Trying to look your best for any occasion is one of the best ways to feel better with one’s self. There are numerous ways to enhance how you look. From makeup to various alterations, there’s a lot of ways to change how you look. We don’t want to drastically change our appearance but if you’re hoping to enhance your look, you can make good use of self tanners.
Tanning has become quite a beauty complement to a lot of individuals and it’s not surprising that many individuals seek it out. Self tanners are the better option as they do not cause you any harm while applying it. Another food for thought is how they are easily removed if you don’t want to have tanned skin.
Self tanners are a great way to hide a lot of flaws. If you are someone who’s unhappy with freckles or various flaws on your body, it could even be uneven skin tone, self tanners are a great asset to work with. Much like how concealers work, self tanners give you coverage for your flaws. If you have scars or uneven skin, you can also sort that out with self tanners. A good thing with self tanners is how they add a certain appeal while not overdoing it.
Another perk of benefit of using self tanners is you can shape how your body works. If you’re one who uses bronzers, think of self tanners as a body-friendly bronzer which lasts longer than your trusty make up. Contouring and accentuating your assets is an effect that self tanners can provide.
One of the great things about self tanner is they provide you a better splash of color without having to damage your skin in the process. You can also enjoy a longer sun-kissed look for any season thus you can tailor your clothing and color palette of your clothes to your kind of tan.
The beach is always a great place to go when you want to have a good time. It’s not surprising that some individuals would want to drive to the beach to spend some of their time lounging about by the sand. However, with the days getting colder, finding the appropriate time and day to visit the beach can be quite difficult.
Difficult but not impossible to achieve. There are some things to consider when you want to spend your holidays along the shoreline. There are some tips to consider when you want to hang out by the beach for the holiday season:
– If you’re going to fly out of the country to get some much-needed warm sunshine by the beach, try to avoid stressing your body out. You should try to sort out all your waxing and cleansing before traveling. Make extra effort in your skin care regimen before you travel. Your skin is one of the easiest to be damage due to change in environment.
– Bring enough clothes. You can’t be too sure what happens during the trip. Bring at least two sets of clothes. It would be ideal to have a set of warm clothes and another set for the beach. You’ll want to have something to wear when you wade through the waters.
– Try to bring a travel version of your skin care regimen. If you want to look your best wherever you go, it’s always a good practice to bring a travel friendly version of your skin care kit.
– Try not to overpack. Bring the essentials such as towels, food and a good time. Bringing too much baggage is going to get in the way of your fun. You’ll want to enjoy the holidays as best as possible so bringing fewer things is going to make the trip and the time spent much easier.
Sunbathing is the most known way to get a tan. With how easy and cost-efficient it was, it’s not surprising to find that a lot of individuals make use of this tanning method. While it is easy to get a tan under the sun, you’re also putting your hair under a lot of stress. Sunbathing can deal a lot of damage to your hair. If you’re not careful, you’d end up with brittle and dry hair that could ruin a good look with your hard-earned time on tanning.
One of the biggest factor why you need to put some after-care on your hair is how dry it is. With the presence of the sun, it’s constantly burning through each strand of hair which is damaging it as the seconds tick by while you bask under the sun.
Additionally, your hair doesn’t work well with UV radiation. Much like your skin, too much of it can deal a lot of damage to your hair which can cause dead hair as well as a cause more hair fall. To be able to sort this issue out, here are some ways you can help care for your hair after the long hours of sunbathing:
Avoid taking a hot shower. Not only does it cause damage to your very sensitive skin, it will also cause your hair more harm. Try to get a cool shower, not too cold as the chill can dry your skin up. You’ll need to gradually cool your body down.
Make good use of conditioners or items that are dedicated to helping your hair get a treatment after a long arduous time under the sun. If you’d like to avoid damaging your hair while you sunbathe, you can lather it in conditioner and wrap a cold towel around it to lessen the damage the sun can cause.
Getting a tan is one thing but trying to remove it is another. Regardless of how one gets their tan, trying to take it off is a hurdle not many would like to consider. Normally, you’d want to wait until your skin has naturally shed off the tanned layer. However, if you would like to speed things up, there are some ways to remove your tan.
One of the most known methods is using bleachers, whitening lotions or oral medication to easily lighten one’s skin. There’s a lot of downsides to this method; skin irritation, allergies or even more harm due to what you’re trying to ingest into your body. Not to worry, there are some natural ways to get your tan out of the way and you’ll be surprised to know they’re easily found in the kitchen.
- Milk and turmeric. Mix some turmeric with a cup of milk until it forms a pasty texture. Apply gently to skin and let it dry. Rinse with cold water. Milk has been known to help lighten one’s skin while turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which make it great in sorting out acne and scarring.
- Oatmeal and buttermilk. As was mentioned, milk is a great whitening agent. Mix both ingredients and gently rub in a circular motion to your skin. Let it sit for a while before rinsing with cool water. Buttermilk has high astringent properties while also being acidic; it helps tighten pores and lightens the presence of freckles. This mixture is also ideal for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Lemon juice, rosewater and cucumber. Mix all the ingredients and lightly dab to your tanned skin with a cotton ball. Let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Lemon juice can be harsh on your skin but it effectively erases tanned skin while also sorting out scars. Due to its high acidic nature, it can be inconvenient by itself. However, with the presence of rosewater and cucumber, the acidity of the le
With summer ending faster than we’d expect, fall is a season where we start to bunch up on the warmer selection of clothing at the back of our closets. One of the downsides of fall would be the lack of opportunities to bask under the sun to get your tan. Though you can do it at the last tails of summer but the temperature goes lower and lower for us to stay outside with less coverage as possible.
Thus it’s always a good idea to take good care of your tanned skin especially with autumn at hand. A good way to keep your tan would be to constantly moisturize your skin. Dry skin tends to flake and peel off which can cause your tan to become uneven and look unsightly. Colder temperatures can easily dry your skin so it’s a good idea to make use of moisturizers and lotions to keep it hydrated after the warm days. This also means to drink plenty of water when you can.
You may want to avoid waxing. Waxing removes the topmost layer of skin in the process. This causes an uneven skin tone and ruins your overall tan. If you can’t help but wax, you’ll want to follow the next step.
If you’re trying to salvage your tan but afraid of booking a trip to the tanning salon, you can make use of self tanners to get your tan as golden as when you got it. Self tanners don’t make use of UV rays thus they are a healthier choice to getting one’s tan. Additionally, you can tan anywhere; with the colder temperatures outside, conducting a tanning session in your own home is possible. Another great benefit from using a self tanner is your ability to contour your tan, which is unheard of in sunbathing and indoor tanning. Having self tanned skin during the cold days also helps one’s moods since it gives the appeal of a sun-kissed skin.
Getting a great tan is always an ideal outcome from your trip to the beach. It’s always a great idea to get your summer glow while enjoying the waves. Unfortunately, one has to deal with tan lines be it from sunbathing or just being as active as you can be. Trying to sort out your tan lines is a major problem to some individuals.
No need to beat yourself up, there are actually some ways to get your tanning lines out of the way without having to rely on other products. This also means you’re getting a cheaper approach to getting an overall great tan. If you don’t have these items in your kitchen, you might want to consider buying some before hitting the beach or you’re getting your chance at soaking up a tan.
Black tea is an ideal choice for a tan line that looks more like a burn. Tea has cooling factors which help in easing the inflammation of your skin. It’s also a natural tanner so if you have spots which are lighter, you can use black tea to darken the particular area eventually to match your tan. You can use the tea by putting it inside a spray bottle and spraying on the affected area.
Baking soda is surprisingly a good aid to sunburn and tan lines especially on your face. You can make use of baking soda by making a paste of it with rose water. Massage the paste to your skin and leave it for fifteen minutes. Rinse thoroughly right after.
Brown sugar may sound like an ingredient for exfoliating; it’s also an aid to sorting out tan lines. Mix a cup of sugar with half a cup of olive oil and a quarter of honey to form a paste. Gently massage in a circular motion to your skin and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes. Rinse thoroughly right after.
Outdoor tanning is usually just sunbathing. Being outdoors means making the most out of being outside, which we do when sunbathing. There are actually a lot of things to remember if you want to make the most out of your sunbathing experience. If you’re hoping to make the most out of your sunbathing during these warmer days, here are some of the tips to consider:
– Exfoliate before getting your share of the sun. If you’re not keen on exfoliating your skin prior to sunbathing, you’ll end up with uneven tan or a tan that’s easily peeled off. Exfoliation helps clear out impurities as well as gives way to younger, healthier skin. With a fresh palate to work with, your tan stays longer than you’d think.
– Apply a good amount of sunscreen. No one wants to experience sunburn. Not only is it very painful but sunburn also ruins your overall tan since the afflicted skin is peeled off to give way to healthier skin. You’ll want to let the sunscreen set for at least thirty minutes before heading out. Additionally, reapply sunscreen every two to three hours. If you’re especially sweaty, you’ll want to cut that down to two.
– Tanning oils are your best friend when it comes to sunbathing. Using tanning oils improves your skin’s susceptibility to absorb much of the sun’s rays. This means being able to make good use of the time you have during sunbathing and also cutting down the time you’re basking under the harsh rays.
– Take into consideration the time you’re going to be sunbathing. The sun has different positions and if you’re not keen on what time you’re basking, you might end up with an uneven tan. It’s best to commit to at most two to three hours in the afternoon for sunbathing since this is when the sun is at its peak and the rays aren’t that harsh on your skin.
Getting a tan can be easily done with the warmer days coming by the corner. While it’s easy to get a tan, trying to remove it in record time might prove to be quite the difficulty. It’s been carefully detailed all over the internet how to get a tan; be it sunbathing, through indoor tanning or self tanners. And yet, not everyone knows how to get rid of a tan aside from waiting for your skin to fade back to the natural color that you were born with.
If you’re hoping to get your old tan out of the system in a short amount of time, here are some tips to help you get your color with the aid of natrual face masks:
- Honey and Papaya. It’s been known that Papaya has a whitening agent which is why it’s been used in a lot of whitening soaps. Meanwhile, honey aids in keeping your skin moisturize and work as an antibacterial mask thus you’re not only giving your skin the whitening agent it needs but also keeping harmful bacteria off of it. You’ll want to mix a quarter of papaya juice, some honey into a gelatin mixture. This makes it easier for the mask to be applied and removed. Apply to your skin and let it dry; peel it gently then wash with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber and Tomato. Cucumber is actually a great asset to skin whitening while tomato provides a good amount of moisture to your skin. You’ll need some milk for some extra whitening power and being a good base for the two ingredients. Mix all of these together and apply to your skin. Leave it for at least 20 minutes then rinse with cool water.
- Green Tea and Aloe Vera. These are two very moisture rich ingredients but when combined together create a face mask that aids in removing dead skin cells and your tanned layer of skin. Mix these two ingredients with gelatin power and apply to your skin. Peel gently once it has dried and rinse as needed.
Tanning through the means of sunbathing has become quite the conventional approach, if not the most famous one, in the tanning industry. While the usual aid in tanning by soaking up much of the sun’s rays is through sunscreen, there’s actually another agent that is more applicable to helping you tan. Sunscreen may help you tan but its initial approach is to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. On another matter, there are some natural tanning oils that are more susceptible to expediting the occurrence of a tan.
To get a better grasp of why these oils are a better choice than sunscreen, tanning oils actually help in honing out the UV rays so that you can get the tan easily. Not only that, unlike sunscreen, you’re also treating your skin to some nourishment and assured that there aren’t any chemicals that can cause some damage to your skin.
If you’re hoping to change your tanning aid, here are some tanning oils that you can use for your next sunbathing session:
– Red raspberry oil is a good choice when it comes to tanning and giving you an added bonus to protecting your skin. You can mix it up with some coconut oil to get the SPF protection of up to 18. While it may not be an exact number, red raspberry oil is a good start.
– As was mentioned, coconut oil is not far off from being one of the ideal tanning oils. This particular oil is a treat if you have sensitive skin since it does not cause any irritation. Coconut oil is rich in fat thus able to provide some semblance of protection from harm when exposed to UV rays during sunbathing. Not only that, coconut oil is rich in antioxidants thus helping your skin get the protection it needs from harmful things from the environment.
– One of the particular oils to use is olive oil. While commonly used in the kitchen, using refined olive oil with a tincture of iodine and carrot juice; iodine has the dark tone while carrot has beta-carotene which helps in getting you the golden glow. Additionally, iodine helps in protecting your skin from possible sunburn so you can lather this concoction to your skin with ease.
– Hazelnut oil is also among the ideal tanning oils to use. It’s easily absorbed into your skin and also contains a lot of fat to protect you while tanning.
With how wondrous having a tan is to one’s look, there’s actually a dangerous way to getting a tan. The much known way to earning one’s tan has been through sunbathing and the second method on the list would be tanning through the means of using tanning beds. It’s been proven that sunbathing and tanning beds have caused the rise of skin cancer among tan addicts. This is due to the consistent exposure to UV rays. The radiation encourages cancer in the individual’s system thus making skin cancer, or melanoma to some, the top 4 cancer in the world.
While breaking a much loved habit can be quite difficult, you’ll want to avoid lounging about the beach during summer any time soon knowing that your sunscreen is not enough to protect you from skin cancer.
Don’t let that thought deter you from getting your tan. There recent introduction of self tanners in the market has made tanning a lot safer than before. While this may be dubbed as a fake tan, self tanners still aid in giving you the much desired tone without having to squander much of your time under the sun or sandwiched between the contraptions of a tanning bed.
One of the downsides of self tanning is, it can be quite tedious. Compared to sunbathing and tanning inside a tanning bed, using self tanners takes some practice since you’re putting the tan on your skin. Beginners might be dissuaded but if you’re eager to get your tan without putting yourself in harm’s way, self tanners are a great improvement from the conventional methods of tanning.
One good thing about self tanning is you can incorporate natural ingredients to darken your tone, from coffee to cocoa powder or organic self tanners such as Thermalabs, you’re assured that you’re also nourishing your skin