Trying to get a tan is one of the goals when it comes to sunbathing. While we laze around for hours on end, there’s one thing we don’t want to get when we do our share of sunbathing. Sunburn is a common occurrence when one is not careful of their skin during sunbathing.
Sunburn happens when there’s no barrier to protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays. In fact, there are a lot of factors why one can still get sunburn despite trying to protect their skin. Here are some common scenarios why getting sunburnt during your sunbathing session is highly possible:
– The sunscreen your using may be too little and has a low SPF value. SPF means skin protecting factor which is the number of times the sunscreen can block the sun’s harmful rays from seeping to your skin. If you use barely enough sunscreen to cover your body, you’re bound to get a nasty burn as you bask under the sun. Another factor would be when you put on the sunscreen. It is optimal to dry the sunscreen on your skin before you go out. Your skin needs to absorb the concoction before it works.
– What time are you tanning? If you’re tanning during the midday to make the most out of the sun’s strongest rays, that’s surely a spell for disaster. From 11 in the morning to around 2 in the afternoon, the sun emits the deadliest rays. Not only is it sweltering hot but it is also very hazardous to your body. Your sunscreen may not be enough to block off the UV rays present during this time and can lead to very nasty burns after your sunbathing session. It’s best to tan lightly during these hours or try to set a strict time on how long you’re going to lie under this heat.
Tanning has becomes quite a very appreciating appeal to get on one’s appearance. While not foe everyone, tanned skin can easily hide any flaws while also providing you with an even skin tone. One of the most common ways that an individual can get their tanned skin is through sunbathing. This is the method of lying under the sun for hours on end to get the bronze hue. Normally, tanned skin is a side effect from being out in the beach or being an outside kind of a person.
Unfortunately, being out too often or soaking a lot of the sun’s UV rays is not good for your skin. In fact, skin cancer has rose to be the fourth most common cancer found worldwide. The UV rays caused a lot of damage to your cells and also provoke cancer. If you’re not consistently outside, you’re still at harm if you’re no careful.
Consistent tanning can lead to sunburns and premature aging of your skin. Sunburn are patches of skin that are heavily damaged to exposure to the sun. If you do not lather enough sunscreen or stay out too long during your sunbathing, sunburn can be a very painful experience.
Sun spots are also another effect of tanning. While most individuals call these age spots as they show up as we grow old, age spots are patches of skin getting discoloured by the sun. Tanning can inhibit the chances of getting more sun spots on your skin. These dark spots are hard to remove thus it’s a good idea to watch out on the hours of when you do sunbathing.
Lastly, too much sun can provoke a lot of skin ailments. If you have a bad case of acne, sunbathing isn’t going to solve that for you. Too much sun can cause the acne to enflame and worse, spread out. This is a common issue to various individuals during the summer where the sun shines its brightest.
Trying to look your best always comes with a certain hurdle. To some, it can be how to deal with the ever changing seasons or their lifestyle while others can boil it down to their skin type. There are numerous skin care products for various skin types. One of the most troublesome skin types is oily skin. You’re not sure if you’ve moisturized your skin enough or not. This is a common experience as most people think that oily skin is already moisturized as it is.
In order to sort this out, one good way would be to make use of a toner. Toners help in cleansing ones skin while also minimizing the size of one’s pores. Big pores can lead to higher chances of acne and blackheads so toners help sort out that matter. To avoid doing your skin a disservice, here are some homemade toners for oily skin:
– Cucumber Toner: Cucumber is cool to the skin while also providing a deep cleansing to your pores. Mix some cucumber with water as an astringent and apply to your skin as needed. Use as a spray to freshen up your face.
– Aloe Vera Toner: Aloe Vera is the topmost option for moisturizing. Not only is this an organic moisturizer but aloe vera also soothes burned skin be it wind burns or sunburns. Thus this kind of toner is ideal for the windy days or during summer.
– Green Tea Toner: If you’re a fan of having green tea, that’s great. Not only do you provide your body with an extra dose of antioxidants, you’re also putting more hydration in. As a toner, it helps in maintaining healthy skin. It locks in moisture while also keeping wrinkles away.
– Ice cold water Toner: Surprisingly, ice cold water can do a lot of wonders to one’s skin. Not only does it minimize the size of pores, it can also sort out any inflammations on one’s skin.
There are a lot of ways to take good care of one’s skin. Ranging from numerous skin care products to what you should do take better care of your skin. With how advanced our world is, it’s not surprising that we have a list of items that can aid us in taking better care of ourselves. While there are numerous things we can do to bolster up our looks, there are some things we can still do to avoid harming our skin in the long run.
If you would like to avoid doing harm to your skin, here are some tips that are worth remembering:
– Avoid being out in the sun too long. The sun’s UV rays are harmful in extended periods of time. It’s advisable to stay in the shade, as well as putting on some sunscreen to ensure you don’t damage your skin while you’re outside.
– Don’t sweat the small stuff. Stress plays a very big role on your body. Too much stress can cause a lot of problems which are quickly manifested on your skin. Too much stress can cause dry skin, a dull pallor and even an unhealthy look. If you especially skimp on your sleep, that’s going to bring you more chances of skin ailments or trigger any allergies in a stronger manner.
– Watch what you eat. Indulging too much on the sweets can promote the occurrence of pimples and other skin ailments. If you happen to eat less meat, you’re depriving your skin of amino acids which is vital in giving your skin a healthy glow. Make great use of a balanced diet can help aid your body, especially your skin to look at its best. Try to deviate from all the processed goods to keep your skin in top condition.
With the season getting colder and colder, not everyone can appreciate a good look. The cold tends to dry our skin out which is an inefficient palette for makeup. With little to do with our face, some individuals can feel incomplete without having a little bit of coverage on their skin.
While there are some methods to adhere makeup to one’s skin, it can be quite the hefty price. Another matter would be, certain make up brands can’t cater to every skin tone especially with how the weather works out.
If you’re hoping to find a more cost efficient way to get your make up done, you can make good use of self tanners. Normally, self tanners are used to change one’s skin tone without having to go through the arduous labor of lying under the sun or soaking the ultraviolet rays of a tanning bed. However, if you’re a more lucrative person, self tanners can still be used as an alternative to make up.
Self tanners act like lotion but they can also be a kind of concealer. Since self tanners provide coverage to your skin, you can easily hide the flaws of your body without doing extra effort. Tanning has always been a way to hide one’s flaws however self tanners make it a much easier approach since you can target the areas where the tan should go.
Another way that self tanners work as makeup is contouring. Normally, we rely on bronzers and highlighters to get the nice defined look. With self tanners, we need only to apply a much darker shade to certain areas and build up from there. One good reason you should make use of self tanners as an alternative to bronzers is that they are semi-permanent thus you won’t need to re-apply your contours every day.
Sensitive skin can be quite a hurdle to overcome. There’s just so much to consider before using anything and even after those hypoallergenic skin care products, you still need to be aware of what you should do. When it comes to self tanning, individuals who have sensitive skin may have a hard time on how to take care of their tan without causing a breakout from chemicals or allergens in various skin care products.
Not to worry, here are some tips to consider as a skin care regimen for those with sensitive skin.
Firstly, it’s best to make use of a hypoallergenic self tanner. This may be hard to find but if you rely on self tanners that make use of organic ingredients, this can help you get self tanned skin. Items with organic sources tend to lessen the chances of allergic reactions thus you can rely on self tanners, such as those from Thermalabs, for your self tanning needs.
Now that your self tanning has been sorted out, make use of natural moisturizers to keep your skin from drying. Dry skin can easily ruin a good tan. Normally, you’d want to avoid moisturizers, creams or even lotions that have retinol in them as they can erase your self tan. However, you can make use of aloe vera to provide hydration to your skin. Another way to keep your skin in good condition is to consistently drink water. A good amount of water in your system will greatly affect your skin.
Avoid using the same moisturizer for your face and body, your face has a very sensitive set of skin cells so try to make use of a gentler moisturizer to keep it from drying out. If you’re curious, certain products such as those incorporating thermal spring and aloe vera based moisturizers are great for your face.
Trying to look your best for any occasion is one of the best ways to feel better with one’s self. There are numerous ways to enhance how you look. From makeup to various alterations, there’s a lot of ways to change how you look. We don’t want to drastically change our appearance but if you’re hoping to enhance your look, you can make good use of self tanners.
Tanning has become quite a beauty complement to a lot of individuals and it’s not surprising that many individuals seek it out. Self tanners are the better option as they do not cause you any harm while applying it. Another food for thought is how they are easily removed if you don’t want to have tanned skin.
Self tanners are a great way to hide a lot of flaws. If you are someone who’s unhappy with freckles or various flaws on your body, it could even be uneven skin tone, self tanners are a great asset to work with. Much like how concealers work, self tanners give you coverage for your flaws. If you have scars or uneven skin, you can also sort that out with self tanners. A good thing with self tanners is how they add a certain appeal while not overdoing it.
Another perk of benefit of using self tanners is you can shape how your body works. If you’re one who uses bronzers, think of self tanners as a body-friendly bronzer which lasts longer than your trusty make up. Contouring and accentuating your assets is an effect that self tanners can provide.
One of the great things about self tanner is they provide you a better splash of color without having to damage your skin in the process. You can also enjoy a longer sun-kissed look for any season thus you can tailor your clothing and color palette of your clothes to your kind of tan.
To begin with, let’s talk about what is body butter first. It is actually a moisturizer which usually contains essentials oils with the combinations of emollients, which makes your skin feels soft; humectants, which attracts water to the skin cells; and occlusive, which help to minimize the water loss in the skin and etc.
Body butters are good for the skin. In fact, many massage therapists preferred to use this product over lotions, creams or massage oils. It is good specially dry areas of the skin elbows, feet and heels because it absorbs faster. Also, due to its thickness that quickly penetrates the area it becomes more beneficial to the skin. In addition, it nourishes and hydrates the skin even longer compared to lotion. If you are frequently use body butter products, you should have noticed the changes in your skin. Another thing is, it safeguards the skin from the toxic elements. Body butter also contains fatty acid, vitamin A, C and E which is really good if you want to have a healthy skin. Moreover, you can use the body butter as a callous remover. Just, apply an ample amount in your feet after you bath and give your feet a massage specially the thick area. In the next day, get a callous scraper to remove the thick skin.
There are countless kinds of body butters in the market. The most effective body butters are those made up of plant-based, organic and natural kinds because these will nourish your skin without irritations. In odder to distinguish them, look for products that are made with cold-pressed, unrefined and crude ingredients. In contrast, avoid using body butter products with these harmful ingredients – BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole), DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance + Parfum, Parabens, Retinyl Palmitate and Triethanolamine.
How do you take good care of your skin? In order to keep your skin healthy and glowing you have to know the essential use of the moisturizer. What are the benefits that you can get from it? You know that your body is made up of 75% water which helps you maintain hydrated and your blood to function properly. However, when the body gets dehydrated specially at night when it is under “repair mode” or if you have a low intake of water, this makes your skin become dry and dull. In addition, as you get older your skin become saggy and more vulnerable to various skin problems.
If you are regularly applying a moisturizer onto your face it will prevent your skin from having a skin problems; increase your water content by decreasing it’s evaporation; it also protects us form UV light because it contains sunscreen; and not only that, it will also give you a fresh and a younger look if you continuously using it. Moisturizers are made up of “occlusive” which helps prevent the water loss in the skin, “humectants” which attracts water to the skin cells, and “emollients” which smoothens your dry and flaking skin. In addition, moisturizer aids your problem in reducing the appearance of your fine lines and wrinkles. It also makes your skin invigorated and firm and supply vital vitamins and nutrients directly onto the skin.
In treating your skin dryness, choose a moisturizer that is heavier and oil-based and for oily skin it’s best prescribe to buy a water-based moisturizer. Or else, if you want to use a moisturizer but your skin is sensitive (skin rashes, itching or redness) use a moisturizer that contains comforting ingredients like aloe vera. One more thing, when you do buy a moisturizer consider the quality of the product.
When it comes to sunbathing, most individuals find their way along the beach. It’s not surprising as most sunbathing is done by the beach. While it’s not the only possible place to do this activity, it’s one of the most common activities along the shoreline. If you’re someone who can’t drive their way to the beach but badly want some sunbathing to be done, not to worry. There are various places to do your share of sunbathing provided you follow these tips to make the most of that experience:
- Choose a specific spot with no coverage. This means you’re going to need an area where trees or even buildings don’t get in the way. Having trees is going to cause shadows which in turn give you an uneven tan. Not only that but you’ll have to spend more time under the sun since you’re not giving your skin an equal amount of sun to get its share of tan.
- Make use of tanning oils, it’s best to go natural on this one. Tanning oils speed up the process of tanning your skin thus makes less time being under the sun. If you’re not sure of what tanning oil to use, you can rely on the simple olive oil and coconut oils. While these oils help give your skin the tan it needs, there’s still the added bonus of keeping your skin nourished while you lay under the sun.
- Time is essential to sunbathing. Time determines how long you’re going to stay under the sun as well as what time you should be tanning. Normally, most individuals choose to tan during the afternoon where the sun is more consistent. This also means they have a definite time frame since lunch hours are too hazardous and you can’t really tan at night.