Outdoor tanning is usually just sunbathing. Being outdoors means making the most out of being outside, which we do when sunbathing. There are actually a lot of things to remember if you want to make the most out of your sunbathing experience. If you’re hoping to make the most out of your sunbathing during these warmer days, here are some of the tips to consider:
– Exfoliate before getting your share of the sun. If you’re not keen on exfoliating your skin prior to sunbathing, you’ll end up with uneven tan or a tan that’s easily peeled off. Exfoliation helps clear out impurities as well as gives way to younger, healthier skin. With a fresh palate to work with, your tan stays longer than you’d think.
– Apply a good amount of sunscreen. No one wants to experience sunburn. Not only is it very painful but sunburn also ruins your overall tan since the afflicted skin is peeled off to give way to healthier skin. You’ll want to let the sunscreen set for at least thirty minutes before heading out. Additionally, reapply sunscreen every two to three hours. If you’re especially sweaty, you’ll want to cut that down to two.
– Tanning oils are your best friend when it comes to sunbathing. Using tanning oils improves your skin’s susceptibility to absorb much of the sun’s rays. This means being able to make good use of the time you have during sunbathing and also cutting down the time you’re basking under the harsh rays.
– Take into consideration the time you’re going to be sunbathing. The sun has different positions and if you’re not keen on what time you’re basking, you might end up with an uneven tan. It’s best to commit to at most two to three hours in the afternoon for sunbathing since this is when the sun is at its peak and the rays aren’t that harsh on your skin.
Getting a tan can be easily done with the warmer days coming by the corner. While it’s easy to get a tan, trying to remove it in record time might prove to be quite the difficulty. It’s been carefully detailed all over the internet how to get a tan; be it sunbathing, through indoor tanning or self tanners. And yet, not everyone knows how to get rid of a tan aside from waiting for your skin to fade back to the natural color that you were born with.
If you’re hoping to get your old tan out of the system in a short amount of time, here are some tips to help you get your color with the aid of natrual face masks:
- Honey and Papaya. It’s been known that Papaya has a whitening agent which is why it’s been used in a lot of whitening soaps. Meanwhile, honey aids in keeping your skin moisturize and work as an antibacterial mask thus you’re not only giving your skin the whitening agent it needs but also keeping harmful bacteria off of it. You’ll want to mix a quarter of papaya juice, some honey into a gelatin mixture. This makes it easier for the mask to be applied and removed. Apply to your skin and let it dry; peel it gently then wash with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber and Tomato. Cucumber is actually a great asset to skin whitening while tomato provides a good amount of moisture to your skin. You’ll need some milk for some extra whitening power and being a good base for the two ingredients. Mix all of these together and apply to your skin. Leave it for at least 20 minutes then rinse with cool water.
- Green Tea and Aloe Vera. These are two very moisture rich ingredients but when combined together create a face mask that aids in removing dead skin cells and your tanned layer of skin. Mix these two ingredients with gelatin power and apply to your skin. Peel gently once it has dried and rinse as needed.
Tanning through the means of sunbathing has become quite the conventional approach, if not the most famous one, in the tanning industry. While the usual aid in tanning by soaking up much of the sun’s rays is through sunscreen, there’s actually another agent that is more applicable to helping you tan. Sunscreen may help you tan but its initial approach is to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. On another matter, there are some natural tanning oils that are more susceptible to expediting the occurrence of a tan.
To get a better grasp of why these oils are a better choice than sunscreen, tanning oils actually help in honing out the UV rays so that you can get the tan easily. Not only that, unlike sunscreen, you’re also treating your skin to some nourishment and assured that there aren’t any chemicals that can cause some damage to your skin.
If you’re hoping to change your tanning aid, here are some tanning oils that you can use for your next sunbathing session:
– Red raspberry oil is a good choice when it comes to tanning and giving you an added bonus to protecting your skin. You can mix it up with some coconut oil to get the SPF protection of up to 18. While it may not be an exact number, red raspberry oil is a good start.
– As was mentioned, coconut oil is not far off from being one of the ideal tanning oils. This particular oil is a treat if you have sensitive skin since it does not cause any irritation. Coconut oil is rich in fat thus able to provide some semblance of protection from harm when exposed to UV rays during sunbathing. Not only that, coconut oil is rich in antioxidants thus helping your skin get the protection it needs from harmful things from the environment.
– One of the particular oils to use is olive oil. While commonly used in the kitchen, using refined olive oil with a tincture of iodine and carrot juice; iodine has the dark tone while carrot has beta-carotene which helps in getting you the golden glow. Additionally, iodine helps in protecting your skin from possible sunburn so you can lather this concoction to your skin with ease.
– Hazelnut oil is also among the ideal tanning oils to use. It’s easily absorbed into your skin and also contains a lot of fat to protect you while tanning.
With how wondrous having a tan is to one’s look, there’s actually a dangerous way to getting a tan. The much known way to earning one’s tan has been through sunbathing and the second method on the list would be tanning through the means of using tanning beds. It’s been proven that sunbathing and tanning beds have caused the rise of skin cancer among tan addicts. This is due to the consistent exposure to UV rays. The radiation encourages cancer in the individual’s system thus making skin cancer, or melanoma to some, the top 4 cancer in the world.
While breaking a much loved habit can be quite difficult, you’ll want to avoid lounging about the beach during summer any time soon knowing that your sunscreen is not enough to protect you from skin cancer.
Don’t let that thought deter you from getting your tan. There recent introduction of self tanners in the market has made tanning a lot safer than before. While this may be dubbed as a fake tan, self tanners still aid in giving you the much desired tone without having to squander much of your time under the sun or sandwiched between the contraptions of a tanning bed.
One of the downsides of self tanning is, it can be quite tedious. Compared to sunbathing and tanning inside a tanning bed, using self tanners takes some practice since you’re putting the tan on your skin. Beginners might be dissuaded but if you’re eager to get your tan without putting yourself in harm’s way, self tanners are a great improvement from the conventional methods of tanning.
One good thing about self tanning is you can incorporate natural ingredients to darken your tone, from coffee to cocoa powder or organic self tanners such as Thermalabs, you’re assured that you’re also nourishing your skin
Getting the ideal tan can be quite difficult. It’s not actually surprising since there are a lot of factors at hand. It could probably be the method of tanning you’re opting to follow or your skin type. Whatever the hurdle it can be, you can always try to overcome them. In fact, here are some of the secrets that people have to keep in mind regardless of their skin type:
- No matter what method of tanning you’re going to make use, exfoliating is a very important step. By cleansing your skin prior to the tanning session, you’re clearing away the layer of dead skin cells and impurities that have clung to your epidermis. Not only that, you’re also paving way to younger, more vibrant skin. One important note, you are also preventing an uneven skin tone since dead skin cells can ruin an overall tan.
- Shower after you tan. Why is this important? Not only do you help your skin soothe from a hot session under a sun or in a tanning bed, this also aids in keeping your skin hydrated while also encouraging your skin to take in more of the self tanners. Avoid oil-based products since they can get in the way.
- For sunbathing, make good use of your sunscreen. No one wants to come out of the beach with sunburn thus you’ll want to make good use of a reliable sun tan. You’ll want to let it dry before going out and basking all day. Remember; always reapply the sun tan every two to three hours to protect your skin from further harm.
- For self tanners, make good use of tanning mitts. Mitts are there to help guide you on the application of self tanners onto your skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking plenty of water or liquids as wells as putting on some moisturizer not only provides positive effects to your body but also keeps your skin supple. This also prevents the acquisition of dry skin which not only ruin your tan but can be quite an inconvenience to bear.
Looking your best can be difficult you’re unsure of how you want to go about it. While the best and easiest choice to uplift your looks can be make up, you’ll be surprised how getting a tan can boost your look. It’s been said that tanned individuals have a very sultry appeal which is why many individuals have gone through the venture of tanning. While tanning can be a big undertaking, it can also be done in the wrong manner.
Thus, to improve your experience with tanning, you can opt on using self tanners. Self tanners are your topical tan which don’t rely on the sun to tan. Despite being the healthier option to tanning, self tanners are tricky especially if you aren’t careful. Rest assured, here are some tips to consider to enhance how you look using self tanners:
- Before anything, make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to using a self tanner. You wouldn’t want to have streaks after your self tanning session or have light spots due to patches of skin that peeled off.
- You can contour your look using self tanners. Much like how you contour using make up, self tanners can be used in such a manner. It’s also best if you make use of an airbrush for this move since it controls the amount of self tanner that you apply on your skin as well as the intensity of the tan that you’re painting. Contouring takes practice especially if you’re not sure which areas should be tanned or highlighted.
- Start from light to dark; if you’re a fair person, don’t immediately slap some of the tanner on your skin. You’ll want to gradually put the tan onto your skin to make sure that you’re not overdoing it.
With self tanners being available on the market, nothing can stop you from looking your best with a tan.
Who does not like to have a longer lasting tan? Definitely every tanner would be very happy to prolong their tan than its usual fading time. Whatever method of tanning a tanning buff uses, their ultimate goal is to wear a sun-kissed color all year round. But we all know that this is not a permanent color, so an additional extension before the tan fades is a plus.
In the world of cosmetics where vast advancement and improvements are present, heaps of products are invented and improved to enhance the quality and durability of a product. And with this wide range of tanning products, it is sometimes confusing which product is a pro.
In this article, you will know more about Protectan, a top-rated sunscreen lotion by Thermalabs and some reasons why you should use this medium to protect and prolong your tan.
Protectan sunscreen lotion is a product of Thermalabs, one of the top-rated, most trusted and leading cosmetic brand in the United States. If you are looking for a high quality cosmetic product, look for the name first. Do not put your skin health on risk by trying various brands, instead, look for a brand that has credibility.
- Its ingredients and contents
Protectan is the best sunscreen because of its new innovative broad spectrum formula that protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. UVA are those that penetrate in your dermis and UVB causes sun burn and destroys the superficial layers of your skin which may lead to skin cancer. With Protectan, you are protected from both UVA and UVB rays. It is also paraben free and hypoallergenic which is safe to those with sensitive skin. It is enriched with Vitamin E for skin protection and Pro-Vitamin B5 for extended moisture and most of all it is dermatologically tested.
Who doesn’t want additional benefits from a certain product? Protectan is packed with plus factors and other advantageous features. It does not only serve as sunscreen but it has pro-vitamin B5 that gives extra moisture. So you do not need to bring another separate moisturizer because it has already a moisturizer. Protectan has also new improved super-seal cap to prevent your tube from spilling all over your bag because Thermalabs cares for you. Of course you are always bringing this in your bag together with your other belongings. Bumping the tube into your other belongings may cause the ordinary cap to open so Thermalabs improved its cap.
Getting yourself a tan can be a big step to the much needed boost in confidence. In fact, having a tan is one of the most ideal approaches to achieving a better look. While you can try to cook yourself a tan in your local tanning salon or bathe under the sun for hours on end, using a self tanner is the most ideal way of earning the bronze tone.
Why is that? Self tanners aid your skin on getting a tan without the need of UV rays exposure. Studies have been conducted around tanning with UV rays and they’ve proven to be quite dangerous; going as far as to inciting cancer on the individual. While that is a grim thought, self tanners have their share of tricky applications. If it’s your first time or you’re a regular, there are still some circumstances that might cause to botch up a good tanning session. With the aid of some experts, here are some tips to guide you to making the best out of your tan:
– Exfoliating before application is the key.
– You’ll have to avoid putting on some moisturizers or lotions since they will block out the self tanner from your skin. These topical hydrators provide a layer of moisture that clashes with the self tanning agent.
– Don’t get too active. If you get too active and cause yourself to sweat too much, chances are the self tan will run causing a lot of streaking. If it’s really humid, try to chill in a cool place or wait for the temperature to go lower. You’ll want to avoid any form of sweat for 6 hours since application.
– Never use your bare hands. No one wants to have really orange hands so make the most out of the tanning mitts.
– Avoid the pool as best as possible. The chlorine in the swimming pool acts as a bleaching agent so diving into it as soon as the tan sets will surely cause some discoloration in various places.
– Never forget to moisturize. No one likes to see flaky, tan skin.
With these tips to guide you, you’ll get through the streaky approach to self tanning and enjoy the bronze color without having to soak up those pesky UV rays.
Sunscreen or sun tans are a common application on our skin when we go to the beach or spend a long day under the sun. At times, we think that having some sunscreen is good enough to block out the harmful effects or even the possible discoloration of your skin due to the consistent exposure under the sun. Whatever the reason is, we’ve come to believe that sun tans are the best defense to prevent blistering sunburn.
Young attractive girl enjoys hot summer day at the beach.
However, we’ve actually been doing things wrong. Despite the many directions that sun tans provide in their bottles, there are specific tips to remember to make the most out of these topical applications:
– Sun tans work a good 10-20 minutes after they have been applied. This means you’ll need to get them absorbed into your skin before you dive into the waters. Additionally, since the sun tan is a liquid or viscous application, diving into the pool can wash some of it off.
– You’ll need to lather yourself in a lot of it to make it worth. If you’re the individual who wants to avoid little to any chances of tanning, you may want to drench your body in as much sun tan as possible. Studies have proven that most individuals only put a fourth of the amount of sun tan that is ideal. Another tip is to never miss out on a spot, no one wants a nasty burn after their much desired beach trip.
– Sun tan needs to be applied every two to three hours. You’d be surprised to know that much like lotion; sun tan also dries up on our skin. If you’ve been under the sun for quite some time, chances are you’re already without the protection of your sun tan.
These tips should help you out on making the most out of your sun tan.
Having a tan colored skin tone brings out the features of your body as well as boosts your sex-appeal. However, it’s not that easy to have a tan especially if you don’t know how to do it. There are many ways to get a tan fast and the results of it depend on how you do it and if you did it properly. Here are some ways to get that glowing bronzed body in no time.
Do it naturally
- Choose a lotion or oil (whichever suits you) with low SPF for a fast tan as well as protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Apply the lotion or oil of choice before sunbathing.
- Get naked to even out the tan color throughout your skin.
- Choose the spot where there is direct sunlight in order to speed up the tanning process (you can do it while dipping in water as well).
- After getting the right color you want, moisturize your body frequently by using products that’s purposed for that.
Get a fake tan
- Choose your method. You can either choose to use fake tanners or spray tan. I suggest you avoid the sun beds as it could be very dangerous for your skin.
- Choose the product that suits your method. For fake tanners, you can choose from a variety of products like oils, creams and lotions found at Thermalabs. If you plan on spray tanning, better find a complete set of equipment for doing just that.
- Be sure to shave body hair before undergoing the process of self-tanning.
- Exfoliate beforehand to improve the speed of tanning and enhance results.
- Apply the desired product. For fake tanners, be sure to read the labels of the product before doing anything. You can even watch tutorials in the internet with the desired product. For spray tans, make sure to choose a wide area where you can spray freely. Cover the floor with newspapers to protect it from getting stained. When spraying, be sure to apply evenly throughout your body.
After tanning process is completed, moisturize your body every day to prolong the effect on your skin.