Having a dewy face is one of the common ways to look fresh and beautiful. Achieving dewy skin can sound very difficult but it’s not that hard to get it. If you would like to have better looking skin, the best way to do it would be to incorporate better skin care regimens that can help your skin out. If you want to add some spice to how you look, getting a dewy face helps you out. Makeup is one way to get this look but you can’t always rely on makeup to keep looking fresh. Thus, here are some tips to getting the dewy appeal without relying on cosmetics:
– Drink plenty of water. Normally, we’d have our share of eight glasses of water or even less. Water plays a very important role in keeping your body well-hydrated which would also reflect on how supple your skin is. Having a well-hydrated body can give a nice skin complexion which is an excellent palette to work around with in getting a dewy face.
– Sleep is a very important task in keeping great skin. If you skip on the right amount of Z’s which is at least 8 hours a day, you’re going to end up having a bad set of eyebags as well as unsavory looking skin. A bad sleeping habit is also going to spell a lot of harm to your body, so you want to avoid punishing your body day by day. Set an alarm when you need to sleep to make it a habit of getting eight hours’ worth of rest.
– Use coconut oil as a buffer and a highlighter. Oils are great to provide that dewy look, even more so when they are natural. Using coconut oil can help provide your skin with moisture as well as provide an instant glow to your skin
Body scrubs can be quite an odd concept to work around with. While we are young, our skin pushes out the layer of impurities from our body. However, as we grow older, our skin can no longer accommodate that. We should be more keen to exfoliate our skin once we hit our late 20’s or early 30’s. Normally, we make use of market ready body scrubs to aid us but there are some natural body scrubs that can work wonders. In fact, it’s more ideal to make use of natural body scrubs since this can help us remove the impurities on our body while also keeping it in tip top condition.
Here are some natural body scrubs you can use:
– Brown sugar is a great scrub. While sugar crystals may sound like a very abrasive item to put on your skin, it’s actually a good exfoliating agent. You can mix some honey or milk to soften it a bit then rub against your skin. This will keep your skin smooth.
– Oatmeal is also a great choice to scrubbing off the impurities on your skin. You can enjoy soft skin after using oatmeal as a means to remove dirt. Oatmeal is great for individuals with sensitive skin as it is not harsh and also leaves the skin moisturized.
– Loofa is a natural body scrub. Its not normally sold in stores but its actually a dried fruit. Its a good practice to let it dry outside of the bathroom to prevent bacteria and fungi from growing on it.
These are the most common choices of natural body scrubs. Adding honey into the mix can make your exfoliating session antibacterial and can help ease any inflamed skin. Its also good practice to conduct each body scrubbing at most twice a week and to provide good intervals in between each scrubbing.
Beauty products can be all the rage to enjoying a good pampering for your skin. While there’s a lot of items that one can enjoy on the market, it’s important to be vigilant on the items you put on your skin. Individuals with very sensitive skin can have quite a hard time to various chemicals. At times, the chemicals incorporated in various skin care products can turn out to be quite harmful for your skin. Here are some of them that you’d want to avoid:
– Coal tar. This ingredient is commonly found in various cosmetics. This is a carcinogen that is banned in Europe. That fact alone should be quite alarming since it’s banned in one continent. To be quite specific, this product raises the chances of getting cancer from consistent use.
– Formaldehyde. This ingredient can be found in some shampoos, makeup and even hair dyes. Formaldehyde or chemicals that release it can cause allergies, liver problems and even immune system toxicity. If you have sensitive skin, even a small dose of formaldehyde can cause rashes, blistering and other known allergic reactions.
– Mineral oil. You’d be surprised to know that this ingredient can be found in a lot of moisturizers. Moisturizers are supposed to cater to your skin’s well-being but if you purchase a moisturizer with this ingredient, it can cause a lot of issues. Mineral oil is an ingredient of petroleum and can leave your skin feeling like a plastic wrap. It can aggravate acne and even speed up aging.
– Paraben. This ingredient is found on a lot of skin care products that you might single out only a few without it. Paraben has been linked to the cancer and can cause a lot of hormonal damage that can be a big factor to women.
Keeping one’s skin in their top condition is a struggle to achieve with how hectic our day to day lives can be. Normally, we’d rely on various skin care products to be able to achieve great skin. However, how our skin looks can also be due to what we eat. If we constantly put in junk food in our body, we put it at risk to a lot of maladies. A good way around this would be to take in some greens or fruit. We can start with some fruit to add to our day to day meals.
Thus said, here are some fruits to help keep your skin healthy:
– Avocados are great sources of natural fat. This kind of fat differs from the usual fat we have from meat since plant fat is more beneficial to our bodies. Consistently eating avocados can help keep our skin supple and glowing.
– Tomatoes are considered fruits, contrary to the popular belief. Each plump tomato provides a lot of vitamin C which can help keep your skin glowing. The high value of lycopene also promotes your skin’s defense against the sun. It’s no wonder tomatoes are usually grown during summer.
– Orange peels or any peels for that matter have their share of benefits for your skin. Usually we’d throw away all the peels before eating our share of fruiting. However, adding some zest or even eating candied peels can help our skin out. It’s been found that consuming peels can provide us better protection against melanoma, which is a very aggressive form of skin cancer.
– Kiwi may be small but it can give you 12% of the much-needed daily intake of vitamin C. Consuming a lot of kiwis will lessen the presence of wrinkles and dryness of your skin.
Water is a fundamental part of our existence. With our bodies comprising to 80% water, we need our share of it every day. We need water to get through the daily grind. With days getting warmer and warmer, water is a very important aspect that we must keep in hand when summer comes.
They said that you need to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. That concept is quite true as a dehydrated individual can’t accomplish a lot of things. Summer has a heat that can wear us down as the day goes on and water can sort that weariness out. If you aren’t familiar with the pros of drinking a good amount of water on a summer day, here are things that can make you consider to start doing so:
– Sweat cools our body down. When we work out, we tend to sweat a lot. This is our body’s mechanism to keep it cool. Excreting a lot of sweat means you’ll need to drink a lot of water. If you’re low on water on a hot day, this can lead to a lot of harm and even make you collapse from dehydration.
– On warmer days, it makes breathing quite difficult to achieve. This can be due to the heat the air has or how stuffy it can be. Drinking water can help abate the breathlessness. Water helps provide oxygen to your bloodstream, distributing them across your body thus giving you an ‘extra breath’ once you finish drinking a glass.
– As was said earlier the heat can easily wind you down, drinking lots of water can help keep you in tip-top condition. In fact, drinking a little over 8 glasses a day can help your skin stay supple under the summer heat. Though, that shouldn’t be enough to count as protection against the sun’s rays.
With the days getting warmer and warmer, it’s time to show off a little bit more skin to avoid being too stuffy in your own clothes. Summer is a drastic change from the chilly winds of spring. With the sun up high and the clouds letting the rays through for most of the day, it’s not surprising to find a lot of individuals basking under the warmth of the sun.
Sunbathing is a common trend during summer and if you’d want to get on that bandwagon, it’s always a great idea to prep your skin. Sunbathing is no joke and should be taken seriously; being too lax with it can lead to various dangerous circumstances that you’d best want to avoid.
Before getting your share of sunbathing done, make sure to change your moisturizers and creams for this hot season. The skin care products you’ve been using for spring won’t help you out for summer. It’s always good practice to purchase skin care products once a season is nearing its close.
To ease out the chances of ruining your tan, exfoliate before you bask under the sun. Exfoliating gives way to younger skin that can easily tan under the sun. Younger skin is also a good palette for tan to adhere to since the tan can last longer than skin that wasn’t buffed beforehand. You can also do your waxing at least two days before sunbathing for a much smoother appeal.
For the actual sunbathing itself, make use of tanning oils to expedite the presence of tan on your skin. Oils such as olive oil and coconut oil make great tanning oils. This also lessens the time you spend under the sun. You don’t want to loiter under the sun for hours on end just to get your summer glow.
Looking great can be achieve through various ways. At times, a great skin care regimen can do a lot of aid to our look. One of the most commonly appraised part of our body is our legs. It’s not surprising as there’s quite an appeal to having good legs. Normally, one of the ways to achieve great looking legs is through waxing them to make sure that any body hair is out of the way. No one really wants to flaunt around hairy legs.
Another way to make sure your legs look good is to keep them well taken cared of. During warmer seasons or even days when the sun is shining intensely, you’ll want to lather some sunscreen to keep your skin protected. This also prevents sunburn from happening. A well moisturized skin also fends off the chances of getting dry skin which can make your legs unsightly. It’s a good practice to put some cream or lotion right after taking a bath to provide the optimal moisture for your skin.
If you’d like to have an even skin tone for your skin, tanning is a great choice to balance the skin color out. While tanning can be done through sunbathing and indoor tanning, opt for the healthiest option which is self tanning. Self tanning does not make use of UV rays thus you aren’t putting yourself in further harm just to get a great tan. Self tanning can be a daunting approach to getting one’s tan due to how complicated it can be but it’s a very rewarding method.
Once you get your self tan, you’ll need to be wary about the skin care products that you used. Always avoid those that have retinol or else you’ll end up erasing your tan while trying to take care of it.
It’s been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While that can be argued, makeup is one of the better ways to make yourself look more beautiful. It’s a custom that has long been appraised in the earlier centuries. If in the past, individuals found makeup as a means to look beautiful, why not now?
With the various innovations to makeup, there’s a lot of ways to look better with the aid of makeup. However, there are just some foolproof techniques that anyone can use on themselves to look better.
One of the most commonly decorated parts of your face is your eyes. Make sure to use a good contrast with your eyelids and your overall skin. Normally you’d opt for darker tones but use lighter ones as they are more enticing to look. Another tip to consider is to line the outer area of your eye with dark waterproof eyeliner. This gives emphasis which makes your eyes standout more.
Normally we’d make use of shiny lipstick to give our do the finale. Opt for a less shiny do or a matte lipstick. While shine does give quite an appeal, a matte lipstick can provide that sultry look while also giving you an air of authority. Nobody misses out on a good matte lipstick with a smoky set of eyes.
Blush on is a universal approach to putting some color to your skin. It works with anyone and for any occasion. It’s a good idea to be familiar with the right kind of blush for your skin type and tone or else you’re going to look cartoony with a very striking color on your cheeks. For good measure, brush the blush on along your cheek bones as this emphasizes your cheeks thus giving a much smaller but sharp face.
Sunbathing is one of the most beloved activities to do when the warmer days come in. Nowadays, the beach isn’t the only place to get your share of sunbathing; it can be done in an open area in the park or even your own backyard. While a lot of individuals can spend hours on end lying about and basking as much of the sun as they could, you’re putting your skin under further harm. Despite moving out of the sun’s rays, your skin is still under a lot of harm thus you want to do some tender loving aftercare to ensure your skin is healthy after sunbathing.
Once you get under a shade, drink some water. It’s important to replenish your liquids. That said; avoid bathing in hot water after sunbathing. Not only does this cause more discomfort but it will also dry your skin up. Dry skin means a lot of inconvenience as well as ruining your tan. If you’re at home run a cold shower to cool your skin and drink a good amount of cool water. If you’re by the beach, take a quick dip. Good skin can be achieved by giving your skin a breather from the sun’s harsh rays.
In order to maintain healthy tanned skin, you’ll want to incorporate moisturizers in your routine. Moisturizers are very vital to one’s skin since they aid your skin on locking in the needed nutrients especially after sunbathing. You can take a cool bath and lather some lotion and moisturizers on your face. A daily cream can also bolster your skin and make your tan look healthy and glowing. You can also make use of natural versions of moisturizers such as aloe vera. Lather some aloe vera to your skin and let it sit for a while before rinsing off with cool water.
Trying to keep beautiful skin is one the hurdles of a busy life. At times we tend to forget to take better care of ourselves that we end up looking too worse for wear. Smooth skin is one of the best ways to show that you’re taking care of yourself. There’s a lot of hazards that can harm our skin and even our lifestyle can determine how we look.
With the changing seasons, trying to maintain good skin can be tricky. However, there are some very easy ways to keep your skin smooth without having to worry about the climate.
– Firstly, you’ll want to keep yourself hydrated. Keeping your liquid intake at least eight glasses a day helps keep your body in tip top condition. It’s been noted that drinking less can be a reason why one has dry skin.
– Don’t go for hot showers during the colder months. Hot showers can dry your skin easily so go for warm showers instead.
– Check the material and chemicals on your clothing and perfumes. Certain chemicals can inhibit skin conditions, especially those with sensitive skin, thus it’s always handy to check out the chemicals used and applied on your day to day items.
– Watch what you eat. If it’s winter, you may want to take in more fat. Fat helps keep your skin supple and smooth during the colder temperatures. Skipping on the greasy food can help keep your skin in good condition as well. Being mindful of what you take in can greatly affect your body especially your skin.
– Make use of creams or moisturizers to help keep your skin well hydrated. Try to choose skin care products that aid in locking in moisture while also keeping it smooth. It’s good practice to apply creams and lotions right after a bath to get the most out of moisturized skin.