Exfoliation is a very important step to keeping good skin and keeping a good tan. In fact, any good skin care regimen involves exfoliating to really keep great skin. There’s really no difference between light or dark skin when it comes to exfoliating. However, here are some tips on how you can do a good exfoliation.
- Exfoliating skin care products are common in the market but there are some natural means to exfoliate such as oatmeal and honey or buttermilk. Oatmeal is good in removing the topmost layer of dead skin cells but also leaving your skin moisturized. Buttermilk can effectively lighten your skin but it is also a softer approach to removing any dirt and impurities that have clung to your skin.
- You can also make use of some common exfoliating items such as a loofa, an exfoliating mitt and etc. These items are good for your skin if you don’t exfoliate often. One word of caution, overdoing on exfoliation can leave your skin dry, damaged or very sensitive. Normally, you’d want to gently rub the exfoliating mediums on your skin in a circular motion to make sure that you have thoroughly exfoliated your body.
- In some cases, individuals would use some wash cloth to exfoliate their skin. This is more common when an individual want to exfoliate a large area of skin. Exfoliation is a great way to relax for exam especially after a long day of being out.
It’s important to limit the time you do your exfoliation at most twice a week. In most cases, it’s actually better to exfoliate once every two weeks. This gives your skin time to be able to adjust to the environment and avoid being too sensitive. There’s also the concept of over-exfoliating where it leaves your skin very sensitive thus being more susceptible to the elements.
Having a good skin care regimen is very important to make sure that your skin retains its tip-top condition. Normally, you’d rely on skin care products that are readily available on the market. If you’re tight on the budget or hoping for more natural means to get better skin, there are some home ingredients that you can use to concoct a face mask.
Soft skin is something we miss out when we get older thus here are some home ingredients you can use to make a softening face mask.
- Milk and oatmeal. Oatmeal is a great way to keep your skin moisturized while milk helps in keeping it in a lighter tone. If you mix both of these ingredients together into a pasty consistency, you can easily apply it to your skin. Careful not to rub it too much or else you’ll end up exfoliating your skin. Due to the high moisturizing factor of oatmeal and milk, this mask can aid in softening your skin.
- Instead of milk, you can also mix oatmeal with some water until it becomes damp. Add in some yogurt, honey and one egg white into the oatmeal. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and apply to your face. Honey is great in sorting out any inflammations while also being antibacterial. Egg white is high in protein thus aiding your skin to remain soft and supple. Apply to your face and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- You can also mix some mashed bananas with a bit of honey and apply to your skin. True, you might think this sounds like a dessert instead of a face mask but bananas can help keep your skin soft by locking in moisture. Leave the banana mask for at least 10 minutes before rinsing off.
When it comes to tanned skin, it can be daunting to put on some makeup. While inexperienced makeup artists will tell you that self tanned skin is hard to work with, it’s actually not that hard. In order to enjoy a great look, you’ll need to be familiar with how self tanned skin works. To avoid ruining your self tan, it’s best to avoid products that contain retinol. This chemical can easily erase the tanned tone thus ruining your hard work on getting a good tan.
In order to make the most out of your tanned skin, you have to be familiar with the type of tan that you have. Do you have warm or cold tone? This tone can really determine the type of makeup you’ll be working with. If you aren’t familiar with your undertone, your makeup can be a disaster.
Another tip to consider would be to tailor your look to the occasion you’re going to be attending. You don’t want to overdo your makeup for a simple office meeting, right? Although there’s nothing wrong in being a little extra, sometimes how you look can make or break what you do.
Despite your tanned skin, don’t use too much light tones. Just because you want to make good use on highlighting your contour, it’s never a good idea to overdo on too much light makeup from your palette. Balance out the light and dark tones to make sure your makeup isn’t overdone. Additionally, try to make use of your self tanner as a bronzer. Having used your self tanner can lessen the time spent on contouring your skin thus try to contour your skin when you put on your self tanner. This can also help you become more familiar on which spots need to be highlighted and which spots need a little bit of flair to change how you look.
Tanning is a lucrative way to look your best without doing anything to drastic. It can be done in various methods, namely sunbathing, indoor and self tanning. No matter what method of tanning you use, it can be very inconvenient to encounter some mishaps. We can stress out the small stuff but there’s no need to. Here are some kitchen solutions to help you remedy some tanning problems.
– If you have some self tanning mishaps, sorting those out can be quite frustrating. A good way to remove these would be to make use of some lemon juice that has been slightly diluted with water. Lemon juice alone is very potent and can cause harm to your skin. Lightly dab the self tanning mishap by using a cotton ball. Once the area has lightened up, you can slowly dab the self tanner back until you get to the desired tone of tanned skin.
– If you want to get rid of your previous tan, exfoliating is the key. Normally you’d make use of a loofa or a body scrub to get this done. However, using some more natural options can be a great idea. If you want to maintain a healthy moisturized skin after removing your old tan, you can use oatmeal and some milk. Oatmeal is a good exfoliator without leaving your skin dry. Milk can easily lighten your skin and work hand in hand with oatmeal to keeping it moisturized.
– You can use some turmeric to sort out the uneven tone of your skin. Add some water to cup of turmeric and mix until it turns into a paste-like consistency. For optimal results you can mix cold curd instead of water. Apply to the affected skin and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is also a good skin relief for sunburns if you overdid some sunbathing.
Sunbathing is the very iconic approach to getting tanned skin. It’s the first and usual method to get a tan; if you discount swimming by the beach. At times, we don’t even do sunbathing along the shore; it can be done at the park or even in your own backyard.
Despite how straightforward sunbathing can be, there are still some mistakes that tanning addicts can encounter. To avoid these mishaps, here are some tips to follow:
- Sunburn is a common and painful result of sunbathing. It happens when you don’t put too much sunscreen before sunbathing or when the rays are too intense. To sort this out, make sure to purchase a wide spectrum sunscreen, this block both UVA and UVB rays. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sunbathing to make sure your skin has absorbed it. Re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours to make sure you don’t get any sunburn.
- One side can turn out darker than the other if you don’t flip often. Sometimes we get too comfortable on one side that we forget that we must evenly tan the other side too. It’s a good habit to rely on a timer to make sure that you evenly expose each side of your body to the sun. Another thing to consider is to take a break from time to time. Your skin needs to cool off and you’ll need to replenish the liquids in your body.
- Not being able to tan well can be a result of when you tan in the day and how long you stay under the sun. It’s practice to set a specific time of the day for tanning. The sun is more intense during the afternoon but the hours after lunchtime can be very punishing. Try to set at most three hours for sunbathing to make sure you don’t overdo. If you want to tan during morning, it’s still a good time but the rays during morning are usually mild.
Our skin can be easily damaged during the cold months. If you don’t take better care of your skin, you may experience a lot of skin ailments. To sort this out, you’ll want to rely on a good skin care regimen to be able to avoid getting to that result. While we have a lot of skin care products in the market, it’s always a good idea to make use of homebrew masks. You can not only guarantee a healthy approach to getting your skin better and well taken care of, you can also avoid the harmful chemicals that may be included in commercial products.
Homebrew masks can also be tailored to your skin type which can help you be more familiar of what works in taking care of your skin. If you want to be able to take better care of your skin without putting the extra hassle, here are some DIY masks that can help keep you skin pampered during the frigid months:
– Softer skin is achieved by keeping your skin well moisturized. Mix some avocado with a bit of honey and yogurt. Make sure you mash it until its consistency is pasty and apply to your face. Let it set for at least ten minutes or fifteen if you have more time to spare. Wash with warm water.
– Mix some honey, oatmeal and milk for a quick and soft face mask. Oatmeal is good in removing dead skin cells that have clung to your skin. Oatmeal also locks in moisture thus keeping your skin softer. Milk is great at keeping your skin moisturized while honey keeps your skin from being inflamed. You can apply this mask at night since it is soothing to your skin and a good approach to relaxing the skin of your face as well.
Having a dewy face is one of the common ways to look fresh and beautiful. Achieving dewy skin can sound very difficult but it’s not that hard to get it. If you would like to have better looking skin, the best way to do it would be to incorporate better skin care regimens that can help your skin out. If you want to add some spice to how you look, getting a dewy face helps you out. Makeup is one way to get this look but you can’t always rely on makeup to keep looking fresh. Thus, here are some tips to getting the dewy appeal without relying on cosmetics:
– Drink plenty of water. Normally, we’d have our share of eight glasses of water or even less. Water plays a very important role in keeping your body well-hydrated which would also reflect on how supple your skin is. Having a well-hydrated body can give a nice skin complexion which is an excellent palette to work around with in getting a dewy face.
– Sleep is a very important task in keeping great skin. If you skip on the right amount of Z’s which is at least 8 hours a day, you’re going to end up having a bad set of eyebags as well as unsavory looking skin. A bad sleeping habit is also going to spell a lot of harm to your body, so you want to avoid punishing your body day by day. Set an alarm when you need to sleep to make it a habit of getting eight hours’ worth of rest.
– Use coconut oil as a buffer and a highlighter. Oils are great to provide that dewy look, even more so when they are natural. Using coconut oil can help provide your skin with moisture as well as provide an instant glow to your skin
Body scrubs can be quite an odd concept to work around with. While we are young, our skin pushes out the layer of impurities from our body. However, as we grow older, our skin can no longer accommodate that. We should be more keen to exfoliate our skin once we hit our late 20’s or early 30’s. Normally, we make use of market ready body scrubs to aid us but there are some natural body scrubs that can work wonders. In fact, it’s more ideal to make use of natural body scrubs since this can help us remove the impurities on our body while also keeping it in tip top condition.
Here are some natural body scrubs you can use:
– Brown sugar is a great scrub. While sugar crystals may sound like a very abrasive item to put on your skin, it’s actually a good exfoliating agent. You can mix some honey or milk to soften it a bit then rub against your skin. This will keep your skin smooth.
– Oatmeal is also a great choice to scrubbing off the impurities on your skin. You can enjoy soft skin after using oatmeal as a means to remove dirt. Oatmeal is great for individuals with sensitive skin as it is not harsh and also leaves the skin moisturized.
– Loofa is a natural body scrub. Its not normally sold in stores but its actually a dried fruit. Its a good practice to let it dry outside of the bathroom to prevent bacteria and fungi from growing on it.
These are the most common choices of natural body scrubs. Adding honey into the mix can make your exfoliating session antibacterial and can help ease any inflamed skin. Its also good practice to conduct each body scrubbing at most twice a week and to provide good intervals in between each scrubbing.
Beauty products can be all the rage to enjoying a good pampering for your skin. While there’s a lot of items that one can enjoy on the market, it’s important to be vigilant on the items you put on your skin. Individuals with very sensitive skin can have quite a hard time to various chemicals. At times, the chemicals incorporated in various skin care products can turn out to be quite harmful for your skin. Here are some of them that you’d want to avoid:
– Coal tar. This ingredient is commonly found in various cosmetics. This is a carcinogen that is banned in Europe. That fact alone should be quite alarming since it’s banned in one continent. To be quite specific, this product raises the chances of getting cancer from consistent use.
– Formaldehyde. This ingredient can be found in some shampoos, makeup and even hair dyes. Formaldehyde or chemicals that release it can cause allergies, liver problems and even immune system toxicity. If you have sensitive skin, even a small dose of formaldehyde can cause rashes, blistering and other known allergic reactions.
– Mineral oil. You’d be surprised to know that this ingredient can be found in a lot of moisturizers. Moisturizers are supposed to cater to your skin’s well-being but if you purchase a moisturizer with this ingredient, it can cause a lot of issues. Mineral oil is an ingredient of petroleum and can leave your skin feeling like a plastic wrap. It can aggravate acne and even speed up aging.
– Paraben. This ingredient is found on a lot of skin care products that you might single out only a few without it. Paraben has been linked to the cancer and can cause a lot of hormonal damage that can be a big factor to women.
Keeping one’s skin in their top condition is a struggle to achieve with how hectic our day to day lives can be. Normally, we’d rely on various skin care products to be able to achieve great skin. However, how our skin looks can also be due to what we eat. If we constantly put in junk food in our body, we put it at risk to a lot of maladies. A good way around this would be to take in some greens or fruit. We can start with some fruit to add to our day to day meals.
Thus said, here are some fruits to help keep your skin healthy:
– Avocados are great sources of natural fat. This kind of fat differs from the usual fat we have from meat since plant fat is more beneficial to our bodies. Consistently eating avocados can help keep our skin supple and glowing.
– Tomatoes are considered fruits, contrary to the popular belief. Each plump tomato provides a lot of vitamin C which can help keep your skin glowing. The high value of lycopene also promotes your skin’s defense against the sun. It’s no wonder tomatoes are usually grown during summer.
– Orange peels or any peels for that matter have their share of benefits for your skin. Usually we’d throw away all the peels before eating our share of fruiting. However, adding some zest or even eating candied peels can help our skin out. It’s been found that consuming peels can provide us better protection against melanoma, which is a very aggressive form of skin cancer.
– Kiwi may be small but it can give you 12% of the much-needed daily intake of vitamin C. Consuming a lot of kiwis will lessen the presence of wrinkles and dryness of your skin.