Exfoliating is a very important step to getting better skin. If you hit the mark of your late 20’s to early 30’s, you’re going to experience your body slowing down in some departments. This can be very taxing if you’re not keen on taking better of your skin.
To rectify this, following a strict skin care regimen can be a good habit. As was mentioned earlier, exfoliating your skin a good way. However, some individuals can get carried away and overdo this. Doing too much exfoliation can lead to more sensitive skin or even some skin care issues. To get a better idea of what you can do, here are some ways to tell when you should stop exfoliating:
– If you’ve done your exfoliating in a week, don’t do another one any time soon. Ideally, you want to do an exfoliating session once every two weeks. This is the right amount of time for your skin to really shed off.
– If your skin has become sensitive, stop. Overdoing something is one thing but doing it with too much force is another. Try to be gentler when you exfoliate. If you aren’t sure, try some natural means of exfoliating such as oatmeal or brown sugar. They don’t dry your skin so you can enjoy great skin.
– If you have some scratches or other skin lesions, you’ll want to stop exfoliating for a while. Doing too much exfoliation not only leaves your skin very sensitive but also prone to damage. Try to limit your exfoliation when you have cuts or scratches as putting this under the harsh texture of an exfoliating medium can only aggravate it.
To make your exfoliating sessions much better, you can plan out when you’re going to do it every month. It’s always a good idea to schedule it two weeks apart so you can make the most out each session.
Making yourself look better can be through numerous ways. Makeup is one of the easiest way to change how you look. The only downside to using makeup is how transient it can be. If it’s too hot or too cold, you’re going to ruin your makeup either way. If you sweat a lot or have sensitive skin, that’s going to spell a problem when putting on makeup.
One way to make sure you have less time worrying about makeup is using a self-tanner. Self tanners is a method of getting a tan without having to go through sunbathing or indoor tanning. You use chemicals to get the summer glow which is much healthier in contrast to the usual methods of tanning.
Self tanning can be quite daunting since you need to apply it. In order to lessen the fear that usually comes with it, self tanning is a semi-permanent approach to getting a bronzer on your skin. If you want to make the most out of your self tanner here are some makeup tips you can use it with:
– Self tanners offer great coverage thus they work well as a means of foundation. This gives you a good overall palette to work with when putting on make up. Since putting on foundation can take some time, using self tanners as a foundation would surely cut the time you put on makeup.
– As said earlier, self tanners can work as a bronzer. This means you can do a semi-permanent approach to contouring. Contouring especially using a bronzer can be tricky if you’re not used to it but very rewarding once you get how it works. For self tanners to be used in this method, you may want to be familiar of how to best contour your skin prior to application.
Having a tan is one thing but keeping it is another concern that struggles tanning newbies. Tanned skin can be achieved through three ways. This can be through sunbathing, indoor tanning and self tanning. No matter what method you choose, the end result is getting a tan.
Now that you’ve gotten your tan, your next task is to keep it. This is the most difficult step to having a tan. Keeping tanned skin can be a breeze or a nightmare due to some factors. In order to keep a nice tan, here are some skincare routine tips to follow:
– Always keep your skin moisturized. When your skin is well-hydrated, it won’t be dry. Dry skin is a bane to anyone who has tanned skin. If you have dry skin, your tan can easily flake off which is going to ruin your efforts and leave a very unappealing look. Make sure to put on some moisturizers during the day before you head out and just before bed. If your tan was achieved through self tanning, be wary of the skin care products you are using. Avoid the ones that contain retinol as these skin care products will easy burn off your self tan.
– Put on sunscreen even if you have a tan. Tanned skin can still be damaged by the sun and is more tangible than your usual layer of skin. Make sure to put on some sunscreen before heading out!
– Avoid the pool and the beach when you just got your tan. This is very important for those with self-tan since the chlorine can bleach your skin. Saltwater is also very adept in drying skin so you want to avoid that if you’ve just tanned.
– Take in food rich in vitamin C to encourage a healthier and glowing tan. You don’t want your tanned skin to look dull and unhealthy.
When you’re going for some sunbathing, it’s important to bring food too. You don’t want to be lying under the sun with a protesting stomach. While having some barbecue by the beach can be a common option, there are some food that work best for your sunbathing needs.
For your next sunbathing agenda, you might want to pack these foods along:
- Watermelons are great in reinvigorating you when you’re taking a break from sunbathing. They don’t really help with your tan but you can get your hydration back in no time. It’s also a sweet treat, something we look forward to when we’re hoping to get some refreshing after being under the sun for a long amount of time.
- You can also pack some sweet potato snacks if you want to get the most out of your tanning. Sweet potato is high in carotenoids so your skin can easily get the tanned hue that you are looking for. You can also throw this in with some carrots and tomatoes in a salad so you can have a quick and light meal while also nourishing your blooming tan. Make sure to use some kale as this leafy green can help give you glowing skin.
- If you want a fruit salad that can help keep your skin from sunburn or being damaged too much by the sun, use fruits rich in vitamin C. These would be strawberries, oranges, kiwi and even blackberries. Vitamin C helps keep your resistance up while also bolstering your skin’s ability to block off harmful UV radiation. You still need to put sunscreen though!
- If you want to steer away from something sweet but opt for a snack that can soothe your skin and avoid sunburn, cucumbers and oatmeal can do the trick. It would be a good idea not to mix the two though.
Self tanners are already a complicated approach to tanning. While we can always fall back into sunbathing and indoor tanning to get our summer glow back, it’s not really a healthy hobby to keep. It’s been known that consistent exposure to UV radiation can heighten the chances of getting skin cancer. To work around with the tanning addiction, self tanners are a means to getting tanned skin without having to dabble into UV radiation to get it.
If you aren’t well-versed with self tanning, you can end up with a very saturated tone which tends to be orange. Here are some workarounds you can follow to fix your self tanning mishap:
- You can employ a bronzer to help town down some of the spots that are too orange. If you are very orange overall, you may want to buff it down with some sugar. Sugar is a gentle exfoliator so it can help lighten your color until you reach a peak tone that works well with you.
- Once you’ve buffed the tone down, you can slowly apply some tanner to help even out your tone. Try to find the right mixture to get the appropriate tone. If you do happen to come out with orange, this means your self tanning mixture isn’t right.
- If you don’t have some sugar at hand, you can also make use of lemon juice to lighten your tan. It’s best to dilute the juice with some water since lemon juice is quite strong. Lightly dab on the affected skin until the tone lightens up. It’s best to do this while the self tanner is still damp so you can reapply with ease.
- If the tanner has dried on your skin, you can exfoliate the bad self tanned skin off and re-apply a fresh one.
Sunbathing is the most common approach to getting tanned skin. With the weather clearing up slowly to welcome to spring, we’re going to expect a lot of individuals getting their share of the sun’s warmth. While basking under the sun is a good way to start the day, prolonged exposure can be very dangerous. If you aren’t vigilant, you can land yourself in hot water for overdoing on the sun tanning.
Fret not, there are still ways to tan safely and here are some ways to do so:
- Put on a good amount of sunscreen before sunbathing. Sunscreen is your initial protection against the sun’s harmful rays. Exposing yourself to hours on end can heighten the chances of harm. In fact, you need to reapply your sunscreen every two hours to make sure you stay protected. Unprotected skin results in nasty sunburn; or worse, it could even progress to skin cancer. Make sure to let the sunscreen dry up, usually thirty minutes, before getting your share of vitamin D.
- Take some breaks when you do sun tanning. You put your body in a lot of harm while sunbathing thus it’s very important to take breaks and rehydrate. Individuals who don’t take breaks are susceptible to heat strokes or deadlier sun borne disease. Make sure to keep yourself well-hydrated so you can keep on pumping out sweat which cools your body down.
- Overexposure is another issue that needs to be considered when sunbathing. When it comes to the time of when you do your sunbathing, it is important to be careful of the time of day. From noon to 4 in the afternoon, the sun’s rays are deadliest. This is usually the time that individuals opt to tan since the rays are intense. However, it would be best to tan at most thirty minutes during this period to avoid taxing your body and causing too much damage to your skin.
When it comes to tanned skin, it can be daunting to put on some makeup. While inexperienced makeup artists will tell you that self tanned skin is hard to work with, it’s actually not that hard. In order to enjoy a great look, you’ll need to be familiar with how self tanned skin works. To avoid ruining your self tan, it’s best to avoid products that contain retinol. This chemical can easily erase the tanned tone thus ruining your hard work on getting a good tan.
In order to make the most out of your tanned skin, you have to be familiar with the type of tan that you have. Do you have warm or cold tone? This tone can really determine the type of makeup you’ll be working with. If you aren’t familiar with your undertone, your makeup can be a disaster.
Another tip to consider would be to tailor your look to the occasion you’re going to be attending. You don’t want to overdo your makeup for a simple office meeting, right? Although there’s nothing wrong in being a little extra, sometimes how you look can make or break what you do.
Despite your tanned skin, don’t use too much light tones. Just because you want to make good use on highlighting your contour, it’s never a good idea to overdo on too much light makeup from your palette. Balance out the light and dark tones to make sure your makeup isn’t overdone. Additionally, try to make use of your self tanner as a bronzer. Having used your self tanner can lessen the time spent on contouring your skin thus try to contour your skin when you put on your self tanner. This can also help you become more familiar on which spots need to be highlighted and which spots need a little bit of flair to change how you look.
Tanning is a lucrative way to look your best without doing anything to drastic. It can be done in various methods, namely sunbathing, indoor and self tanning. No matter what method of tanning you use, it can be very inconvenient to encounter some mishaps. We can stress out the small stuff but there’s no need to. Here are some kitchen solutions to help you remedy some tanning problems.
– If you have some self tanning mishaps, sorting those out can be quite frustrating. A good way to remove these would be to make use of some lemon juice that has been slightly diluted with water. Lemon juice alone is very potent and can cause harm to your skin. Lightly dab the self tanning mishap by using a cotton ball. Once the area has lightened up, you can slowly dab the self tanner back until you get to the desired tone of tanned skin.
– If you want to get rid of your previous tan, exfoliating is the key. Normally you’d make use of a loofa or a body scrub to get this done. However, using some more natural options can be a great idea. If you want to maintain a healthy moisturized skin after removing your old tan, you can use oatmeal and some milk. Oatmeal is a good exfoliator without leaving your skin dry. Milk can easily lighten your skin and work hand in hand with oatmeal to keeping it moisturized.
– You can use some turmeric to sort out the uneven tone of your skin. Add some water to cup of turmeric and mix until it turns into a paste-like consistency. For optimal results you can mix cold curd instead of water. Apply to the affected skin and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is also a good skin relief for sunburns if you overdid some sunbathing.
Sunbathing is the very iconic approach to getting tanned skin. It’s the first and usual method to get a tan; if you discount swimming by the beach. At times, we don’t even do sunbathing along the shore; it can be done at the park or even in your own backyard.
Despite how straightforward sunbathing can be, there are still some mistakes that tanning addicts can encounter. To avoid these mishaps, here are some tips to follow:
- Sunburn is a common and painful result of sunbathing. It happens when you don’t put too much sunscreen before sunbathing or when the rays are too intense. To sort this out, make sure to purchase a wide spectrum sunscreen, this block both UVA and UVB rays. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sunbathing to make sure your skin has absorbed it. Re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours to make sure you don’t get any sunburn.
- One side can turn out darker than the other if you don’t flip often. Sometimes we get too comfortable on one side that we forget that we must evenly tan the other side too. It’s a good habit to rely on a timer to make sure that you evenly expose each side of your body to the sun. Another thing to consider is to take a break from time to time. Your skin needs to cool off and you’ll need to replenish the liquids in your body.
- Not being able to tan well can be a result of when you tan in the day and how long you stay under the sun. It’s practice to set a specific time of the day for tanning. The sun is more intense during the afternoon but the hours after lunchtime can be very punishing. Try to set at most three hours for sunbathing to make sure you don’t overdo. If you want to tan during morning, it’s still a good time but the rays during morning are usually mild.
When it comes to looking better, we rely on makeup a lot. Makeup can easily highlight what’s good about our looks or hide what we don’t like. Unfortunately, makeup can be quite tangible and at times is good for a certain occasion while another palette works best for another. One way to get around this is to make use of self tanners. While the hue of a self tanner is quite limited, it can work much like a foundation and as a bronzer.
If you are well-versed in using a self tanner, you’ll be surprised to know that a self tanner is a semi permanent bronzer. Thus, if you want to be able to make the most out of your self-tanner, you can make use of it as a semi-permanent makeup. A good method to apply the self tanner to one’s features for contouring is using a spray tanning kit. To accentuate your features, here some facial features you can focus on:
– Your cheekbone is the most important part of your face that you contour. Make sure to adjust the nozzle so that you can narrow the area. Apply until you get to the desired dark tone and use a brush to lightly spread the color.
– You can apply some of the self tanner along the outer bridge of your nose. This helps make your nose look more narrow.
– Apply a darker shade under your jaw to be able to sharpen your jaw line as well as change the overall shape of your jaw.
– Using some self tanner along your temples or the side of your forehead can help add sharper angles to your face. This works for those with round faces or those with wider foreheads. If you’re not the type to put your bangs down, this works best for you.