Having a tan colored skin tone brings out the features of your body as well as boosts your sex-appeal. However, it’s not that easy to have a tan especially if you don’t know how to do it. There are many ways to get a tan fast and the results of it depend on how you do it and if you did it properly. Here are some ways to get that glowing bronzed body in no time.
Do it naturally
- Choose a lotion or oil (whichever suits you) with low SPF for a fast tan as well as protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Apply the lotion or oil of choice before sunbathing.
- Get naked to even out the tan color throughout your skin.
- Choose the spot where there is direct sunlight in order to speed up the tanning process (you can do it while dipping in water as well).
- After getting the right color you want, moisturize your body frequently by using products that’s purposed for that.
Get a fake tan
- Choose your method. You can either choose to use fake tanners or spray tan. I suggest you avoid the sun beds as it could be very dangerous for your skin.
- Choose the product that suits your method. For fake tanners, you can choose from a variety of products like oils, creams and lotions found at Thermalabs. If you plan on spray tanning, better find a complete set of equipment for doing just that.
- Be sure to shave body hair before undergoing the process of self-tanning.
- Exfoliate beforehand to improve the speed of tanning and enhance results.
- Apply the desired product. For fake tanners, be sure to read the labels of the product before doing anything. You can even watch tutorials in the internet with the desired product. For spray tans, make sure to choose a wide area where you can spray freely. Cover the floor with newspapers to protect it from getting stained. When spraying, be sure to apply evenly throughout your body.
After tanning process is completed, moisturize your body every day to prolong the effect on your skin.
Let’s face it, most of us wants a beautiful tan. Summer time is sunbathing time and exposing your skin to the sun is good because it is a source of vitamin D. However, overexposure to the sun’s harmful rays damages your skin. Don’t fret. With the introduction of self-tanners, you can still get that nice tan even with minimal exposure to the sun. Here are some of the best natural self-tanning oils with their equivalent SPF (Sun Protection Factor) that you can use and is readily available.
SPF 2-8. Coconut oil is rich in fatty acid and is good for those who have sensitive skin.
Wheat Germ Oil
SPF 20. Wheat germ oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E which helps smoothen your skin and free from wrinkles.
SPF 2-10. Rich in vitamin E which helps your skin moisturized and feel softer.
SPF 4-15: Avocado oil contains rich fatty acids which helps keep dry skin moisturized.
SPF 4-6. Sesame oil is rich in vitamins D, E and B complex. It is an effective skin moisturizer and also makes your skin softer.
SPF 6. Lavender oil helps keep the skin from aging. It has anti-bacterial properties which helps heal wounds specially damages skin due the harmful UV rays of the sun.
SPF 15. Hazelnut oil contains rich fatty acids and vitamin E. Both helps moisturize your skin and keep it soft and smooth.
Create a mixture of these oils using coconut oil as your base (about 70-80% of the total volume). Remember, always exfoliate or do some body scrub at least 12-24hrs before applying these home-made natural tanning oils to remove dead skin cells to make them more effective. Also, most of these tanning oils are mild sun-protectants so you might want to try several mixtures first to find out which will best work for your skin type.
Did you know that it is far better to have your nail polish on before a tanning session? Even if you have acrylic nails or a gel manicure before you start using spray tan on your skin, the spray tan will not affect your nails. The reason for this is because nails and toenails will be cleaned at the end of the spray tan session which prevents your nails from getting stained.
Keep in mind that it will be a better experience for you to get your face or body waxed prior the tanning session. Also refrain from waxing after a spray tan or before your first shower. In addition to this, make sure that threading and waxing procedures of eyebrows and lips should be accomplished before the tanning session too. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong if you want your eyebrows plucked after your tanning session while threading can be done after your first shower after your tanning session.
When exfoliating, make sure to use non-oil based, gritty scrub or a loofah before your tanning session. The last thing that you want is to have uneven patches on your skin due to dead skin residue. Also limit your shaving after your tanning session because shaving is also a form of exfoliation though shaving after the initial shower should not pose a problem.
As a final note with regard to skin and nail care, eyelash extension also does not cause any unpleasant experiences. However, make sure that you apply them before the tanning session or apply them during the same day as the tanning session provided that they are done before the actual session.
When it comes to caring for your tanned skin, the key is to keep it moisturized. And even if you have a darker skin than usual, make sure to use sunblock when going out. Moisturizing lotion with high SPF is a good choice since it gives you sun protection and moisturizing effect at the same time.
A lot of people have already moved from getting their skin bronzed through sun bathing to visiting tanning salons and an even bigger number of people going for self –tanning products for convenience and to lessen the risk of damaging their skin through repeated exposure to harmful UV rays. But did you know that you have the opportunity to retain a healthy tanning lifestyle by opting for organic tanning solutions?
Utilizing an organic spray tan ensures that you do not get any wrinkles, rashes, skin irritation and other skin problems in the process. Through organic spray tanning, it keeps the moisture of the skin intact while repairing damaged skin cells thanks to organic spray tan products consisting mostly of organic ingredients. It does not contain synthetic colors, parabens, alcohol, oil, perfume, odor or any form of chemicals or preservatives which can be harmful to your skin that other spray tan products have as part of their ingredients.
In addition to these facts, organic spray tan solutions do not have any odor and creates tan that lasts longer and that fade more evenly. It also conceals cellulite and blemishes which help beautify your skin. Organic tan spray products also cost the same as their non-organic counterparts on the market which makes them a more attractive option especially for those who are conscious about their skin’s health. It is only a matter of time before tanning enthusiasts switch to the much safer organic spray tan.
To get started with spray tanning, find a tanning machine with real value. Here are some of the popular professional tanning system:
- Eleuthera Spray Tanning Machine
- Exuma Spray Tanning Machine
- Mayaguana Spray Tanning Machine
- Inagua Airbrush Machine
- Samana Airbrush Machine
Achieve a flawless tan this season and dress up for the parties. And if you are feeling generous, you can even pick one of the tanning machines above as a gift to your tanning addict friend.