Sunbathing is the most common approach to getting tanned skin. With the weather clearing up slowly to welcome to spring, we’re going to expect a lot of individuals getting their share of the sun’s warmth. While basking under the sun is a good way to start the day, prolonged exposure can be very dangerous. If you aren’t vigilant, you can land yourself in hot water for overdoing on the sun tanning.
Fret not, there are still ways to tan safely and here are some ways to do so:
- Put on a good amount of sunscreen before sunbathing. Sunscreen is your initial protection against the sun’s harmful rays. Exposing yourself to hours on end can heighten the chances of harm. In fact, you need to reapply your sunscreen every two hours to make sure you stay protected. Unprotected skin results in nasty sunburn; or worse, it could even progress to skin cancer. Make sure to let the sunscreen dry up, usually thirty minutes, before getting your share of vitamin D.
- Take some breaks when you do sun tanning. You put your body in a lot of harm while sunbathing thus it’s very important to take breaks and rehydrate. Individuals who don’t take breaks are susceptible to heat strokes or deadlier sun borne disease. Make sure to keep yourself well-hydrated so you can keep on pumping out sweat which cools your body down.
- Overexposure is another issue that needs to be considered when sunbathing. When it comes to the time of when you do your sunbathing, it is important to be careful of the time of day. From noon to 4 in the afternoon, the sun’s rays are deadliest. This is usually the time that individuals opt to tan since the rays are intense. However, it would be best to tan at most thirty minutes during this period to avoid taxing your body and causing too much damage to your skin.
When it comes to tanned skin, it can be daunting to put on some makeup. While inexperienced makeup artists will tell you that self tanned skin is hard to work with, it’s actually not that hard. In order to enjoy a great look, you’ll need to be familiar with how self tanned skin works. To avoid ruining your self tan, it’s best to avoid products that contain retinol. This chemical can easily erase the tanned tone thus ruining your hard work on getting a good tan.
In order to make the most out of your tanned skin, you have to be familiar with the type of tan that you have. Do you have warm or cold tone? This tone can really determine the type of makeup you’ll be working with. If you aren’t familiar with your undertone, your makeup can be a disaster.
Another tip to consider would be to tailor your look to the occasion you’re going to be attending. You don’t want to overdo your makeup for a simple office meeting, right? Although there’s nothing wrong in being a little extra, sometimes how you look can make or break what you do.
Despite your tanned skin, don’t use too much light tones. Just because you want to make good use on highlighting your contour, it’s never a good idea to overdo on too much light makeup from your palette. Balance out the light and dark tones to make sure your makeup isn’t overdone. Additionally, try to make use of your self tanner as a bronzer. Having used your self tanner can lessen the time spent on contouring your skin thus try to contour your skin when you put on your self tanner. This can also help you become more familiar on which spots need to be highlighted and which spots need a little bit of flair to change how you look.
Tanning is a lucrative way to look your best without doing anything to drastic. It can be done in various methods, namely sunbathing, indoor and self tanning. No matter what method of tanning you use, it can be very inconvenient to encounter some mishaps. We can stress out the small stuff but there’s no need to. Here are some kitchen solutions to help you remedy some tanning problems.
– If you have some self tanning mishaps, sorting those out can be quite frustrating. A good way to remove these would be to make use of some lemon juice that has been slightly diluted with water. Lemon juice alone is very potent and can cause harm to your skin. Lightly dab the self tanning mishap by using a cotton ball. Once the area has lightened up, you can slowly dab the self tanner back until you get to the desired tone of tanned skin.
– If you want to get rid of your previous tan, exfoliating is the key. Normally you’d make use of a loofa or a body scrub to get this done. However, using some more natural options can be a great idea. If you want to maintain a healthy moisturized skin after removing your old tan, you can use oatmeal and some milk. Oatmeal is a good exfoliator without leaving your skin dry. Milk can easily lighten your skin and work hand in hand with oatmeal to keeping it moisturized.
– You can use some turmeric to sort out the uneven tone of your skin. Add some water to cup of turmeric and mix until it turns into a paste-like consistency. For optimal results you can mix cold curd instead of water. Apply to the affected skin and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is also a good skin relief for sunburns if you overdid some sunbathing.
Sunbathing is the very iconic approach to getting tanned skin. It’s the first and usual method to get a tan; if you discount swimming by the beach. At times, we don’t even do sunbathing along the shore; it can be done at the park or even in your own backyard.
Despite how straightforward sunbathing can be, there are still some mistakes that tanning addicts can encounter. To avoid these mishaps, here are some tips to follow:
- Sunburn is a common and painful result of sunbathing. It happens when you don’t put too much sunscreen before sunbathing or when the rays are too intense. To sort this out, make sure to purchase a wide spectrum sunscreen, this block both UVA and UVB rays. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sunbathing to make sure your skin has absorbed it. Re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours to make sure you don’t get any sunburn.
- One side can turn out darker than the other if you don’t flip often. Sometimes we get too comfortable on one side that we forget that we must evenly tan the other side too. It’s a good habit to rely on a timer to make sure that you evenly expose each side of your body to the sun. Another thing to consider is to take a break from time to time. Your skin needs to cool off and you’ll need to replenish the liquids in your body.
- Not being able to tan well can be a result of when you tan in the day and how long you stay under the sun. It’s practice to set a specific time of the day for tanning. The sun is more intense during the afternoon but the hours after lunchtime can be very punishing. Try to set at most three hours for sunbathing to make sure you don’t overdo. If you want to tan during morning, it’s still a good time but the rays during morning are usually mild.
When it comes to looking better, we rely on makeup a lot. Makeup can easily highlight what’s good about our looks or hide what we don’t like. Unfortunately, makeup can be quite tangible and at times is good for a certain occasion while another palette works best for another. One way to get around this is to make use of self tanners. While the hue of a self tanner is quite limited, it can work much like a foundation and as a bronzer.
If you are well-versed in using a self tanner, you’ll be surprised to know that a self tanner is a semi permanent bronzer. Thus, if you want to be able to make the most out of your self-tanner, you can make use of it as a semi-permanent makeup. A good method to apply the self tanner to one’s features for contouring is using a spray tanning kit. To accentuate your features, here some facial features you can focus on:
– Your cheekbone is the most important part of your face that you contour. Make sure to adjust the nozzle so that you can narrow the area. Apply until you get to the desired dark tone and use a brush to lightly spread the color.
– You can apply some of the self tanner along the outer bridge of your nose. This helps make your nose look more narrow.
– Apply a darker shade under your jaw to be able to sharpen your jaw line as well as change the overall shape of your jaw.
– Using some self tanner along your temples or the side of your forehead can help add sharper angles to your face. This works for those with round faces or those with wider foreheads. If you’re not the type to put your bangs down, this works best for you.
Indoor tanning is a great way to get a tan. During the cold months, sunbathing is really out of the question thus you may want to consider indoor tanning. Indoor tanning makes use of tanning machines such as tanning beds and tanning showers however most salons offer tanning beds. If you have a friend who’s new to the indoor tanning experience, it can be a little daunting. To sort this out, you can have a good number of friends do some indoor tanning at the same time. Think of it as a bonding experience with your buds so that no one feels too intimidated. To make it more worthwhile, here are some ways to make a great indoor tanning experience worthwhile for your friends:
Book for a big appointment for the group. Nothing’s more fun than being able to get your tanning done together. Try to opt for a schedule where everyone doesn’t need to rush. A good time to get some indoor tanning would be before you all attend an event together.
Make sure to bring some sunscreen. Even if this doesn’t involve the sun, you still need sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburn through the intense UV rays from the contraptions.
Advise them to wear the skimpiest clothing to make the most out of the indoor tanning experience. You can also advise them to make use of tan-through clothing if they want to be modest but still enjoy the most out of the indoor tanning experience.
It’s a good idea to time your indoor tanning. If your friend is new to indoor tanning, you may want to keep it at 30 minutes maximum to avoid overdoing the tan or putting your friend’s skin into harm. Additionally, you can also try to space the time you do your tanning to avoid overdoing your skin. Try to space at least a day or two in between each.
November is the month we’re looking forward to when it comes to Thanksgiving. However, it is also the month where a lot of sales happen. Black Friday is upon us and there’s a lot of things to look forward to. Black Friday has to be one of the days where sales go really wild. With so many items priced off, there’s a lot of people clamouring to get their beloved items at half the price; or even lower.
If you are looking forward to getting some much needed skin care items, here are some things you can consider getting during Black Friday:
– A fresh set of moisturizers would be good. You can’t still be using the same moisturizer that you bought during late summer or early autumn. It’s a good idea to shift to a much richer and thicker moisturizer since winter is coming upon us. The temperatures can get really low which can dry your skin up very easily.
– New skin care items that are geared for winter. You need skin care items that are dedicated for winter. With the skin care products priced down, it’s always a great idea to replenish your skin care items to aid in the regimen. You can also benefit getting a new set of skin care products as some skin care products can get really expensive during winter.
– Self tanning products are a great product to purchase during Black Friday sale because winter is a hard time to sunbathe. With the climate going lower and lower in temperature, it’s impossible to get one’s sunbathing. Self tanning is a much healthier approach to getting a tan since you don’t rely on UV radiation to get your tan down. While indoor tanning is a good alternative, it’s still very hazardous to one’s skin.
When one hears about tanning, you can’t help but think of the usual method which would be through sunbathing. Sunbathing is the conventional approach to getting a tan and is most commonly done during the summer. But since we’re approaching the wintery days, it’s impossible to get our share of sunbathing. Indoor tanning can be an alternative but we can’t really spend so much money on an unhealthy approach to tanning. Consistent exposure to UV radiation is going to heighten the chances of getting skin cancer.
Thus said, we’re going to be using self tanners as a tanning medium. Self tanners have a wide range of applications and trying to find the best that works with you can be tricky.
First, you’ll want to determine your skin type. By pinpointing your skin type, you can narrow down what you can put on your skin and not. This can also limit what works with your skin type.
If you have sensitive skin, it’s very important to be mindful of what you put on your skin. If you aren’t careful, you’re going to experience a very bad case of skin allergy or worse, scars from very bad skin damage. Try to check the label before buying self tanners to make sure the product doesn’t have any ingredient that can provoke a skin allergy.
If you aren’t familiar with the ingredients used in self tanners, going for more natural means of self tanning can be a great idea. A good brand that makes use of natural ingredients is Thermalabs. Despite being a brand sold in the market, each product is crafted with organic sources thus you can lessen the chances of getting an allergic reaction. Another reason why organic ingredients are good for you is because you don’t add more chemicals to nature.
Another thing to consider is the method of how you apply self tanning. If you want the usual method of applying self tanners, you’re going to rely on a tanning lotion and apply it with a tanning mitt. A tanning mitt will need to be replaced after several times since the tan residue is hard to remove it. You can also rely on towelettes or opt for a spray tanning kit to make your self tanning experience a lot better.
It’s always a good idea to try out the self tanner before purchasing it to be assured that your skin won’t react violently.
Sunscreen is a very important item to keep at hand. While our skin is the initial defense against the sun, it’s also easily damaged from too much sun damage. If you let your skin unprotected, you can get a very bad experience with a nasty sunburn. While that may be the immediate result of being unable to provide some protection on your skin, there are also some very dangerous effects. Skin cancer has become quite a common diagnosis to those who are addicted to sunbathing. If that’s not enough to deter you, you can also experience premature aging and uneven skin tone.
To prevent this from happening, you’ll want to put on some sunscreen. Sunscreen is important to protect your skin to avoid harm from getting the diagnosis. However, using a sunscreen is also important to how you can protect your skin. Using a sunscreen that is dedicated for your body won’t work for your face. The skin on your face is more sensitive than the overall skin of your body thus you can’t really provide optimal care to your face if you skim on the appropriate sunscreen for your face.
A good sunscreen for your face would be a physical face sunscreen. This sunscreen does not contain zinc and can be hard to find. This type of sunscreen bounces back the sun’s light thus avoiding any chance of the UV rays from being absorbed into your skin. It’s a little hard to find this type of sunscreen, what more to work around with makeup.
There are some on the market that you can try out. Before purchasing, you’ll want to try some out if they have a physical store or check the reviews to get the optimal use of your purchase. Make sure to do a skin test to avoid the instance of getting an allergy reaction with using the sunscreen.
We’ve heard how come skin cancer has become quite common. It’s quite alarming to consider that every hour, an American dies to skin cancer. This makes sunbathing quite scary and so other people opt to get their summer glow from indoor tanning. Indoor tanning is a common approach to get a tan because of how convenient it can be.
Tanning beds or sunbeds are the common methods to getting an indoor tan. Unlike sunbathing, sunbeds can help provide you the bronze tone in far less time than sunbathing can. This is due to the concentrated approach to providing UV rays to your body.
With that information in mind, it can be disconcerting to think of how dangerous sunbeds can be. Unfortunately, sunbeds or tanning beds aren’t more innocent than sunbathing. This is contrary to the belief that most people say. In fact, indoor tanning is more potent than sunbathing due to the close proximity of the rays that they give off. Additionally, since the machine has a concentrated amount of UV radiation. Unlike sunbathing, clouds to soften the rays before it reaches our skin.
Not only that, our eyes are also assaulted to how dangerous indoor tanning can be. We’re told to wear a specific kind of eyewear to protect our eyes from the UV radiation we go through. Even though it’s only for a short time, indoor tanning does a lot of damage in such a short time.
Thus, if you’re planning to lessen the harm you get from tanning. Indoor tanning doesn’t help ease out the harm compared to sunbathing. If you would like to try out a much healthier approach to tanning, self tanning would be the more ideal approach since it doesn’t harm your skin in any manner. Although, it would be a good idea to test out the self tanner ahead before putting it on your entire skin unless you get an allergic reactions.