Time and time again, women have tried to find ways to help make them look at their best. This is why makeup was crafted. In our modern times, men and women have begun to find a comfort when they have makeup. With so many colors and approaches to beautifying yourself, it’s no surprise that the makeup industry is thriving as it is today.
While there are numerous brands to look into, many of the makeup in the market contain a lot of chemicals. Makeup with so much chemicals in them tend to cause a lot of allergic reactions, thus being quite cheap. Not only that but consistent usage of these kinds of makeup can cause a lot of skin ailments or health issues. We can’t really name all the effects but it’s quite surprising that a tool used to compliment yourself can lead to your own demise.
Thus, with the recent uproar on the chemicals that are incorporated to making your makeup, organic makeup has entered the scene. While it’s quite surprising to imagine makeup made from such ingredients, there really is a niche for organic makeup.
Organic makeup is ideal for any skin type. Since most allergic reactions are attributed to the high-chemical content in makeup, having organic ingredients rules out the harm it can be caused to your skin. Another important factor with organic makeup is that your nose is not put through any stress. With the usual makeup, artificial fragrance and scents can cause various reactions that could spell out for disaster. Since organic makeup has a weak scent, you won’t have to worry about the effects too much.
Lastly, organic makeup does not cause any environmental harm. Since they are organic you are not making use of chemicals to craft it. There’s no residue chemical that would be dumped somewhere- that thought alone makes organic makeup a good choice on your next shopping spree.
Why do we really need to do skin exfoliation? Is this essential? Yes, exfoliating is a vital way of taking care of our skin. It’s like a deeper cleaning on the skin because barely washing with soap is not enough to clean it. In fact, skin peeling is a natural body process but in depends on how old is the person before it takes its peeling cycle. According to studies, when you are at your 20s, it takes an average of 14-25 days before the skin cell turns over. When you’re on 30s, it takes 30 days and when you’re on age of 40s, it takes 40 days before the outer cover of the skin change. And as people age, it goes slower and slower. Thus we need to help our skin by exfoliating.
The main reason of exfoliating is to remove the old and dead skin cells on the epidermis. This dirt when not removed, stays on the skin and creates blemishes and stains. Imagine a skin with blemishes. It looks dull and rough. And it causes forming of acne because it blocks the skin pores.
The best way to clean this is through skin exfoliation. Exfoliant works as a scrub to remove deep-seated dirt. There are so many ways on how to exfoliate. You can go to a dermatologist or go to spa to do the exfoliating for you. You can also buy skin exfoliating formula and apply it yourself. Or you can look around your house and use natural ingredients from your kitchen to exfoliate naturally. Here are only some of the few kitchen staples that can help you exfoliate naturally.
One of the top kitchen ingredients that helps in natural skin exfoliation is honey. Honey helps in speeding up the natural exfoliation and it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits which helps fight skin infection.
Yogurt exfoliates, hydrates and soothes the skin through its content lactic acid. It can be used by any skin type and can be applied on face and all over the body. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes then rinse.
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, a content used in expensive derma treatments to clean and exfoliate skin. Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste and apply to you skin. Wait for at least 20 minutes before rinsing.
Sugar has glycolic acid that helps in boosting skin regeneration. Mix sugar with olive oil to make a paste and apply on your face and body.
Tanning whether it is obtained naturally (through the sun) or through tanning salons, tanning beds, or self tanning products, has many benefits especially to one’s health and in boosting self-confidence. Sun exposure has been a very old issue since it can cause skin ailments that can even lead to skin cancer but let’s set aside the bad effects for a moment and give importance to its benefits. Anyways, these disadvantages will only manifest if too much exposure is done to achieve tan.
So, here are some of the few benefits of having tanned skin specifically through natural tan.
According to clinical studies, moderate and regular exposure of the skin to sunlight promotes good health because it activates the production of Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D has many beneficial factors on human health. Some of the few benefits of Vitamin D includes the following: it reduces the risk of having multiple sclerosis, it reduces the chance of having heart diseases, and it decreases of having a flu. Vitamin D is very essential in absorbing calcium and phosphorous to the bones, therefore reduces the risk of having brittle bones and weak muscles. Remember that there is no medicine or supplement that can give you Vitamin D; it can only be obtain from the sun and some few foods. Sunlight also regulates of someone’s mood relieving depression.
- It gives additional protection
Through tanning, the melanocyte cells generate melanin, the coloring pigment of the skin and pushes it out of the cell. Melanin prevents deeper penetration of UV radiation into the cells. It absorbs UV energy and transforms it into heat.
- It boosts self-confidence
Tanned skin looks healthier and more attractive than pale and fair complexion. In fact, the career of celebrities depend on it that’s why they pay tons of dollars just to achieve and maintain their sun-kissed glow. Fair complexion looks plain, boring and sickly that’s why they tan to improve their appearance.
You don’t need to spend any single amount just to achieve tan. Achieve a natural tan anywhere as long as there is sun.
Tanning is a good way of relaxing. While tanning, you can forget your work or problems for a while. To add fun while relaxing, you can read your favorite books, sip an ice cold juice, or listen to your favorite music while soaking your body under the sun.
If there’s one way to sum up how you can make yourself a better person when it comes to food, there’s one line for that: You are what you eat. This line never ceases to turn heads especially with how common processed and fast food is in our system. It’s not surprising since we live in a highly urbanized area with so little time and resource to dedicate on growing fresh produce. At times, it can be very difficult to understand just how far the food we eat can do damage to your bodies.
You might not notice it now but constantly chowing down on some of our comfort food spells a lot of trouble for our skin. How about holding back on some sweets or skip on the usual fast food binge for the weekend? You’ll be more than happy to notice instant results once you’ve done so. For now, let’s see what we can do to help make our skin healthier and more glowing.
- This particular fruit is rich in fat and a good source of biotin. Biotin helps in keeping your skin nourished and avoids it from going brittle.
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene. Lycopene helps prevent sunburn especially if it’s mixed with olive oil. You can also benefit from the anti-oxidants and the nutrients a tomato gives.
- Green Tea. While not really something you’d eat, green tea has always been a staple on the healthy drink you should get. Green tea is brimming with nutrients that aid in keeping your skin look younger.
- Eggs might be a staple on your breakfast plate but don’t hold back on them. Eggs have high values of protein which help your skin in protecting itself from going dry as well as repairing cells that were damaged by free radicals.
One of the biggest hurdle during the warm months is keeping your skin hydrated. While staying out in the sun for a long duration is not ideal, even indoors, our skin is still assaulted by the heat. No one wants to have dry flaky skin or an enflamed one due to the rising degrees.
If you’re an individual who has seriously dry skin or having a skin condition, warm months spell more inconvenience for you. Rest assured, in this article, there are various moisturizers to ease the discomfort for summer.
If you’re hoping to try out some moisturizing products in the market, here are some notable names you’d want to remember:
- From Benefit, they have the Total Moisture Facial Cream which aids in giving you a refreshed complexion while also providing your skin protection from dirt.
- Not only does it give a whole day glow, the Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer keeps your skin quenched for quite a long duration.
- Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Hydrator is also a very good choice to aid you on moisturizing your skin. Due to its consistency, it’s easily absorbed by your skin and provides a thorough hydration while leaving a smooth finish.
If commercialized moisturizers are not your cup of tea, don’t you worry, there are also some natural moisturizers for a more organic approach to skin care regimen.
- Milk has always been known to be great for your skin. While it is ideally used for skin whitening due to the lactic acid, milk has soothing properties which can aid in sorting out inflamed dry skin.
- If you’re a big fan of honey, then you’re in luck. Honey is a famous natural moisturizer that is loaded with a lot of good stuff such as being an anti-microbial, and antioxidant.
With these moisturizers, you’re sure to enjoy the warmer days without having to be inconvenienced by dry skin.
Cancer is a medical concern that has plagues the community in the past two decades. With so many versions of the disease sprouting, there’s only so much that modern medication can do to answer the disease. While we can’t always find the cure to cancer, we can try to avoid it.
One of the most aggressive forms of cancer is skin cancer. You’d be surprised to know that a constant exposure to the sun’s harsh rays can raise the chances of getting skin cancer. This leads to the concern that constant sunbathing and your trips to the tanning salon can indeed put you at risk.
While we can’t always control the scope of the sun’s damage, there are some times you can keep in mind to lessen the possibilities of getting skin cancer.
– Apply sunscreen as often as you can. Sunscreen helps shield your skin from the harsh rays. If you’re the outdoor type of individual, you’ll want to lather yourself in sunscreen. It’s also important to remember that sunscreen needs to be set for at least 30 minutes. You’ll have to reapply every two or three hours; more often if you’re sweating a lot. It’s ideal to make use of a broad spectrum sunscreen for better protection.
– Want a tan? Self tanners are you best bet to getting the bronze tone. Self tanners do not rely on the sun’s rays or make use of UV rays. In fact, certain self tanners contain organic ingredients to help your skin get the lovely shade of brown.
– If you’re heading out in a sunny day, cover up. While it’s going to be uncomfortable, coverage lessens the chances of the sun damaging your skin.
– Don’t loiter too long under the sun, especially between 10 am to 4 pm.
Cancer is a disease that is constantly evolving so it’s best to take better care of yourself especially with how warm the days are turning out to be.
First of all, always ensure your skin is clean and dry before applying makeup. Wash your face with cleanser and apply moisturizer. Allow your skin to dry fully. Always apply concealer before applying your foundation. If you conceal on top of foundation you will ruin it.
Set your compressor to L or M (L for Low and M for Medium). Low is better for beginners but you should work your way to medium. Shake the foundation well to mix. Use only 6-10 drops of makeup. Before applying makeup to the skin, test the airbrush on the back of your hand or a paper/tissue to ensure it is not blocked and it’s functioning properly.
You are now ready to apply foundation to your face. Between 6-12 inches away from your skin, start by using circular motions to apply the foundation evenly. Ensure that you do the same number of passes on both sides. Remember to watch for the right color to appear not for when the makeup is on your skin.
Decide when you have achieved the best coverage. You do not need to go overboard, especially if you are contouring and highlighting. If you make too many passes, the result will look “cakey”. The result should be even and glowing.
Always continue the foundation naturally down the neckline so there are no sudden changes in tone. You will find this easier with an airbrush than with traditional makeup.
Caution: Don’t spray the eyes and don’t exhale the makeup!
- Applying shades of makeup
Unlike traditional makeup, it can be layered without creating any problems. But for this to happen, leave the first layer to dry and reapply when it is dry. Also, while it’s easy to correct mistakes in traditional makeup, it is a bit of a problem to do the same in airbrush makeup. So use little bits of makeup each time so that you don’t need to over apply. This is very important for blushes and highlights amongst others.
Always practice on a piece of paper. Practice mixing the shades as these will create the best looks.Use small bursts of makeup on selected areas for better control. There are many types of airbrush makeup like water-based, alcohol based, silicon based and polymer-water based. Choose the best one for your skin type.
Remember not to mix up formulas. Alcohol and silicon don’t dry on the same pace! Practice yourself in measurements so that you will not waste makeup!
Nowadays, young generations as well as elderly people are crazy about body paints and tattoos! Airbrush body paints are non-toxic, water-based, and quick drying. That is why, they are most preferred for making temporary tattoos. Compared with the permanent cosmetic tattoo, airbrush painting is a much preferred choice. It is just made by spraying the paint with airbrush. In this kind of art, you don’t have to worry about the pain and discomfort when doing a permanent tattoo.
What you will need is the paint of your choice and your Airbrush system! Regarding about the ink, the viscosity and safety of the additives should be considered when buying them. The compressor of the Airbrush system has 3 speed options (depending on the machine you purchase). You can switch between the 3 speed options: L for low, M for medium and H for high. You can also play with the trigger so as to get the right amount of solution you want the airbrush to blow. It is all up to you!
Now you can experiment with body paints using your Airbrush System! Body paints usually remains for few days or about a week, hence, it is considered as temporary body art. Usually, the paints are water-based products, and can be easily cleaned with body oils. As being said, body paints are non-toxic and dries within few seconds. There are available ready-to-apply body paints in the market, so can easily purchase them from any cosmetic store. You can even prepare the paint on your own, it’s all up to you!
Here are simple steps and tips you can follow:
- Start of by thinking of what design you want being painted on. You can look up to the internet and magazines for ideas or you can make up on your own. Let your creative mind do the work!
- If you can, find a friend or an artist to help you.
- When everything’s set, change to the clothes that you will be painted in. Some people choose to wear something while being painted while others choose to be completely nude.
- Depending on what parts you are painted, you may need to move into different positions from time to time. Some paintings may take longer depending on the complexity. Some may take minutes while more complex ones could take hours to complete.
- Allow the paint to dry completely, and enjoy your look!
With the summer heat doing so much damage your skin, there are just so much products to apply to keep your skin in tip top condition. Some of the season’s ideal approach would be to make use of copious amounts of moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. Another matter would be using sun tan to avoid further damage when you’re out and about under the sun.
With so many products making use of various unknown chemicals, you’re not the only whose been quite keen on what they apply on their skin. A good alternative to keep your skin in check is to make use of fresh juice. While you don’t really need to apply this particular juice to the skin itself, using fresh and natural juices from fruits and vegetables can help your body be at its best.
If you’re eager to know just what juices (be it a drinking kind or those that can be applied to your skin) you can make use to keep your body at its best, during summer or any other season, you can refer to the listed juices to complement your lifestyle:
- You can make use of carrots, grapefruits, papaya and cucumber to help fight off the skin’s signs of aging.
- If you’d like to moisturize your skin, you can add in some lettuce.
- Lemon helps in lightening your skin while tomato aids in controlling oily skin.
- If you’d like to exfoliate your skin, you can make use of apple, milk, lemon and even grapes. You can also remove dead skin and blackheads with these ingredients.
- Yogurt helps in exfoliating your skin but aids in strengthening your skin due to the amino acids it contains.
- Don’t hesitate on using cucumber in your juices, there’s a reason why cucumber slices are great to soothing the skin around your eyes.
It’s best to let the juice set on your skin before washing it off with lukewarm or cold water. This will aid your skin on absorbing much of the juice’s nutrients to help nourish your skin.
Summer is coming. While that can spell a lot of fun to most individuals, it can be quite a tedious time for your body. One of the most common mishaps is having unsightly chapped lips. While it’s not really a common practice to be quite keen on the amount of care your lips need, summer tends to turn up the notch on the temperature causing more damage to your body.
One of the biggest damaging factor is the sun; consistent exposure to the sun not only causes you to tan but also aid in increasing the chances of getting skin cancer. No one really wants to go through the ordeal of having cancer thus it’s always best to take better care of yourself.
Due to the heat and the tedious task of taking care of one’s self during summer, we miss out on taking care of our lips. It’s not actually that difficult to take better care of our lips and here are some things you should do well to remember:
- Make use of an SPF rich lip balm or lipstick. With our modern age, SPF is no longer limited to sunscreen or even lotion. Our lips are quite sensitive therefore they need their fair share of protection too.
- Water is the key. With the temperature reaching new heights, your body tends to use up a lot of water to keep it cool. On most cases, this makes your lips dry out easily. Always remember to keep yourself hydrated by having a bottle of water at hand.
- If your lips do happen to tan in the course of the season, you can make use of lemons or even milk to aid in making them lighter. These ingredients have natural bleaching agents that not only aid in lightening the tone but also provided the much needed vitamins to help your lips gain a better color.
Your lips are a big part of your appearance and your overall appeal; therefore it’s almost a sin to miss out on pampering them.