Tanning has become quite an appealing approach to improving one’s look. Normally, we’d look into makeup or other aesthetic uplifting as a means to bring a better look. Some of the most common ways to get a tan is through sunbathing and indoor tanning. If you’re not familiar, indoor tanning has various contraptions that cater to tanning.
While anyone can make use of a tanning booth or a tanning bed, it’s always a good idea to have a better grasp of how to optimize your usage of the machine. If you’re new to indoor tanning, this article would help you out on making the experience worthwhile.
If you’re new to indoor tanning, it’s important to take in mind the kind of clothing you want to wear. Normally, individuals go bare for tanning booths but if you’re too shy for that, it’s always a good idea to make use of a bikini or clothing that don’t cover too much skin.
When it comes to tanning booths, it’s important to protect your eyes. Get yourself your own set of goggles to cover your eyes from harm. When you are inside tanning booths or tanning beds, you are doused in a more concentrated set of UV rays. If you’re not careful, going in without any protection to your eyes can lead to long term damage or even blindness. Always ask if the tanning salon provides these goggles or opt to purchase a personal pair before your schedule tanning in the tanning booth.
Before going in for your tanning session, always lather yourself with a good amount of sunscreen. Make sure that this is a wide spectrum sunscreen so that you can protect your skin from being burned while tanning. Tanning booths make use of a concentrated set of UV rays to give you the summer glow; this means a more potent approach to possible damage done to your skin. Thus, having some sunscreen will work well for you.
Tanning has becomes quite a very appreciating appeal to get on one’s appearance. While not foe everyone, tanned skin can easily hide any flaws while also providing you with an even skin tone. One of the most common ways that an individual can get their tanned skin is through sunbathing. This is the method of lying under the sun for hours on end to get the bronze hue. Normally, tanned skin is a side effect from being out in the beach or being an outside kind of a person.
Unfortunately, being out too often or soaking a lot of the sun’s UV rays is not good for your skin. In fact, skin cancer has rose to be the fourth most common cancer found worldwide. The UV rays caused a lot of damage to your cells and also provoke cancer. If you’re not consistently outside, you’re still at harm if you’re no careful.
Consistent tanning can lead to sunburns and premature aging of your skin. Sunburn are patches of skin that are heavily damaged to exposure to the sun. If you do not lather enough sunscreen or stay out too long during your sunbathing, sunburn can be a very painful experience.
Sun spots are also another effect of tanning. While most individuals call these age spots as they show up as we grow old, age spots are patches of skin getting discoloured by the sun. Tanning can inhibit the chances of getting more sun spots on your skin. These dark spots are hard to remove thus it’s a good idea to watch out on the hours of when you do sunbathing.
Lastly, too much sun can provoke a lot of skin ailments. If you have a bad case of acne, sunbathing isn’t going to solve that for you. Too much sun can cause the acne to enflame and worse, spread out. This is a common issue to various individuals during the summer where the sun shines its brightest.
Not a lot of people know what dry brushing it. If you’re one who’s not too keen on the skin care trends, you’d even be surprised at such a notion of dry brushing.
Dry brushing is as the name suggests. You make use of a brush, usually with thick bristles, and brush your skin mostly your limbs and always brush towards your heart. This helps in improving the circulation of your blood while also getting rid of the topmost layer of dead skin cells. Dry brushing also helps in better hydrating your skin due to the removal of impurities.
There’s not much research to back this up yet but there have been praise for dry brushing.
While dry brushing does help out on getting rid of dead skin cells, it does exfoliate to a degree. In fact, you’re not really encouraged to exfoliate your skin while you’re still in your mid-twenties. You’re still young and your body does the exfoliating for you. This means that when you get older, dry brushing does help out on getting the layer of dead skin cells for you.
Another matter to consider would be how often and how hard should you brush. We know that doing too much or putting too much pressure can aggravate our skin which in turn can lead to micro-cuts and thus infection. Just like exfoliating, you don’t want to overdo dry brushing. Have a session once or at most twice a week and apply minimal pressure. Just enough pressure can be determined when your skin is not raw and red after each brush.
Additionally, you can’t apply the same pressure to all parts of your body. Certain areas such as breasts or thighs tend to wound easily thus you have to apply less pressure and be more careful on your strokes.
Outdoor tanning is usually just sunbathing. Being outdoors means making the most out of being outside, which we do when sunbathing. There are actually a lot of things to remember if you want to make the most out of your sunbathing experience. If you’re hoping to make the most out of your sunbathing during these warmer days, here are some of the tips to consider:
– Exfoliate before getting your share of the sun. If you’re not keen on exfoliating your skin prior to sunbathing, you’ll end up with uneven tan or a tan that’s easily peeled off. Exfoliation helps clear out impurities as well as gives way to younger, healthier skin. With a fresh palate to work with, your tan stays longer than you’d think.
– Apply a good amount of sunscreen. No one wants to experience sunburn. Not only is it very painful but sunburn also ruins your overall tan since the afflicted skin is peeled off to give way to healthier skin. You’ll want to let the sunscreen set for at least thirty minutes before heading out. Additionally, reapply sunscreen every two to three hours. If you’re especially sweaty, you’ll want to cut that down to two.
– Tanning oils are your best friend when it comes to sunbathing. Using tanning oils improves your skin’s susceptibility to absorb much of the sun’s rays. This means being able to make good use of the time you have during sunbathing and also cutting down the time you’re basking under the harsh rays.
– Take into consideration the time you’re going to be sunbathing. The sun has different positions and if you’re not keen on what time you’re basking, you might end up with an uneven tan. It’s best to commit to at most two to three hours in the afternoon for sunbathing since this is when the sun is at its peak and the rays aren’t that harsh on your skin.
Tanning through the means of sunbathing has become quite the conventional approach, if not the most famous one, in the tanning industry. While the usual aid in tanning by soaking up much of the sun’s rays is through sunscreen, there’s actually another agent that is more applicable to helping you tan. Sunscreen may help you tan but its initial approach is to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. On another matter, there are some natural tanning oils that are more susceptible to expediting the occurrence of a tan.
To get a better grasp of why these oils are a better choice than sunscreen, tanning oils actually help in honing out the UV rays so that you can get the tan easily. Not only that, unlike sunscreen, you’re also treating your skin to some nourishment and assured that there aren’t any chemicals that can cause some damage to your skin.
If you’re hoping to change your tanning aid, here are some tanning oils that you can use for your next sunbathing session:
– Red raspberry oil is a good choice when it comes to tanning and giving you an added bonus to protecting your skin. You can mix it up with some coconut oil to get the SPF protection of up to 18. While it may not be an exact number, red raspberry oil is a good start.
– As was mentioned, coconut oil is not far off from being one of the ideal tanning oils. This particular oil is a treat if you have sensitive skin since it does not cause any irritation. Coconut oil is rich in fat thus able to provide some semblance of protection from harm when exposed to UV rays during sunbathing. Not only that, coconut oil is rich in antioxidants thus helping your skin get the protection it needs from harmful things from the environment.
– One of the particular oils to use is olive oil. While commonly used in the kitchen, using refined olive oil with a tincture of iodine and carrot juice; iodine has the dark tone while carrot has beta-carotene which helps in getting you the golden glow. Additionally, iodine helps in protecting your skin from possible sunburn so you can lather this concoction to your skin with ease.
– Hazelnut oil is also among the ideal tanning oils to use. It’s easily absorbed into your skin and also contains a lot of fat to protect you while tanning.
With how wondrous having a tan is to one’s look, there’s actually a dangerous way to getting a tan. The much known way to earning one’s tan has been through sunbathing and the second method on the list would be tanning through the means of using tanning beds. It’s been proven that sunbathing and tanning beds have caused the rise of skin cancer among tan addicts. This is due to the consistent exposure to UV rays. The radiation encourages cancer in the individual’s system thus making skin cancer, or melanoma to some, the top 4 cancer in the world.
While breaking a much loved habit can be quite difficult, you’ll want to avoid lounging about the beach during summer any time soon knowing that your sunscreen is not enough to protect you from skin cancer.
Don’t let that thought deter you from getting your tan. There recent introduction of self tanners in the market has made tanning a lot safer than before. While this may be dubbed as a fake tan, self tanners still aid in giving you the much desired tone without having to squander much of your time under the sun or sandwiched between the contraptions of a tanning bed.
One of the downsides of self tanning is, it can be quite tedious. Compared to sunbathing and tanning inside a tanning bed, using self tanners takes some practice since you’re putting the tan on your skin. Beginners might be dissuaded but if you’re eager to get your tan without putting yourself in harm’s way, self tanners are a great improvement from the conventional methods of tanning.
One good thing about self tanning is you can incorporate natural ingredients to darken your tone, from coffee to cocoa powder or organic self tanners such as Thermalabs, you’re assured that you’re also nourishing your skin
Getting the ideal tan can be quite difficult. It’s not actually surprising since there are a lot of factors at hand. It could probably be the method of tanning you’re opting to follow or your skin type. Whatever the hurdle it can be, you can always try to overcome them. In fact, here are some of the secrets that people have to keep in mind regardless of their skin type:
- No matter what method of tanning you’re going to make use, exfoliating is a very important step. By cleansing your skin prior to the tanning session, you’re clearing away the layer of dead skin cells and impurities that have clung to your epidermis. Not only that, you’re also paving way to younger, more vibrant skin. One important note, you are also preventing an uneven skin tone since dead skin cells can ruin an overall tan.
- Shower after you tan. Why is this important? Not only do you help your skin soothe from a hot session under a sun or in a tanning bed, this also aids in keeping your skin hydrated while also encouraging your skin to take in more of the self tanners. Avoid oil-based products since they can get in the way.
- For sunbathing, make good use of your sunscreen. No one wants to come out of the beach with sunburn thus you’ll want to make good use of a reliable sun tan. You’ll want to let it dry before going out and basking all day. Remember; always reapply the sun tan every two to three hours to protect your skin from further harm.
- For self tanners, make good use of tanning mitts. Mitts are there to help guide you on the application of self tanners onto your skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking plenty of water or liquids as wells as putting on some moisturizer not only provides positive effects to your body but also keeps your skin supple. This also prevents the acquisition of dry skin which not only ruin your tan but can be quite an inconvenience to bear.
Looking your best can be difficult you’re unsure of how you want to go about it. While the best and easiest choice to uplift your looks can be make up, you’ll be surprised how getting a tan can boost your look. It’s been said that tanned individuals have a very sultry appeal which is why many individuals have gone through the venture of tanning. While tanning can be a big undertaking, it can also be done in the wrong manner.
Thus, to improve your experience with tanning, you can opt on using self tanners. Self tanners are your topical tan which don’t rely on the sun to tan. Despite being the healthier option to tanning, self tanners are tricky especially if you aren’t careful. Rest assured, here are some tips to consider to enhance how you look using self tanners:
- Before anything, make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to using a self tanner. You wouldn’t want to have streaks after your self tanning session or have light spots due to patches of skin that peeled off.
- You can contour your look using self tanners. Much like how you contour using make up, self tanners can be used in such a manner. It’s also best if you make use of an airbrush for this move since it controls the amount of self tanner that you apply on your skin as well as the intensity of the tan that you’re painting. Contouring takes practice especially if you’re not sure which areas should be tanned or highlighted.
- Start from light to dark; if you’re a fair person, don’t immediately slap some of the tanner on your skin. You’ll want to gradually put the tan onto your skin to make sure that you’re not overdoing it.
With self tanners being available on the market, nothing can stop you from looking your best with a tan.
Who does not like to have a longer lasting tan? Definitely every tanner would be very happy to prolong their tan than its usual fading time. Whatever method of tanning a tanning buff uses, their ultimate goal is to wear a sun-kissed color all year round. But we all know that this is not a permanent color, so an additional extension before the tan fades is a plus.
In the world of cosmetics where vast advancement and improvements are present, heaps of products are invented and improved to enhance the quality and durability of a product. And with this wide range of tanning products, it is sometimes confusing which product is a pro.
In this article, you will know more about Protectan, a top-rated sunscreen lotion by Thermalabs and some reasons why you should use this medium to protect and prolong your tan.
Protectan sunscreen lotion is a product of Thermalabs, one of the top-rated, most trusted and leading cosmetic brand in the United States. If you are looking for a high quality cosmetic product, look for the name first. Do not put your skin health on risk by trying various brands, instead, look for a brand that has credibility.
- Its ingredients and contents
Protectan is the best sunscreen because of its new innovative broad spectrum formula that protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. UVA are those that penetrate in your dermis and UVB causes sun burn and destroys the superficial layers of your skin which may lead to skin cancer. With Protectan, you are protected from both UVA and UVB rays. It is also paraben free and hypoallergenic which is safe to those with sensitive skin. It is enriched with Vitamin E for skin protection and Pro-Vitamin B5 for extended moisture and most of all it is dermatologically tested.
Who doesn’t want additional benefits from a certain product? Protectan is packed with plus factors and other advantageous features. It does not only serve as sunscreen but it has pro-vitamin B5 that gives extra moisture. So you do not need to bring another separate moisturizer because it has already a moisturizer. Protectan has also new improved super-seal cap to prevent your tube from spilling all over your bag because Thermalabs cares for you. Of course you are always bringing this in your bag together with your other belongings. Bumping the tube into your other belongings may cause the ordinary cap to open so Thermalabs improved its cap.
Tanning whether it is obtained naturally (through the sun) or through tanning salons, tanning beds, or self tanning products, has many benefits especially to one’s health and in boosting self-confidence. Sun exposure has been a very old issue since it can cause skin ailments that can even lead to skin cancer but let’s set aside the bad effects for a moment and give importance to its benefits. Anyways, these disadvantages will only manifest if too much exposure is done to achieve tan.
So, here are some of the few benefits of having tanned skin specifically through natural tan.
According to clinical studies, moderate and regular exposure of the skin to sunlight promotes good health because it activates the production of Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D has many beneficial factors on human health. Some of the few benefits of Vitamin D includes the following: it reduces the risk of having multiple sclerosis, it reduces the chance of having heart diseases, and it decreases of having a flu. Vitamin D is very essential in absorbing calcium and phosphorous to the bones, therefore reduces the risk of having brittle bones and weak muscles. Remember that there is no medicine or supplement that can give you Vitamin D; it can only be obtain from the sun and some few foods. Sunlight also regulates of someone’s mood relieving depression.
- It gives additional protection
Through tanning, the melanocyte cells generate melanin, the coloring pigment of the skin and pushes it out of the cell. Melanin prevents deeper penetration of UV radiation into the cells. It absorbs UV energy and transforms it into heat.
- It boosts self-confidence
Tanned skin looks healthier and more attractive than pale and fair complexion. In fact, the career of celebrities depend on it that’s why they pay tons of dollars just to achieve and maintain their sun-kissed glow. Fair complexion looks plain, boring and sickly that’s why they tan to improve their appearance.
You don’t need to spend any single amount just to achieve tan. Achieve a natural tan anywhere as long as there is sun.
Tanning is a good way of relaxing. While tanning, you can forget your work or problems for a while. To add fun while relaxing, you can read your favorite books, sip an ice cold juice, or listen to your favorite music while soaking your body under the sun.