Getting yourself a tan can be a big step to the much needed boost in confidence. In fact, having a tan is one of the most ideal approaches to achieving a better look. While you can try to cook yourself a tan in your local tanning salon or bathe under the sun for hours on end, using a self tanner is the most ideal way of earning the bronze tone.
Why is that? Self tanners aid your skin on getting a tan without the need of UV rays exposure. Studies have been conducted around tanning with UV rays and they’ve proven to be quite dangerous; going as far as to inciting cancer on the individual. While that is a grim thought, self tanners have their share of tricky applications. If it’s your first time or you’re a regular, there are still some circumstances that might cause to botch up a good tanning session. With the aid of some experts, here are some tips to guide you to making the best out of your tan:
– Exfoliating before application is the key.
– You’ll have to avoid putting on some moisturizers or lotions since they will block out the self tanner from your skin. These topical hydrators provide a layer of moisture that clashes with the self tanning agent.
– Don’t get too active. If you get too active and cause yourself to sweat too much, chances are the self tan will run causing a lot of streaking. If it’s really humid, try to chill in a cool place or wait for the temperature to go lower. You’ll want to avoid any form of sweat for 6 hours since application.
– Never use your bare hands. No one wants to have really orange hands so make the most out of the tanning mitts.
– Avoid the pool as best as possible. The chlorine in the swimming pool acts as a bleaching agent so diving into it as soon as the tan sets will surely cause some discoloration in various places.
– Never forget to moisturize. No one likes to see flaky, tan skin.
With these tips to guide you, you’ll get through the streaky approach to self tanning and enjoy the bronze color without having to soak up those pesky UV rays.
Sunscreen or sun tans are a common application on our skin when we go to the beach or spend a long day under the sun. At times, we think that having some sunscreen is good enough to block out the harmful effects or even the possible discoloration of your skin due to the consistent exposure under the sun. Whatever the reason is, we’ve come to believe that sun tans are the best defense to prevent blistering sunburn.
Young attractive girl enjoys hot summer day at the beach.
However, we’ve actually been doing things wrong. Despite the many directions that sun tans provide in their bottles, there are specific tips to remember to make the most out of these topical applications:
– Sun tans work a good 10-20 minutes after they have been applied. This means you’ll need to get them absorbed into your skin before you dive into the waters. Additionally, since the sun tan is a liquid or viscous application, diving into the pool can wash some of it off.
– You’ll need to lather yourself in a lot of it to make it worth. If you’re the individual who wants to avoid little to any chances of tanning, you may want to drench your body in as much sun tan as possible. Studies have proven that most individuals only put a fourth of the amount of sun tan that is ideal. Another tip is to never miss out on a spot, no one wants a nasty burn after their much desired beach trip.
– Sun tan needs to be applied every two to three hours. You’d be surprised to know that much like lotion; sun tan also dries up on our skin. If you’ve been under the sun for quite some time, chances are you’re already without the protection of your sun tan.
These tips should help you out on making the most out of your sun tan.
Having a tan colored skin tone brings out the features of your body as well as boosts your sex-appeal. However, it’s not that easy to have a tan especially if you don’t know how to do it. There are many ways to get a tan fast and the results of it depend on how you do it and if you did it properly. Here are some ways to get that glowing bronzed body in no time.
Do it naturally
- Choose a lotion or oil (whichever suits you) with low SPF for a fast tan as well as protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Apply the lotion or oil of choice before sunbathing.
- Get naked to even out the tan color throughout your skin.
- Choose the spot where there is direct sunlight in order to speed up the tanning process (you can do it while dipping in water as well).
- After getting the right color you want, moisturize your body frequently by using products that’s purposed for that.
Get a fake tan
- Choose your method. You can either choose to use fake tanners or spray tan. I suggest you avoid the sun beds as it could be very dangerous for your skin.
- Choose the product that suits your method. For fake tanners, you can choose from a variety of products like oils, creams and lotions found at Thermalabs. If you plan on spray tanning, better find a complete set of equipment for doing just that.
- Be sure to shave body hair before undergoing the process of self-tanning.
- Exfoliate beforehand to improve the speed of tanning and enhance results.
- Apply the desired product. For fake tanners, be sure to read the labels of the product before doing anything. You can even watch tutorials in the internet with the desired product. For spray tans, make sure to choose a wide area where you can spray freely. Cover the floor with newspapers to protect it from getting stained. When spraying, be sure to apply evenly throughout your body.
After tanning process is completed, moisturize your body every day to prolong the effect on your skin.
Contouring is giving shape to an area of the face and enhancing the facial structure through the use of makeup. However, there is now a new technique that is low-maintenance and more natural-looking and it is called tontouring or contouring using self-tanners. The advantage of using self-tanners for contouring is that you can have a more defined glow that would last days without having to reapply makeup. Here are some tips on contouring using self-tanners.
Working the Face
Apply gentle circular sweeping motions under the jawlines, the sides of the temples and under the cheekbones. Picture these areas as a “3” shape figure. If you are using 2 shades of self-tanners, blend them out using damp sponge or foundation brush to make sure there are no harsh lines and look naturally tanned.
Firmer, Revealing Cleavage
The important step when working with the breast are is to highlight the top part of the breast and the collarbone. Apply the self-tanner in between the breast and on the outer breast area. These areas looks like a pair of parenthesis. Next is work on the collarbone area. Apply self-tanners in horizontal lines and make sure to blend them gently using a damp sponge or foundation brush. Make sure to work in front of a mirror to make sure that you’ve highlighted the breast area evenly.
Working the limbs
The technique is to apply self-tanners on the areas where your calves, biceps and triceps muscles caves in. In layman’s terms, these are the “muscle cuts” that you see when you flex your arms and legs.
Remember to use self-tanning products that are oil-free and suitable for all skin types. Especially those that you apply on your face. This is to avoid clogging your pores and possible skin breakouts. Also, make sure to exfoliate at least 12 hours prior to contouring for the self-tanners to become more effective.