With how difficult our environment can be as the day continues, it can be stressful on our body. One of the most visual effects is how our skin soaks up all the stress and impurities that we expose ourselves to each day. One of the effects of stress is the early aging of our skin. This ranges from wrinkles to saggy cheeks. It’s been said that our skin starts to sag when we reach thirty but it can be earlier if we’re really neck deep in stress.
One good way of keeping our skin supple each day is to minimize the stress we get into. While we can’t always control how things go, we can still manage how much they impact our system.
On another note, if you’re keen on some beauty tips as stress is not the only cause, here are some tips you’ll want to consider to make sure your skin is younger looking day by day:
- Make sure to use a moisturizer. Having a good amount of hydration keeps your skin supple by avoiding a dry and cracked state. If you’re not sure on what moisturizer to use, one with lactic acid can be quite the blessing.
- Avoid using harsh cleansers as they irritate the skin. Cleansers can range from a variety of strength thus it’s best to make use of softer cleanser since they contain fewer chemicals that can cause irritation.
- Try to minimize the time you soak in a hot bath. Hot baths tend to dry your skin a lot which causes it to become dry or sag due to the lack of hydration.
- Antioxidants are your best friend. Not only do they help out in fighting a lot of diseases, they also help your skin retain its supple look. Munch on some strawberries and kiwis and you’re sure to enjoy a youthful looking glow.
Tanning is a great way to make yourself look your best. While there are a lot of methods to tan, sunbathing is still the most common and cost-effective form of tanning. While many individuals would just lather some sunscreen and lie about to bask much of the sun, your body is under a constant exposure to the sun. This means that you’re not only trying to darken your skin but your body is also being dried up by it.
On these occasions, you’ll want to bring some water to keep yourself hydrated. However, if you’re not in the mood for the usual serving of H2O and hoping for other juices to keep your body as hydrated while tanning under the sun, here are some juices to cater to your palette:
- Watermelon Juice. It’s been known since time immemorial that Watermelons contain 80% water. Not only that, they’re one of the best fruits to eat during the summer season. If you’re hoping for a sweet drink while sunbathing, Watermelon juice is a great companion to keep you hydrated while basking under the sun.
- Strawberry Juice. If you’re the type who wants a much tarty appeal or someone who’s ridiculously in love with strawberries, then you’re going to love the fact that strawberries also help in hydration. With a whopping 92% on the water content as a fruit, strawberries are not only for cakes but make one of the ideal drinks for your sunbathing sessions.
- Celery Juice. This might the oddest one in the bunch but celery is a vegetable you’re not so accustomed to eating. At 95% on the water content, drinking celery juice also gives you a lot of fiber and minerals. This means that you’re not only keeping your hydration levels high but giving your body a good serving of vitamins and minerals while getting your bronze shade.
To those who know the significance of skin moisturizing, they rigidly perform skin care regimens to maintain the moisture and suppleness of their skin. There are always available moisturizers in the market but did you know that there are also lots of kitchen staples that can be used to moisturize your skin naturally. Aside from its availability because they can only be found in the kitchen, they are free from side effects too. So if you are running out of your favorite moisturizing brand, try to opt natural moisturizers and you will surely love it. Here are some of the few natural moisturizers.
Honey has antimicrobial, antioxidant and humectant properties and it is loaded with lots of essential vitamins and minerals to help improve skin health that is why it is considered as one of the best natural moisturizer. It aids in locking moisture in your skin leaving it soft and smooth. Just spread honey on your face and body for ten minutes before taking a bath or shower. Do this daily to moisturize your skin.
Natural oils such as coconut oil and olive are one of the best alternatives to moisturize your skin. These oil from plants are kind of similar to the oil our skin produces. When you apply oil on your body, they can be easily recognized by the skin and it binds moisture while strengthening skin cell membranes. Apply generous amount of oil before retiring to bed then wash it in the morning. Then apply again after taking a bath or shower.
Aloe Vera is another good natural moisturizer because of its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that smoothens drying skin. It can be applied on the face to help ease inflammation of breakouts at the same time moisturize your face. It can also be applied on your hands and legs to alleviate tightening and cracking skin due to the cold weather. Apply the gel inside the aloe vera leaf into your skin and let it penetrate for few minutes then gently wash or take a shower.
Milk and other milk-based products like yogurt and cream contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that loosens the skin tightening due to skin dryness. Its lactic acid content helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and strengthens the skin’s capability to retain moisture. Just dip a clean cloth on the milk and apply on your skin. Let it sit for few minutes and gently wash it with lukewarm water.
Time and time again, women have tried to find ways to help make them look at their best. This is why makeup was crafted. In our modern times, men and women have begun to find a comfort when they have makeup. With so many colors and approaches to beautifying yourself, it’s no surprise that the makeup industry is thriving as it is today.
While there are numerous brands to look into, many of the makeup in the market contain a lot of chemicals. Makeup with so much chemicals in them tend to cause a lot of allergic reactions, thus being quite cheap. Not only that but consistent usage of these kinds of makeup can cause a lot of skin ailments or health issues. We can’t really name all the effects but it’s quite surprising that a tool used to compliment yourself can lead to your own demise.
Thus, with the recent uproar on the chemicals that are incorporated to making your makeup, organic makeup has entered the scene. While it’s quite surprising to imagine makeup made from such ingredients, there really is a niche for organic makeup.
Organic makeup is ideal for any skin type. Since most allergic reactions are attributed to the high-chemical content in makeup, having organic ingredients rules out the harm it can be caused to your skin. Another important factor with organic makeup is that your nose is not put through any stress. With the usual makeup, artificial fragrance and scents can cause various reactions that could spell out for disaster. Since organic makeup has a weak scent, you won’t have to worry about the effects too much.
Lastly, organic makeup does not cause any environmental harm. Since they are organic you are not making use of chemicals to craft it. There’s no residue chemical that would be dumped somewhere- that thought alone makes organic makeup a good choice on your next shopping spree.
Why do we really need to do skin exfoliation? Is this essential? Yes, exfoliating is a vital way of taking care of our skin. It’s like a deeper cleaning on the skin because barely washing with soap is not enough to clean it. In fact, skin peeling is a natural body process but in depends on how old is the person before it takes its peeling cycle. According to studies, when you are at your 20s, it takes an average of 14-25 days before the skin cell turns over. When you’re on 30s, it takes 30 days and when you’re on age of 40s, it takes 40 days before the outer cover of the skin change. And as people age, it goes slower and slower. Thus we need to help our skin by exfoliating.
The main reason of exfoliating is to remove the old and dead skin cells on the epidermis. This dirt when not removed, stays on the skin and creates blemishes and stains. Imagine a skin with blemishes. It looks dull and rough. And it causes forming of acne because it blocks the skin pores.
The best way to clean this is through skin exfoliation. Exfoliant works as a scrub to remove deep-seated dirt. There are so many ways on how to exfoliate. You can go to a dermatologist or go to spa to do the exfoliating for you. You can also buy skin exfoliating formula and apply it yourself. Or you can look around your house and use natural ingredients from your kitchen to exfoliate naturally. Here are only some of the few kitchen staples that can help you exfoliate naturally.
One of the top kitchen ingredients that helps in natural skin exfoliation is honey. Honey helps in speeding up the natural exfoliation and it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits which helps fight skin infection.
Yogurt exfoliates, hydrates and soothes the skin through its content lactic acid. It can be used by any skin type and can be applied on face and all over the body. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes then rinse.
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, a content used in expensive derma treatments to clean and exfoliate skin. Just mix baking soda and water to make a paste and apply to you skin. Wait for at least 20 minutes before rinsing.
Sugar has glycolic acid that helps in boosting skin regeneration. Mix sugar with olive oil to make a paste and apply on your face and body.
With the summer heat doing so much damage your skin, there are just so much products to apply to keep your skin in tip top condition. Some of the season’s ideal approach would be to make use of copious amounts of moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. Another matter would be using sun tan to avoid further damage when you’re out and about under the sun.
With so many products making use of various unknown chemicals, you’re not the only whose been quite keen on what they apply on their skin. A good alternative to keep your skin in check is to make use of fresh juice. While you don’t really need to apply this particular juice to the skin itself, using fresh and natural juices from fruits and vegetables can help your body be at its best.
If you’re eager to know just what juices (be it a drinking kind or those that can be applied to your skin) you can make use to keep your body at its best, during summer or any other season, you can refer to the listed juices to complement your lifestyle:
- You can make use of carrots, grapefruits, papaya and cucumber to help fight off the skin’s signs of aging.
- If you’d like to moisturize your skin, you can add in some lettuce.
- Lemon helps in lightening your skin while tomato aids in controlling oily skin.
- If you’d like to exfoliate your skin, you can make use of apple, milk, lemon and even grapes. You can also remove dead skin and blackheads with these ingredients.
- Yogurt helps in exfoliating your skin but aids in strengthening your skin due to the amino acids it contains.
- Don’t hesitate on using cucumber in your juices, there’s a reason why cucumber slices are great to soothing the skin around your eyes.
It’s best to let the juice set on your skin before washing it off with lukewarm or cold water. This will aid your skin on absorbing much of the juice’s nutrients to help nourish your skin.
With the hotter days rolling on our calendar, the climate can cause a lot of people to be giddy about tanning under the sun or the consistency of trips to the beach. With these agendas in mind, one can’t help but think of the chances of enjoying their day. While we do tend to enjoy the bulk of these days, we wake up to a sore patch of skin that has been damaged due to the consistent assault of the sun. Or in better terms, we’ve got our share of sunburns.
Sunburns are the end result of our skin being burned from too much exposure from the sun. This usually happens when you’ve been swimming for hours on end by the beach or lying under the sun for quite some time. No matter what the cause of the painful skin is, it’s always a good idea to know what you can do to avoid and what you need to do to treat it.
Avoid Burning your Skin Too Long
It’s always best to be familiar on how to avoid getting a nasty sunburn.
- Try to apply a lot of sun tan on your body and re-apply every two – three hours.
- You’ll need to take in a lot of antioxidants rich food such as broccoli, carrots, citrus fruits and etc.).
- If you’re dressed to work but consistently going around under the sun, try to wear long sleeves and pants. While this is a hot approach, covering up your skin offers less chances of getting a sunburn.
When You’ve Got the Burn Going
- Cool down. It’s best to stay in the shade to avoid further aggravating your skin. Make use of cold compresses on burned areas to prevent them from further damage.
- If blisters appear, avoid popping them. If they happen to break, make sure to put some antibiotic ointment on them to avoid infection.
- You’ll want to skip on tight clothing since it will continuously aggravate your skin and be quite a painful experience.
Skin care is quite a tedious task and following a skin care regimen can take a lot of effort. One of the hurdles to having the perfect body is cellulite. If you’re not familiar what cellulite it, it’s the odd creases of skin due to fats. Women tend to have more distinct allocations of cellulite; this is due to our body losing 5 lbs. of muscle in exchange of 15 lbs. of fat every decade of her life. Yikes! Imagine the chances of getting cellulite with those numbers!
One way to remove cellulite is working out. If you’re keen on avoiding the unsightly dimples along your thighs and buttocks, you’ll need to have a dedicated set of exercise such as squats and lunges. Doing some exercise can take quite a chunk of your time but it’s going to help you out in the long run.
Yet there are some times that exercise is not quick enough to sculpt your body out especially. There’s a known quote for situations like this, ‘If you can’t tone it, tan it.’ Tanning aids in contouring your body. It’s no surprise that most body builders want to tan their body prior to showing their hard work in a competition. While there are various methods on earning a tan, being able to manipulate your tan is easily done through the use of self tanners.
Self tanners are a much safer choice than sunbathing and tanning beds since you’re not soaking up on the UV rays. Aside from the healthier approach, you’re able to control how deep you tan on certain areas. This works well on hiding cellulite since you can contour how your body looks.
With the confidence boost that self tanners provide, you shouldn’t be worrying about cellulite. Each one of us has their fair share of cellulite and a little exercise can help rid them off; or tanning if you’re a little more of a couch potato.
Having an even skin tone can be quite a difficult achievement to get nowadays. With our constant exposure to the sun, it’s a little unsettling how darker our skin gets day by day. While we can always turn to the long rows of commercial products available at a purchase, the thought of more chemicals on your skin can be daunting.
There’s no need to worry as there is an alternative to getting even skin tone without having to dab commercial products onto your skin. You’ll be more relieved to hear that these are not only natural but can also be found at home. That’s like hitting two birds with one stone.
Here are the items to help you get the even ton without using commercial products:
- Sugar and or salt to exfoliate. While we can’t use these crystals for your face, oatmeal soaked in olive oil should do the trick. Using salt or sugar with a helping of olive oil, scrub the mixture on your skin to cleanse it of the layer of dirt and dead skin cells. Exfoliating helps in clearing out the impurities thus getting you an even texture and complexion.
- Kiwi can help lighten the dark circles under your eyes. This doesn’t mean it’s okay to skimp on the sleep though.
- If you don’t have Kiwi, you can use green tea. Simply apply the cold tea bags on dark areas and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before rinsing off.
- When life gives you lemons, make use of lemon juice on your skin! Due to its natural acidity, this gives your skin a light exfoliation and you can benefit from a lighter and more radiant result. This is due to the presence of ascorbic acid, or vitamin c as we all know it, in the lemon juice.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy an even tone without having to spend so much or to make use of dubious ingredients.
Finding the perfect skin care companion can be a little difficult especially if you’re leaning more on the organic or natural approach. With how saturated the market is with skin care products, sometimes media can showcase how obsolete home remedies or natural procedures are.
No need to beat yourself with this thought as going natural is not a bad idea. While it can be a little tricky and will need some time to get used to, using a natural body scrub can mean lesser chemicals introduced to your system.
With the trend to switch to natural, you’re not the only one who’s keen on avoiding the chemicals on their skin.
To pamper one’s face
While it has been said that using granules such as salt or sugar can help exfoliate, these same crystals are quite abrasive on your skin. You can use grounded oats drenched in neem oil or argan oil to exfoliate. It’s best to rinse the application with warm water to promote a fresh sensation on your skin.
Cleansing one’s body naturally
Now, our bodies have a much sturdier layer of skin which means oatmeal is not the best medium. Sugar or sea salt mixed into cold coconut or olive oil should do the trick. After a thorough scrubbing, it’s best to use some lotion to provide some moisture to your skin.
Can’t have chappy kisses
Your lips too need some exfoliating from time to time therefore whip out some oil mixed with brown sugar and some lemon juice. Gently rub this concoction on your lips and wipe off with a wet cloth. Make sure to apply some lip balm right after to avoid drying up your skin.
With these tips, you’re saving on skin care products and skimping out on strangely named chemicals applied to your skin. A smooth skin can always be acquired with the aid of nature.