to apply self-tanners on the areas where your calves, biceps and triceps muscles caves in. In layman’s terms, these are the “muscle cuts” that you see when you flex your arms and legs.
Remember to use self-tanning products that are oil-free and suitable for all skin types. Especially those that you apply on your face. This is to avoid clogging your pores and possible skin breakouts. Also, make sure to exfoliate at least 12 hours prior to contouring for the self-tanners to become more effective.
Christmas is just around the corner and as much as possible, you want look your best. Fortunately, there are many ways for you to look good with makeup.
- Putting eye shadows first, followed by foundation and any other makeup you want to wear will do the trick. By doing this, you can be sure that any loose eye shadow will not fall where you do not want it to fall.
- Do things simple. Twist one section from the front of your hair if you want to put it up. After twisting it, pin it into place at the back of your head. Do the same to the other side. Once you finish this, take the remainder of your hair and tie a messy bun. This is not only easy and quick to do, but it will give you added appeal.
- Put some glitters on your lips to match the vibrant holiday season. Line your lips with a light-colored lip pencil before and then add some foundation on the corners of your mouth. Afterwards, apply some creamy lipstick using lip brush before using a flat brush to add on your glitter. Lastly, you can apply gloss on your lips. You can also add clear lip gloss to give your lips more color. Keep in mind that you should refrain from drinking, kissing, and eating, if you have glittery lips.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol because it will dry your skin. If you want to enjoy alcohol however, what you can do is to apply cleansing milk. This contains hyaluronic acid and can help keep your face looking young. You can also put on a brightening facemask. Just make sure to look for ones that contain alpha-hydroxy acids, which help in moisturizing your skin.
- Massage your eyes to keep them from looking dull. Start at the corner of one of your eyes and then slowly work your way up, going between your brow bone and your eye. Make sure to rub them gently as you go until you reach the outer part of your eyes. Do the same thing when it comes to your lower lash line. Be careful however, when applying your blusher as applying it too high can make you look stressed.
- The trick to getting a flat stomach is by taking peppermint capsules or drinking aloe vera juice. This helps the digestive system do its job, leading to a flat stomach. You can also cut down on foods that can cause excessive gas and bloating. Limit your sugar intake as well as fermented products like cheese or alcohol.
You can try one of this to see what works for you best.
Women are known to take long doing their makeup and choosing their clothes. If you are one of them, here are some tips to finish your makeup in 5 minutes or less!
- Start early.
No. By early we don’t mean waking up early in the morning. We know how it felt good to be staying in bed for longer hours before actually getting up. So why not do the extra preparation at night?
What you will need to do depends on the kind of look you would like to achieve the next day. Whether you will be attending a party or just want to be extra feminine for your office presentation, you can start with your hairstyle.
You can wash and blow-dry your hair before going to bed so that you can skip this routine the next day. Instead, you just have to do a quick brush and touch ups. This is also the best time to clean and trim your nails. Moisturize your skin to make it more supple and smoother. Make sure that everything you will need the next day are very accessible.
- Choose long-lasting and moisturizing foundation.
As the name implies, this is the foundation of your makeup. Your all-day look depends on it.
- Cover those blemishes.
Pick the right concealer before applying transluscent powder.
- Apply blush and mascara.
You can do this quick. Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks then a very light eye shadow, and two coats of mascara. If you think you can do this fast, why not add a slick of eyeliner on the upper lash line?
- Pucker up with a nude lipstick.
A nude shade should match the color of your gums and that’s it!
- Smell good.
Spray your favorite perfume before going out.
You can challenge your friends to do the same thing and see who does it the quickest!