Why do we really need to do skin exfoliation? Is this essential? Yes, exfoliating is a vital way of taking care of our skin. It’s like a deeper cleaning on the skin because barely washing with soap is not enough to clean it. In fact, skin peeling is a natural body process but in depends on how old is the person before it takes its peeling cycle. According to studies, when you are at your 20s, it takes an average of 14-25 days before the skin cell turns over. When you’re on 30s, it takes 30 days and when you’re on age of 40s, it takes 40 days before the outer cover of the skin change. And as people age, it goes slower and slower. Thus we need to help our skin by exfoliating.
The main reason of exfoliating is to remove the old and dead skin cells on the epidermis. This dirt when not removed, stays on the skin and creates blemishes and stains. Imagine a skin with blemishes. It looks dull and rough. And it causes forming of acne because it blocks the skin pores.
The best way to clean this is through skin exfoliation. Exfoliant works as a scrub to remove deep-seated dirt. There are so many ways on how to exfoliate. You can go to a dermatologist or go to spa to do the exfoliating for you. You can also buy skin exfoliating formula and apply it yourself. Or you can look around your house and use natural ingredients from your kitchen to exfoliate naturally. Here are only some of the few kitchen staples that can help you exfoliate naturally.
One of the top kitchen ingredients that helps in natural skin exfoliation is honey. Honey helps in speeding up the natural exfoliation and it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits which helps fight skin infection.
Yogurt exfoliates, hydrates and soothes the skin through its content lactic acid. It can be used by any skin type and can be applied on face and all over the body. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes then rinse.
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, a content used in expensive derma treatments to clean and exfoliate skin. Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste and apply to you skin. Wait for at least 20 minutes before rinsing.
Sugar has glycolic acid that helps in boosting skin regeneration. Mix sugar with olive oil to make a paste and apply on your face and body.
In order to have a great body, one of the best steps to do so would be to watch what you eat. Everything you eat impacts your body, along with the activities that you do in your day to day life. You might not notice it but food has a big impact on your skin. If you’re been skimping out on the good stuff, now’s a good time to change your diet plan.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it’s no surprised that you have to incorporate these types of food into your first meal to promote better skin:
- Omelet with an Italian flair. It’s no surprise to hear that an omelette can help your skin. Tomatoes, commonly used in an Italian style Omelette, have a lot of lycopene with help boost your skin’s health as well as promote collagen. If you’re going out for the bulk of the day, tomatoes also help fight off sunburn.
- Strawberry-Kiwi Smoothie. While not really a choice of a breakfast meal but would count as an awesome drink for your morning meal, strawberry and kiwi pack a lot of vitamin C which helps in keeping your skin radiant and avoid wrinkling.
- Protein pancakes with a healthy dose of walnuts into it. Walnut has been proven to be a good source of ALA omega-3 fatty acids that aid in keeping your skin supple. Having some protein helps in the healing of any skin abrasions and also to promote better skin health.
- A dessert of a breakfast with dark chocolate muffins. These muffins are a light breakfast but filled with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has been proven to hydrate your skin as well as prevent it from scaling. Despite that, it’s always best to lower the amount of sugar in your meals to avoid other complications.
Can you feel the summer heat? With the leaves turning much greener for this season, you’ll notice the very distinct rise in the temperature. With a hot blazing sun to coerce you to spend some time at the beach; that’s what most individuals think about summer. It’s no surprise you’d be dishing out the chilled drinks to keep yourself cool for this time of the year.
While we can always take a dip at the beach, it’s still very important to drink water. With the climate going up, you’ll want to drink twice the normal amount for this season. If you’re a little challenged on getting more than the prescribed 8 glasses of water daily, you’ll want to think twice if you know the harm that too much heat can do to your skin.
With the hotter days on our way, your body expends more sweat to keep your body cool. This means that your overall water in your body is diminished drastically.
Your skin also takes a beating since your body tries to produce more sweat. Having a low water intake can cause your skin to shrivel up in certain areas due to dehydration.
One big downfall with missing out on replenishing much of your fluids is how your body malfunctions. You’ll end up being susceptible to high fevers or experience vomiting. Another concern would be short breaths and even cause seizures.
If you’re not accustomed to drink a lot of water, it’s good to have a glass every hour. You may find it a difficult task to commit to but being able to watch over your water intake in such a hot season is going to help your body cope. A glass of water can go a long way especially with how hot the summer is going to be.
Getting yourself a tan can be a big step to the much needed boost in confidence. In fact, having a tan is one of the most ideal approaches to achieving a better look. While you can try to cook yourself a tan in your local tanning salon or bathe under the sun for hours on end, using a self tanner is the most ideal way of earning the bronze tone.
Why is that? Self tanners aid your skin on getting a tan without the need of UV rays exposure. Studies have been conducted around tanning with UV rays and they’ve proven to be quite dangerous; going as far as to inciting cancer on the individual. While that is a grim thought, self tanners have their share of tricky applications. If it’s your first time or you’re a regular, there are still some circumstances that might cause to botch up a good tanning session. With the aid of some experts, here are some tips to guide you to making the best out of your tan:
– Exfoliating before application is the key.
– You’ll have to avoid putting on some moisturizers or lotions since they will block out the self tanner from your skin. These topical hydrators provide a layer of moisture that clashes with the self tanning agent.
– Don’t get too active. If you get too active and cause yourself to sweat too much, chances are the self tan will run causing a lot of streaking. If it’s really humid, try to chill in a cool place or wait for the temperature to go lower. You’ll want to avoid any form of sweat for 6 hours since application.
– Never use your bare hands. No one wants to have really orange hands so make the most out of the tanning mitts.
– Avoid the pool as best as possible. The chlorine in the swimming pool acts as a bleaching agent so diving into it as soon as the tan sets will surely cause some discoloration in various places.
– Never forget to moisturize. No one likes to see flaky, tan skin.
With these tips to guide you, you’ll get through the streaky approach to self tanning and enjoy the bronze color without having to soak up those pesky UV rays.
With the hotter days rolling on our calendar, the climate can cause a lot of people to be giddy about tanning under the sun or the consistency of trips to the beach. With these agendas in mind, one can’t help but think of the chances of enjoying their day. While we do tend to enjoy the bulk of these days, we wake up to a sore patch of skin that has been damaged due to the consistent assault of the sun. Or in better terms, we’ve got our share of sunburns.
Sunburns are the end result of our skin being burned from too much exposure from the sun. This usually happens when you’ve been swimming for hours on end by the beach or lying under the sun for quite some time. No matter what the cause of the painful skin is, it’s always a good idea to know what you can do to avoid and what you need to do to treat it.
Avoid Burning your Skin Too Long
It’s always best to be familiar on how to avoid getting a nasty sunburn.
- Try to apply a lot of sun tan on your body and re-apply every two – three hours.
- You’ll need to take in a lot of antioxidants rich food such as broccoli, carrots, citrus fruits and etc.).
- If you’re dressed to work but consistently going around under the sun, try to wear long sleeves and pants. While this is a hot approach, covering up your skin offers less chances of getting a sunburn.
When You’ve Got the Burn Going
- Cool down. It’s best to stay in the shade to avoid further aggravating your skin. Make use of cold compresses on burned areas to prevent them from further damage.
- If blisters appear, avoid popping them. If they happen to break, make sure to put some antibiotic ointment on them to avoid infection.
- You’ll want to skip on tight clothing since it will continuously aggravate your skin and be quite a painful experience.
Sunscreen or sun tans are a common application on our skin when we go to the beach or spend a long day under the sun. At times, we think that having some sunscreen is good enough to block out the harmful effects or even the possible discoloration of your skin due to the consistent exposure under the sun. Whatever the reason is, we’ve come to believe that sun tans are the best defense to prevent blistering sunburn.
Young attractive girl enjoys hot summer day at the beach.
However, we’ve actually been doing things wrong. Despite the many directions that sun tans provide in their bottles, there are specific tips to remember to make the most out of these topical applications:
– Sun tans work a good 10-20 minutes after they have been applied. This means you’ll need to get them absorbed into your skin before you dive into the waters. Additionally, since the sun tan is a liquid or viscous application, diving into the pool can wash some of it off.
– You’ll need to lather yourself in a lot of it to make it worth. If you’re the individual who wants to avoid little to any chances of tanning, you may want to drench your body in as much sun tan as possible. Studies have proven that most individuals only put a fourth of the amount of sun tan that is ideal. Another tip is to never miss out on a spot, no one wants a nasty burn after their much desired beach trip.
– Sun tan needs to be applied every two to three hours. You’d be surprised to know that much like lotion; sun tan also dries up on our skin. If you’ve been under the sun for quite some time, chances are you’re already without the protection of your sun tan.
These tips should help you out on making the most out of your sun tan.
Skin care is quite a tedious task and following a skin care regimen can take a lot of effort. One of the hurdles to having the perfect body is cellulite. If you’re not familiar what cellulite it, it’s the odd creases of skin due to fats. Women tend to have more distinct allocations of cellulite; this is due to our body losing 5 lbs. of muscle in exchange of 15 lbs. of fat every decade of her life. Yikes! Imagine the chances of getting cellulite with those numbers!
One way to remove cellulite is working out. If you’re keen on avoiding the unsightly dimples along your thighs and buttocks, you’ll need to have a dedicated set of exercise such as squats and lunges. Doing some exercise can take quite a chunk of your time but it’s going to help you out in the long run.
Yet there are some times that exercise is not quick enough to sculpt your body out especially. There’s a known quote for situations like this, ‘If you can’t tone it, tan it.’ Tanning aids in contouring your body. It’s no surprise that most body builders want to tan their body prior to showing their hard work in a competition. While there are various methods on earning a tan, being able to manipulate your tan is easily done through the use of self tanners.
Self tanners are a much safer choice than sunbathing and tanning beds since you’re not soaking up on the UV rays. Aside from the healthier approach, you’re able to control how deep you tan on certain areas. This works well on hiding cellulite since you can contour how your body looks.
With the confidence boost that self tanners provide, you shouldn’t be worrying about cellulite. Each one of us has their fair share of cellulite and a little exercise can help rid them off; or tanning if you’re a little more of a couch potato.
Having uneven skin tone can be quite a nightmare but this is heightened if your face and your body are shades apart. This can be quite a big problem as this can turn heads and it can also cause issues with which clothes to wear. This can also be a product of tanning as much of your body absorbs the sun’s rays as opposed to our face. Since our face has a much sensitive skin than our body’s, we tend to shield it a lot thus earning a much lighter tone.
While we can stress just how bad this situation can be, it’s better if we look into the possible solutions to correct your skin tone.
- Makeup is your friend. While we can’t magically change the color of our body or our face, makeup is a good way to help even out the skin tone. It’s best to remember using the right shade of foundation since a lighter foundation might end up highlighting your face.
- Use a self-tanner. If you’re more on an olive color or bronze, dabbing on some self-tanners will do the trick. It gets better as you can manipulate the way how the bronze settles on your skin. This gives room to the 3D like tan that the Jenners have popularized.
- Bronzers are a key to getting the dark hues right. If you’re not sure about trying out some self-tanning then bronzers is the next best cosmetics agent. With a dab of this powder on your skin, you can easily shift the tone. Much like a self-tanner, using a bronzer can help you achieve a more contoured appearance.
- If you’re not keen on the makeup department, you may want to try out some bronzing balms. It’s a little different than bronzers as these concoctions work much like how BB creams do. With their thicker consistency and thick but non-greasy coverage, the bronzing balms are a good way to darken the pigmentation of your face.
- Revamp your skin care regimen. At times, our bodies do miss out on the tender loving care which is why skin discoloration starts. It’s best to set aside some time for a full-body exfoliating session. It’s best to be keen on the neck and your chest areas as these spots tend to have the stark difference in color.
Difference in color should never get in the way of you being comfortable with yourself. With these little tidbits, you can surely achieve an even tone for any occasion.
Having an even skin tone can be quite a difficult achievement to get nowadays. With our constant exposure to the sun, it’s a little unsettling how darker our skin gets day by day. While we can always turn to the long rows of commercial products available at a purchase, the thought of more chemicals on your skin can be daunting.
There’s no need to worry as there is an alternative to getting even skin tone without having to dab commercial products onto your skin. You’ll be more relieved to hear that these are not only natural but can also be found at home. That’s like hitting two birds with one stone.
Here are the items to help you get the even ton without using commercial products:
- Sugar and or salt to exfoliate. While we can’t use these crystals for your face, oatmeal soaked in olive oil should do the trick. Using salt or sugar with a helping of olive oil, scrub the mixture on your skin to cleanse it of the layer of dirt and dead skin cells. Exfoliating helps in clearing out the impurities thus getting you an even texture and complexion.
- Kiwi can help lighten the dark circles under your eyes. This doesn’t mean it’s okay to skimp on the sleep though.
- If you don’t have Kiwi, you can use green tea. Simply apply the cold tea bags on dark areas and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before rinsing off.
- When life gives you lemons, make use of lemon juice on your skin! Due to its natural acidity, this gives your skin a light exfoliation and you can benefit from a lighter and more radiant result. This is due to the presence of ascorbic acid, or vitamin c as we all know it, in the lemon juice.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy an even tone without having to spend so much or to make use of dubious ingredients.
Finding the perfect skin care companion can be a little difficult especially if you’re leaning more on the organic or natural approach. With how saturated the market is with skin care products, sometimes media can showcase how obsolete home remedies or natural procedures are.
No need to beat yourself with this thought as going natural is not a bad idea. While it can be a little tricky and will need some time to get used to, using a natural body scrub can mean lesser chemicals introduced to your system.
With the trend to switch to natural, you’re not the only one who’s keen on avoiding the chemicals on their skin.
To pamper one’s face
While it has been said that using granules such as salt or sugar can help exfoliate, these same crystals are quite abrasive on your skin. You can use grounded oats drenched in neem oil or argan oil to exfoliate. It’s best to rinse the application with warm water to promote a fresh sensation on your skin.
Cleansing one’s body naturally
Now, our bodies have a much sturdier layer of skin which means oatmeal is not the best medium. Sugar or sea salt mixed into cold coconut or olive oil should do the trick. After a thorough scrubbing, it’s best to use some lotion to provide some moisture to your skin.
Can’t have chappy kisses
Your lips too need some exfoliating from time to time therefore whip out some oil mixed with brown sugar and some lemon juice. Gently rub this concoction on your lips and wipe off with a wet cloth. Make sure to apply some lip balm right after to avoid drying up your skin.
With these tips, you’re saving on skin care products and skimping out on strangely named chemicals applied to your skin. A smooth skin can always be acquired with the aid of nature.