Trying to keep beautiful skin is one the hurdles of a busy life. At times we tend to forget to take better care of ourselves that we end up looking too worse for wear. Smooth skin is one of the best ways to show that you’re taking care of yourself. There’s a lot of hazards that can harm our skin and even our lifestyle can determine how we look.
With the changing seasons, trying to maintain good skin can be tricky. However, there are some very easy ways to keep your skin smooth without having to worry about the climate.
– Firstly, you’ll want to keep yourself hydrated. Keeping your liquid intake at least eight glasses a day helps keep your body in tip top condition. It’s been noted that drinking less can be a reason why one has dry skin.
– Don’t go for hot showers during the colder months. Hot showers can dry your skin easily so go for warm showers instead.
– Check the material and chemicals on your clothing and perfumes. Certain chemicals can inhibit skin conditions, especially those with sensitive skin, thus it’s always handy to check out the chemicals used and applied on your day to day items.
– Watch what you eat. If it’s winter, you may want to take in more fat. Fat helps keep your skin supple and smooth during the colder temperatures. Skipping on the greasy food can help keep your skin in good condition as well. Being mindful of what you take in can greatly affect your body especially your skin.
– Make use of creams or moisturizers to help keep your skin well hydrated. Try to choose skin care products that aid in locking in moisture while also keeping it smooth. It’s good practice to apply creams and lotions right after a bath to get the most out of moisturized skin.
Sleep has been said to be a very beneficial task to our body. It’s not surprising since our body needs the time to recuperate. From keeping a healthy heart to making sure we don’t tire out through the day, sleep is very important. During our early childhood, we always saw sleep as a bane and try to avoid it. From adolescence to early adult years, we lived on the phrase “Sleep is for the week.” Unfortunately, skipping on the much needed Z’s can do a lot of damage to our body. In fact, our skin is one of the most obvious physical change when we lack a lot of sleep.
When you lack sleep, there’s an increase of inflammatory cells in your body. More of these cells can cause to break down on collagen and lessen the amount of hyaluronic acid. This acid helps give your skin the glow while collagen keeps the suppleness of your skin.
If you’re trying to slow down the aging process, get enough z’s. We’ve been told that when we lack sleep we look tired and older. It’s quite true since skipping on sleep can help speed up the aging process. We get darker rings around our eyes and even get more wrinkles if we constantly lack sleep. We also get a pale pallor and experience drier skin if we keep on skipping a good night’s sleep.
For those with skin ailments or those with sensitive skin, skipping on sleep will be a very bad habit for you. It’s been said that a lack of sleep increases the inflammation of skin diseases which can be uncomfortable and be a hassle to work with. In fact, the presence of psoriasis indicates a body inflammation and severe psoriasis can be a telltale sign to future heart problems.
Cancer is a growing issue in our society. It’s one of the diseases that has caused a lot of fatalities through the years thus it’s something that can’t be trifled around with. There are numerous ways to lessen the chance of getting cancer and it can be taxing to identify which is which. If you want to avoid getting cancer or lessen the probability of it happening in your life, here are some tips to consider:
- Your diet is one of the factors. While it’s not always true to everyone, what you eat does impact the chances of getting cancer. Consistently consuming fried, greasy or food-like items can lead to overweight and even harmful diseases such as cancer. For this case, it’s a good idea to switch to much cleaner means of nutrition such as fruits and vegetables. You can also cut down on the junk food.
- Your lifestyle also has a factor on your health. Aside from what you eat, if you consistently drink or consume something in excess will bite you back in the back. This is where moderation comes in. It’s important to help put a limit to the things you consume or take in your body.
- Exercise has been proven to help invigorate the body and lessen the chances of harmful diseases such as cancer. Exercise has always been praised as a means to help the body keep in shape. A simple thirty minute brisk walking everyday can already help your body out. Consistency is key after all.
- Take better care of your skin. Skin cancer has risen through the years due to copious absorption of the sun’s UV rays or tanning through indoor tanning. If you’d like to get your share of tanning done, why not consider self tanners as a healthier approach to getting your summer glow?
Tanning has gone through radical approaches. Be it through sunbathing, indoor tanning and many other methods to get a tan. With how advanced our technology is today, it’s not surprising to come across very odd and unlikely methods to get a tan. For now, we’ve got ourselves some tanning water to consider as another means of getting one’s tan. When one considers an alternative to sunbathing and indoor tanning, self tanning is the common answer. However, tanning water is a new addition to the list.
If you’re curious as to what it is, tanning water is a hydrating approach to self tanning. It is water laced with some chemicals to help you get your tanned skin. Contrary to self tanners, tanning water is spritz on your skin. However, you’ll still need to get your waxing and exfoliating beforehand to get the best out of the product.
Why does tanning water pale in comparison to self tanners? This is a new contender on the market. True it is very hydrating but the amount of tanning water you put on can be inconsistent. Due to its small size, a bottle can last for a shorter term compared to self tanners. Another thing to consider is how much you should spray to get the shade of tan that you need. There’s really no fine print on the spectrum that tanning water can give and if you aren’t careful, you might use too much of the product without achieving the tan you wanted.
Self tanner works well in this regard due to how efficient it can be. True, the numerous cons of streaking and staining can be a hassle but being keen on these points will help avoid them. One of the best self tanners to indulge into would be the Thermalabs brand due to how each self tanner under this flagship is concocted through natural means. If you truly want to get your healthy tan on, Thermalabs self tanners is a great way to achieve that.
Shea butter has been incorporated in numerous skin care products. We’ve always heard how good shea butter is and the various advantages but not in detail. While we can always vouch the numerous commercials and advertisements, it’s always a good idea to understand just how good shea butter is.
Much like aloe vera, shea butter is another choice for moisturizing your skin. However, unlike aloe vera, shea butter uses the natural fat to provide nourishment and moisture to your skin. Due to the high fat content, shea butter is a great way to sort out dry skin without also triggering allergens.
If you have a lot of inflamed acne or various skin ailments that are sensitive to the touch, shea butter is great aid in easing the inflammation out. Shea butter has lupeol cinnamate which is an anti-inflammatory chemical thus aids in inflammation and to sort out various skin mutations.
Because it is an organic material, shea butter can be used for babies and children. If you have sensitive skin, you can also benefit from using shea butter as a moisturizer day in and day out.
If you have wrinkly skin or perpetually dry skin, you can still use shea butter to aid in improving the collagen found in your skin. Continuous usage of shea butter can smoothen one’s skin aside from keeping it glowing and well-hydrated. Due to the high volume of collagen from using shea butter, your skin is much supple and stronger.
If you spend a lot of your time outdoors, you may want to lather some shea butter. It has been proven to protect your skin from sun damage due to sun exposure. It’s not an alternative to your trusty sunscreen since these lotions are crafted for protection. But if you’re just going out for a quick trip, some shea butter can do the trick.
If you are struggling to keep your skin healthy, then it’s about time to review your skincare regimen. Other than that, maybe you also have to adjust your lifestyle. Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
1. Drink lots of water
Without a doubt, drinking lots of water can make you healthy and not just your skin. Water is a much needed element for your body organs to function properly. And because skin is a large part of your body, you need more water everyday.
You need to have a good skin foundation if you are planning to get a tan. The healthier your skin, the easier it is to apply self tanner.
2. Eat healthy food
When we say healthy food, we are referring to fruits and vegetables. They have lots of vitamins and minerals that can help you cope with everyday stress and challenges.
3. Use organic skincare products
Remember, whatever you apply to your skin, it is being absorbed by your body. This is the reason why you have to stay from harmful chemicals. Go for natural ingredients and if you can make it on your own, then by all means to do it. There are lots of pins in Pinterest highlighting DIY masks and face scrubs recipes. Be sure to check them out and follow some depending on your skin types.
Relaxing can do good to your overall health. When you have a peaceful mind, your body will show it. The more you relax, the better you will feel. Visit a spa and get a relaxing massage. You can also have a getaway to spend some time with yourself or with your loved ones.
Achieving healthy skin won’t be easy without self discipline. Once you develop a good habit, please stick to it. Also, don’t forget the share the best stuff. If you learned something new, then let us know!
How you look is determined by a lot of factors such as how you dress yourself, your color scheme and most especially your skin. Your skin is the biggest organ of your body and it is also the most visual part. Lacking some sleep and skipping on some much needed nutrients can greatly affect how your skin turns out. In fact, even the environment does a big number on your skin.
If you want to maintain a healthy glow or take better care of your body, taking care of your skin can bring a lot of positive aspects into your life. Not only can you be more appreciative of your reflection but taking better care of yourself will also lead to a better perspective on your day to day activities. Not to drag this one, here are some tips you may want to follow to get healthier skin:
– Drink lots of water. When they say drink at least eight glasses of water, drink eight or even more. Keeping your body well hydrated not only helps in the bodily functions but it also helps in keeping your skin supple and avoid drying. Dry skin is susceptible to lesions and other damages so it’s best to avoid that. You can also put on some creams and lotions for better chances of keeping the hydration levels high. You can also make use of aloe vera for a healthier choice of moisturizing your skin.
– Get enough sleep. Rest is very important to your body. Not only does your brain slowly start to eat itself at the sheer lack of sleep but it’s also going to deal a lot of harm to your skin. Eye bags are one thing to worry but consistently skipping on a good amount of sleep will leave your pallor dull and increase the chances of skin ailments such as provoking eczema.
Sunbathing is still one of the methods that many individuals do to get their share of tanned skin. While it’s always a good practice to take breaks every time you do your sunbathing session, which goes without saying that you still do a lot of harm to your body in the process of doing so. You’d normally be worried with sunburn but did you know your hair is also placed in harm? If you don’t take better care of your hair after sunbathing, you’re going to end up with dry and brittle hair. That’s a really bad match to a tan you’ve worked hard to achieve.
Thus you’ll need to follow some of these post-sunbathing tips to make sure your hair makes the best complement to your summer glow:
– Rehydrate. While it doesn’t directly affect your hair, it’s enough to help your body cool down from the heat. It’s important to take it a good amount of fluids after sunbathing. The more you keep your body hydrated, the more luscious your hair becomes.
– Use conditioner and soothe your hair to cool water. Avoid putting your body directly to cold water as it’d cause a lot of problems. Try to cool down to ease the heat after hours of being under the sun. Use a conditioner that deeply treats your hair. Due to the sun’s constant assault, you want to avoid aggravating your hair further thus try to slowly massage the conditioner to your scalp. Let it sit for a bit before rinsing it off.
– You can use some hair masks. These hair care products help reinvigorate your hair and avoid it from going through a lot of damage while recuperating from the sunbathing session. If you want to go all-natural, you can make use of bananas, olive oil, eggs and even yogurt as hair masks.
Tanning has becomes quite a very appreciating appeal to get on one’s appearance. While not foe everyone, tanned skin can easily hide any flaws while also providing you with an even skin tone. One of the most common ways that an individual can get their tanned skin is through sunbathing. This is the method of lying under the sun for hours on end to get the bronze hue. Normally, tanned skin is a side effect from being out in the beach or being an outside kind of a person.
Unfortunately, being out too often or soaking a lot of the sun’s UV rays is not good for your skin. In fact, skin cancer has rose to be the fourth most common cancer found worldwide. The UV rays caused a lot of damage to your cells and also provoke cancer. If you’re not consistently outside, you’re still at harm if you’re no careful.
Consistent tanning can lead to sunburns and premature aging of your skin. Sunburn are patches of skin that are heavily damaged to exposure to the sun. If you do not lather enough sunscreen or stay out too long during your sunbathing, sunburn can be a very painful experience.
Sun spots are also another effect of tanning. While most individuals call these age spots as they show up as we grow old, age spots are patches of skin getting discoloured by the sun. Tanning can inhibit the chances of getting more sun spots on your skin. These dark spots are hard to remove thus it’s a good idea to watch out on the hours of when you do sunbathing.
Lastly, too much sun can provoke a lot of skin ailments. If you have a bad case of acne, sunbathing isn’t going to solve that for you. Too much sun can cause the acne to enflame and worse, spread out. This is a common issue to various individuals during the summer where the sun shines its brightest.
Trying to look your best always comes with a certain hurdle. To some, it can be how to deal with the ever changing seasons or their lifestyle while others can boil it down to their skin type. There are numerous skin care products for various skin types. One of the most troublesome skin types is oily skin. You’re not sure if you’ve moisturized your skin enough or not. This is a common experience as most people think that oily skin is already moisturized as it is.
In order to sort this out, one good way would be to make use of a toner. Toners help in cleansing ones skin while also minimizing the size of one’s pores. Big pores can lead to higher chances of acne and blackheads so toners help sort out that matter. To avoid doing your skin a disservice, here are some homemade toners for oily skin:
– Cucumber Toner: Cucumber is cool to the skin while also providing a deep cleansing to your pores. Mix some cucumber with water as an astringent and apply to your skin as needed. Use as a spray to freshen up your face.
– Aloe Vera Toner: Aloe Vera is the topmost option for moisturizing. Not only is this an organic moisturizer but aloe vera also soothes burned skin be it wind burns or sunburns. Thus this kind of toner is ideal for the windy days or during summer.
– Green Tea Toner: If you’re a fan of having green tea, that’s great. Not only do you provide your body with an extra dose of antioxidants, you’re also putting more hydration in. As a toner, it helps in maintaining healthy skin. It locks in moisture while also keeping wrinkles away.
– Ice cold water Toner: Surprisingly, ice cold water can do a lot of wonders to one’s skin. Not only does it minimize the size of pores, it can also sort out any inflammations on one’s skin.