When it comes to tanned skin, it can be daunting to put on some makeup. While inexperienced makeup artists will tell you that self tanned skin is hard to work with, it’s actually not that hard. In order to enjoy a great look, you’ll need to be familiar with how self tanned skin works. To avoid ruining your self tan, it’s best to avoid products that contain retinol. This chemical can easily erase the tanned tone thus ruining your hard work on getting a good tan.
In order to make the most out of your tanned skin, you have to be familiar with the type of tan that you have. Do you have warm or cold tone? This tone can really determine the type of makeup you’ll be working with. If you aren’t familiar with your undertone, your makeup can be a disaster.
Another tip to consider would be to tailor your look to the occasion you’re going to be attending. You don’t want to overdo your makeup for a simple office meeting, right? Although there’s nothing wrong in being a little extra, sometimes how you look can make or break what you do.
Despite your tanned skin, don’t use too much light tones. Just because you want to make good use on highlighting your contour, it’s never a good idea to overdo on too much light makeup from your palette. Balance out the light and dark tones to make sure your makeup isn’t overdone. Additionally, try to make use of your self tanner as a bronzer. Having used your self tanner can lessen the time spent on contouring your skin thus try to contour your skin when you put on your self tanner. This can also help you become more familiar on which spots need to be highlighted and which spots need a little bit of flair to change how you look.
Tanning is a lucrative way to look your best without doing anything to drastic. It can be done in various methods, namely sunbathing, indoor and self tanning. No matter what method of tanning you use, it can be very inconvenient to encounter some mishaps. We can stress out the small stuff but there’s no need to. Here are some kitchen solutions to help you remedy some tanning problems.
– If you have some self tanning mishaps, sorting those out can be quite frustrating. A good way to remove these would be to make use of some lemon juice that has been slightly diluted with water. Lemon juice alone is very potent and can cause harm to your skin. Lightly dab the self tanning mishap by using a cotton ball. Once the area has lightened up, you can slowly dab the self tanner back until you get to the desired tone of tanned skin.
– If you want to get rid of your previous tan, exfoliating is the key. Normally you’d make use of a loofa or a body scrub to get this done. However, using some more natural options can be a great idea. If you want to maintain a healthy moisturized skin after removing your old tan, you can use oatmeal and some milk. Oatmeal is a good exfoliator without leaving your skin dry. Milk can easily lighten your skin and work hand in hand with oatmeal to keeping it moisturized.
– You can use some turmeric to sort out the uneven tone of your skin. Add some water to cup of turmeric and mix until it turns into a paste-like consistency. For optimal results you can mix cold curd instead of water. Apply to the affected skin and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is also a good skin relief for sunburns if you overdid some sunbathing.
When one hears about tanning, you can’t help but think of the usual method which would be through sunbathing. Sunbathing is the conventional approach to getting a tan and is most commonly done during the summer. But since we’re approaching the wintery days, it’s impossible to get our share of sunbathing. Indoor tanning can be an alternative but we can’t really spend so much money on an unhealthy approach to tanning. Consistent exposure to UV radiation is going to heighten the chances of getting skin cancer.
Thus said, we’re going to be using self tanners as a tanning medium. Self tanners have a wide range of applications and trying to find the best that works with you can be tricky.
First, you’ll want to determine your skin type. By pinpointing your skin type, you can narrow down what you can put on your skin and not. This can also limit what works with your skin type.
If you have sensitive skin, it’s very important to be mindful of what you put on your skin. If you aren’t careful, you’re going to experience a very bad case of skin allergy or worse, scars from very bad skin damage. Try to check the label before buying self tanners to make sure the product doesn’t have any ingredient that can provoke a skin allergy.
If you aren’t familiar with the ingredients used in self tanners, going for more natural means of self tanning can be a great idea. A good brand that makes use of natural ingredients is Thermalabs. Despite being a brand sold in the market, each product is crafted with organic sources thus you can lessen the chances of getting an allergic reaction. Another reason why organic ingredients are good for you is because you don’t add more chemicals to nature.
Another thing to consider is the method of how you apply self tanning. If you want the usual method of applying self tanners, you’re going to rely on a tanning lotion and apply it with a tanning mitt. A tanning mitt will need to be replaced after several times since the tan residue is hard to remove it. You can also rely on towelettes or opt for a spray tanning kit to make your self tanning experience a lot better.
It’s always a good idea to try out the self tanner before purchasing it to be assured that your skin won’t react violently.
Body scrubs can be quite an odd concept to work around with. While we are young, our skin pushes out the layer of impurities from our body. However, as we grow older, our skin can no longer accommodate that. We should be more keen to exfoliate our skin once we hit our late 20’s or early 30’s. Normally, we make use of market ready body scrubs to aid us but there are some natural body scrubs that can work wonders. In fact, it’s more ideal to make use of natural body scrubs since this can help us remove the impurities on our body while also keeping it in tip top condition.
Here are some natural body scrubs you can use:
– Brown sugar is a great scrub. While sugar crystals may sound like a very abrasive item to put on your skin, it’s actually a good exfoliating agent. You can mix some honey or milk to soften it a bit then rub against your skin. This will keep your skin smooth.
– Oatmeal is also a great choice to scrubbing off the impurities on your skin. You can enjoy soft skin after using oatmeal as a means to remove dirt. Oatmeal is great for individuals with sensitive skin as it is not harsh and also leaves the skin moisturized.
– Loofa is a natural body scrub. Its not normally sold in stores but its actually a dried fruit. Its a good practice to let it dry outside of the bathroom to prevent bacteria and fungi from growing on it.
These are the most common choices of natural body scrubs. Adding honey into the mix can make your exfoliating session antibacterial and can help ease any inflamed skin. Its also good practice to conduct each body scrubbing at most twice a week and to provide good intervals in between each scrubbing.
Your skin is the first barrier to anything that may cause harm. Additionally, it is the most visual organ of your body. If you don’t take care of your skin, you wil end up showcasing how bad your body looks. There are various ways to make your skin look nice. One of the biggest hurdles when it comes to growing old is how our skin becomes quite saggy and wrinkles show up. At times, these unsightly beauty marks show up in our late 20’s which can really throw off our self confidence.
Premature aging can be caused by a lot of factors. It can be due to our diet, our lifestyle or even the environment. We take away what we put into our body as well as our surroundings. Factoring that in mind does make skin care a difficult concept to tackle. However, there are natural means to keep looking young and maintaining supple skin.
One thing we can consider is what you eat. Have your fair share of omega 3 rich fatty food such as salmon and walnuts. Omega 3 keeps your skin glowing and tightens it. You can incorporate these food to your day to day meals or even snacks, for walnuts, for better skin.
If you aren’t a fan of fish or allergic to nuts, never fear. You can chomp on some avocados. Avocados have been dubbed as a millenial food due to the number of avocadoes this generation eats. With so much stores offering avocadoes, you can get your healthy fat anywhere.
If you’d like something to pick on while on the go, sunflower seeds are a great way to gain good fat. Fat is very important to retain the elasticity of your skin. Sunflower seeds are a great snack due to how portable they are while also aiding in locking in moisture for your skin.
Keeping one’s skin in their top condition is a struggle to achieve with how hectic our day to day lives can be. Normally, we’d rely on various skin care products to be able to achieve great skin. However, how our skin looks can also be due to what we eat. If we constantly put in junk food in our body, we put it at risk to a lot of maladies. A good way around this would be to take in some greens or fruit. We can start with some fruit to add to our day to day meals.
Thus said, here are some fruits to help keep your skin healthy:
– Avocados are great sources of natural fat. This kind of fat differs from the usual fat we have from meat since plant fat is more beneficial to our bodies. Consistently eating avocados can help keep our skin supple and glowing.
– Tomatoes are considered fruits, contrary to the popular belief. Each plump tomato provides a lot of vitamin C which can help keep your skin glowing. The high value of lycopene also promotes your skin’s defense against the sun. It’s no wonder tomatoes are usually grown during summer.
– Orange peels or any peels for that matter have their share of benefits for your skin. Usually we’d throw away all the peels before eating our share of fruiting. However, adding some zest or even eating candied peels can help our skin out. It’s been found that consuming peels can provide us better protection against melanoma, which is a very aggressive form of skin cancer.
– Kiwi may be small but it can give you 12% of the much-needed daily intake of vitamin C. Consuming a lot of kiwis will lessen the presence of wrinkles and dryness of your skin.
Water is a fundamental part of our existence. With our bodies comprising to 80% water, we need our share of it every day. We need water to get through the daily grind. With days getting warmer and warmer, water is a very important aspect that we must keep in hand when summer comes.
They said that you need to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. That concept is quite true as a dehydrated individual can’t accomplish a lot of things. Summer has a heat that can wear us down as the day goes on and water can sort that weariness out. If you aren’t familiar with the pros of drinking a good amount of water on a summer day, here are things that can make you consider to start doing so:
– Sweat cools our body down. When we work out, we tend to sweat a lot. This is our body’s mechanism to keep it cool. Excreting a lot of sweat means you’ll need to drink a lot of water. If you’re low on water on a hot day, this can lead to a lot of harm and even make you collapse from dehydration.
– On warmer days, it makes breathing quite difficult to achieve. This can be due to the heat the air has or how stuffy it can be. Drinking water can help abate the breathlessness. Water helps provide oxygen to your bloodstream, distributing them across your body thus giving you an ‘extra breath’ once you finish drinking a glass.
– As was said earlier the heat can easily wind you down, drinking lots of water can help keep you in tip-top condition. In fact, drinking a little over 8 glasses a day can help your skin stay supple under the summer heat. Though, that shouldn’t be enough to count as protection against the sun’s rays.
Shea butter has been incorporated in numerous skin care products. We’ve always heard how good shea butter is and the various advantages but not in detail. While we can always vouch the numerous commercials and advertisements, it’s always a good idea to understand just how good shea butter is.
Much like aloe vera, shea butter is another choice for moisturizing your skin. However, unlike aloe vera, shea butter uses the natural fat to provide nourishment and moisture to your skin. Due to the high fat content, shea butter is a great way to sort out dry skin without also triggering allergens.
If you have a lot of inflamed acne or various skin ailments that are sensitive to the touch, shea butter is great aid in easing the inflammation out. Shea butter has lupeol cinnamate which is an anti-inflammatory chemical thus aids in inflammation and to sort out various skin mutations.
Because it is an organic material, shea butter can be used for babies and children. If you have sensitive skin, you can also benefit from using shea butter as a moisturizer day in and day out.
If you have wrinkly skin or perpetually dry skin, you can still use shea butter to aid in improving the collagen found in your skin. Continuous usage of shea butter can smoothen one’s skin aside from keeping it glowing and well-hydrated. Due to the high volume of collagen from using shea butter, your skin is much supple and stronger.
If you spend a lot of your time outdoors, you may want to lather some shea butter. It has been proven to protect your skin from sun damage due to sun exposure. It’s not an alternative to your trusty sunscreen since these lotions are crafted for protection. But if you’re just going out for a quick trip, some shea butter can do the trick.
If you are struggling to keep your skin healthy, then it’s about time to review your skincare regimen. Other than that, maybe you also have to adjust your lifestyle. Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
1. Drink lots of water
Without a doubt, drinking lots of water can make you healthy and not just your skin. Water is a much needed element for your body organs to function properly. And because skin is a large part of your body, you need more water everyday.
You need to have a good skin foundation if you are planning to get a tan. The healthier your skin, the easier it is to apply self tanner.
2. Eat healthy food
When we say healthy food, we are referring to fruits and vegetables. They have lots of vitamins and minerals that can help you cope with everyday stress and challenges.
3. Use organic skincare products
Remember, whatever you apply to your skin, it is being absorbed by your body. This is the reason why you have to stay from harmful chemicals. Go for natural ingredients and if you can make it on your own, then by all means to do it. There are lots of pins in Pinterest highlighting DIY masks and face scrubs recipes. Be sure to check them out and follow some depending on your skin types.
Relaxing can do good to your overall health. When you have a peaceful mind, your body will show it. The more you relax, the better you will feel. Visit a spa and get a relaxing massage. You can also have a getaway to spend some time with yourself or with your loved ones.
Achieving healthy skin won’t be easy without self discipline. Once you develop a good habit, please stick to it. Also, don’t forget the share the best stuff. If you learned something new, then let us know!
How you look is determined by a lot of factors such as how you dress yourself, your color scheme and most especially your skin. Your skin is the biggest organ of your body and it is also the most visual part. Lacking some sleep and skipping on some much needed nutrients can greatly affect how your skin turns out. In fact, even the environment does a big number on your skin.
If you want to maintain a healthy glow or take better care of your body, taking care of your skin can bring a lot of positive aspects into your life. Not only can you be more appreciative of your reflection but taking better care of yourself will also lead to a better perspective on your day to day activities. Not to drag this one, here are some tips you may want to follow to get healthier skin:
– Drink lots of water. When they say drink at least eight glasses of water, drink eight or even more. Keeping your body well hydrated not only helps in the bodily functions but it also helps in keeping your skin supple and avoid drying. Dry skin is susceptible to lesions and other damages so it’s best to avoid that. You can also put on some creams and lotions for better chances of keeping the hydration levels high. You can also make use of aloe vera for a healthier choice of moisturizing your skin.
– Get enough sleep. Rest is very important to your body. Not only does your brain slowly start to eat itself at the sheer lack of sleep but it’s also going to deal a lot of harm to your skin. Eye bags are one thing to worry but consistently skipping on a good amount of sleep will leave your pallor dull and increase the chances of skin ailments such as provoking eczema.