Sunbathing is still one of the methods that many individuals do to get their share of tanned skin. While it’s always a good practice to take breaks every time you do your sunbathing session, which goes without saying that you still do a lot of harm to your body in the process of doing so. You’d normally be worried with sunburn but did you know your hair is also placed in harm? If you don’t take better care of your hair after sunbathing, you’re going to end up with dry and brittle hair. That’s a really bad match to a tan you’ve worked hard to achieve.
Thus you’ll need to follow some of these post-sunbathing tips to make sure your hair makes the best complement to your summer glow:
– Rehydrate. While it doesn’t directly affect your hair, it’s enough to help your body cool down from the heat. It’s important to take it a good amount of fluids after sunbathing. The more you keep your body hydrated, the more luscious your hair becomes.
– Use conditioner and soothe your hair to cool water. Avoid putting your body directly to cold water as it’d cause a lot of problems. Try to cool down to ease the heat after hours of being under the sun. Use a conditioner that deeply treats your hair. Due to the sun’s constant assault, you want to avoid aggravating your hair further thus try to slowly massage the conditioner to your scalp. Let it sit for a bit before rinsing it off.
– You can use some hair masks. These hair care products help reinvigorate your hair and avoid it from going through a lot of damage while recuperating from the sunbathing session. If you want to go all-natural, you can make use of bananas, olive oil, eggs and even yogurt as hair masks.
With the summer season right around the corner, a lot of individuals are preparing their selves for some time under the sun. It’s no surprise to see a lot of people basking under the sun as summer is the high time to getting your much needed tan.
While sunbathing is one of the most cost efficient, if not tedious, approach to getting a tan, you might be neglecting some other parts of your body that is exposed to the intense heat. This happens to be your hair; which absorbs as much of the summer sun as you continue to lie under it.
The sun can do a lot of damage to your hair if you’re not careful. In worst case scenarios, you’d end up with brittle and dry hair over a lovely tan. No one really wants that combination thus you’ll need some post-tanning session care for your hair.
To get the ball rolling, here are some tips to help you on keeping great hair after a lofty time under the sun.
- You can make use of specific hair care products that were crafted to aid your hair during the summer days. These products such as the Rene Furterer Protective Summer Oil aid in hydrating and nourishing your hair after being in under sun. A more natural approach would be using safflower oil as it not only lessens hair fall and baldness but also keeps your hair hydrated.
- You can also put on some leave on conditioner while you sunbathe. It’s best to wrap your hair with a towel to not only protect it from further damage but also to aid in getting the nutrients from the conditioner absorbed easily.
- Avoiding blow drying your hair. While this is a clear cut tip, it’s best not to put your hair under more heat than necessary.
With these tips, you’re good to go on looking your best for summer.