Sunbathing is the most common approach to getting tanned skin. With the weather clearing up slowly to welcome to spring, we’re going to expect a lot of individuals getting their share of the sun’s warmth. While basking under the sun is a good way to start the day, prolonged exposure can be very dangerous. If you aren’t vigilant, you can land yourself in hot water for overdoing on the sun tanning.
Fret not, there are still ways to tan safely and here are some ways to do so:
- Put on a good amount of sunscreen before sunbathing. Sunscreen is your initial protection against the sun’s harmful rays. Exposing yourself to hours on end can heighten the chances of harm. In fact, you need to reapply your sunscreen every two hours to make sure you stay protected. Unprotected skin results in nasty sunburn; or worse, it could even progress to skin cancer. Make sure to let the sunscreen dry up, usually thirty minutes, before getting your share of vitamin D.
- Take some breaks when you do sun tanning. You put your body in a lot of harm while sunbathing thus it’s very important to take breaks and rehydrate. Individuals who don’t take breaks are susceptible to heat strokes or deadlier sun borne disease. Make sure to keep yourself well-hydrated so you can keep on pumping out sweat which cools your body down.
- Overexposure is another issue that needs to be considered when sunbathing. When it comes to the time of when you do your sunbathing, it is important to be careful of the time of day. From noon to 4 in the afternoon, the sun’s rays are deadliest. This is usually the time that individuals opt to tan since the rays are intense. However, it would be best to tan at most thirty minutes during this period to avoid taxing your body and causing too much damage to your skin.
When it comes to tanned skin, it can be daunting to put on some makeup. While inexperienced makeup artists will tell you that self tanned skin is hard to work with, it’s actually not that hard. In order to enjoy a great look, you’ll need to be familiar with how self tanned skin works. To avoid ruining your self tan, it’s best to avoid products that contain retinol. This chemical can easily erase the tanned tone thus ruining your hard work on getting a good tan.
In order to make the most out of your tanned skin, you have to be familiar with the type of tan that you have. Do you have warm or cold tone? This tone can really determine the type of makeup you’ll be working with. If you aren’t familiar with your undertone, your makeup can be a disaster.
Another tip to consider would be to tailor your look to the occasion you’re going to be attending. You don’t want to overdo your makeup for a simple office meeting, right? Although there’s nothing wrong in being a little extra, sometimes how you look can make or break what you do.
Despite your tanned skin, don’t use too much light tones. Just because you want to make good use on highlighting your contour, it’s never a good idea to overdo on too much light makeup from your palette. Balance out the light and dark tones to make sure your makeup isn’t overdone. Additionally, try to make use of your self tanner as a bronzer. Having used your self tanner can lessen the time spent on contouring your skin thus try to contour your skin when you put on your self tanner. This can also help you become more familiar on which spots need to be highlighted and which spots need a little bit of flair to change how you look.
Tanning is a lucrative way to look your best without doing anything to drastic. It can be done in various methods, namely sunbathing, indoor and self tanning. No matter what method of tanning you use, it can be very inconvenient to encounter some mishaps. We can stress out the small stuff but there’s no need to. Here are some kitchen solutions to help you remedy some tanning problems.
– If you have some self tanning mishaps, sorting those out can be quite frustrating. A good way to remove these would be to make use of some lemon juice that has been slightly diluted with water. Lemon juice alone is very potent and can cause harm to your skin. Lightly dab the self tanning mishap by using a cotton ball. Once the area has lightened up, you can slowly dab the self tanner back until you get to the desired tone of tanned skin.
– If you want to get rid of your previous tan, exfoliating is the key. Normally you’d make use of a loofa or a body scrub to get this done. However, using some more natural options can be a great idea. If you want to maintain a healthy moisturized skin after removing your old tan, you can use oatmeal and some milk. Oatmeal is a good exfoliator without leaving your skin dry. Milk can easily lighten your skin and work hand in hand with oatmeal to keeping it moisturized.
– You can use some turmeric to sort out the uneven tone of your skin. Add some water to cup of turmeric and mix until it turns into a paste-like consistency. For optimal results you can mix cold curd instead of water. Apply to the affected skin and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This is also a good skin relief for sunburns if you overdid some sunbathing.
Sunbathing is the very iconic approach to getting tanned skin. It’s the first and usual method to get a tan; if you discount swimming by the beach. At times, we don’t even do sunbathing along the shore; it can be done at the park or even in your own backyard.
Despite how straightforward sunbathing can be, there are still some mistakes that tanning addicts can encounter. To avoid these mishaps, here are some tips to follow:
- Sunburn is a common and painful result of sunbathing. It happens when you don’t put too much sunscreen before sunbathing or when the rays are too intense. To sort this out, make sure to purchase a wide spectrum sunscreen, this block both UVA and UVB rays. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sunbathing to make sure your skin has absorbed it. Re-apply the sunscreen every two to three hours to make sure you don’t get any sunburn.
- One side can turn out darker than the other if you don’t flip often. Sometimes we get too comfortable on one side that we forget that we must evenly tan the other side too. It’s a good habit to rely on a timer to make sure that you evenly expose each side of your body to the sun. Another thing to consider is to take a break from time to time. Your skin needs to cool off and you’ll need to replenish the liquids in your body.
- Not being able to tan well can be a result of when you tan in the day and how long you stay under the sun. It’s practice to set a specific time of the day for tanning. The sun is more intense during the afternoon but the hours after lunchtime can be very punishing. Try to set at most three hours for sunbathing to make sure you don’t overdo. If you want to tan during morning, it’s still a good time but the rays during morning are usually mild.
Indoor tanning is a great way to get a tan. During the cold months, sunbathing is really out of the question thus you may want to consider indoor tanning. Indoor tanning makes use of tanning machines such as tanning beds and tanning showers however most salons offer tanning beds. If you have a friend who’s new to the indoor tanning experience, it can be a little daunting. To sort this out, you can have a good number of friends do some indoor tanning at the same time. Think of it as a bonding experience with your buds so that no one feels too intimidated. To make it more worthwhile, here are some ways to make a great indoor tanning experience worthwhile for your friends:
Book for a big appointment for the group. Nothing’s more fun than being able to get your tanning done together. Try to opt for a schedule where everyone doesn’t need to rush. A good time to get some indoor tanning would be before you all attend an event together.
Make sure to bring some sunscreen. Even if this doesn’t involve the sun, you still need sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburn through the intense UV rays from the contraptions.
Advise them to wear the skimpiest clothing to make the most out of the indoor tanning experience. You can also advise them to make use of tan-through clothing if they want to be modest but still enjoy the most out of the indoor tanning experience.
It’s a good idea to time your indoor tanning. If your friend is new to indoor tanning, you may want to keep it at 30 minutes maximum to avoid overdoing the tan or putting your friend’s skin into harm. Additionally, you can also try to space the time you do your tanning to avoid overdoing your skin. Try to space at least a day or two in between each.
When one hears about tanning, you can’t help but think of the usual method which would be through sunbathing. Sunbathing is the conventional approach to getting a tan and is most commonly done during the summer. But since we’re approaching the wintery days, it’s impossible to get our share of sunbathing. Indoor tanning can be an alternative but we can’t really spend so much money on an unhealthy approach to tanning. Consistent exposure to UV radiation is going to heighten the chances of getting skin cancer.
Thus said, we’re going to be using self tanners as a tanning medium. Self tanners have a wide range of applications and trying to find the best that works with you can be tricky.
First, you’ll want to determine your skin type. By pinpointing your skin type, you can narrow down what you can put on your skin and not. This can also limit what works with your skin type.
If you have sensitive skin, it’s very important to be mindful of what you put on your skin. If you aren’t careful, you’re going to experience a very bad case of skin allergy or worse, scars from very bad skin damage. Try to check the label before buying self tanners to make sure the product doesn’t have any ingredient that can provoke a skin allergy.
If you aren’t familiar with the ingredients used in self tanners, going for more natural means of self tanning can be a great idea. A good brand that makes use of natural ingredients is Thermalabs. Despite being a brand sold in the market, each product is crafted with organic sources thus you can lessen the chances of getting an allergic reaction. Another reason why organic ingredients are good for you is because you don’t add more chemicals to nature.
Another thing to consider is the method of how you apply self tanning. If you want the usual method of applying self tanners, you’re going to rely on a tanning lotion and apply it with a tanning mitt. A tanning mitt will need to be replaced after several times since the tan residue is hard to remove it. You can also rely on towelettes or opt for a spray tanning kit to make your self tanning experience a lot better.
It’s always a good idea to try out the self tanner before purchasing it to be assured that your skin won’t react violently.
Deliberate tanning, or to some this is called pre-tanning, is getting a tan before sunbathing. This is usually done by those who have a pale skin tone since you don’t want to bake yourself alive when trying to sunbathe.
Normally, pre-tanning is done through indoor tanning. Tanning beds have a controlled amount of radiation and can be done in a few minutes. While tanning beforehand can be really good for those with pale skin, it’s actually not a good practice. Indoor tanning cooks the outermost layer of skin cells. Damaged skin cells cannot protect you from the sun’s harm since they’ve already been damaged by indoor tanning. In order to avoid burning yourself under the sun, you’ll want to lather a good amount of sunscreen on. Sunscreen is your initial defense against the sun’s harmful rays.
Tanning your skin via indoor tanning already damaged your skin thus exposing it to more UV radiation can lead to even more harm. It would be a good idea to avoid deliberate tanning. While the concept of tanning your skin immediately, especially if you have fair skin, can be daunting. Try to give yourself some breaks and cool off when you have the time to avoid taxing your body under all the heat.
The best thing to do gradually let yourself get your tan through sunbathing. A good practice would be to set your time on when you should tan in the middle of the day. Another concern would be how long you’re going to tan. It’s best to let yourself do some sunbathing a good two or three hours. If you want to get your tan faster, you can make use of tanning oils. Tanning oils can help expedite the chances of getting your tan. With the aid of tanning oils, you can also lessen the time you are under the sun thus lessening the harm that it can do to you.
With the days getting warmer and warmer, it’s time to show off a little bit more skin to avoid being too stuffy in your own clothes. Summer is a drastic change from the chilly winds of spring. With the sun up high and the clouds letting the rays through for most of the day, it’s not surprising to find a lot of individuals basking under the warmth of the sun.
Sunbathing is a common trend during summer and if you’d want to get on that bandwagon, it’s always a great idea to prep your skin. Sunbathing is no joke and should be taken seriously; being too lax with it can lead to various dangerous circumstances that you’d best want to avoid.
Before getting your share of sunbathing done, make sure to change your moisturizers and creams for this hot season. The skin care products you’ve been using for spring won’t help you out for summer. It’s always good practice to purchase skin care products once a season is nearing its close.
To ease out the chances of ruining your tan, exfoliate before you bask under the sun. Exfoliating gives way to younger skin that can easily tan under the sun. Younger skin is also a good palette for tan to adhere to since the tan can last longer than skin that wasn’t buffed beforehand. You can also do your waxing at least two days before sunbathing for a much smoother appeal.
For the actual sunbathing itself, make use of tanning oils to expedite the presence of tan on your skin. Oils such as olive oil and coconut oil make great tanning oils. This also lessens the time you spend under the sun. You don’t want to loiter under the sun for hours on end just to get your summer glow.
Tanning has become quite an appealing approach to looking good. It can do a lot of good for you such as hiding one’s flaws and even providing an even skin tone. You can also sport a new look without having to do drastic changes to one’s appearance. Unfortunately, the harm in using sunbathing and indoor tanning can lead to serious concerns. Even those that do not tan but spend so much time outside can be at risk of skin cancer.
If you’re not familiar what skin cancer screening is, it is an exam where some of your skin is being screened off for being cancerous or not. With how much UV radiation an individual can get, it’s important to get screened regularly. Skin cancer has risen to be the top 4 most common cancer found across the globe. If that’s not alarming enough, melanoma, a very aggressive form of skin cancer, has caused a number of fatalities through the years. While the skin cancer screening does not prevent an individual from possibility getting skin cancer, it can help detect any possible onset of the disease. Not only that, but this screening method also helps scientists to better identify the possible ways to detect skin cancer.
Why is this important? Copious absorption of UV radiation has lead to numerous ailments these past few years. Getting skin cancer can be a daunting, if not depressing, obstacle that we all want to avoid. If skin cancer screening can detect the early onset of skin cancer, the cancerous cells can still be treated as opposed to letting it fester. Though, the results of the screening is not enough to say you have cancer thus you may need some more diagnostic tests to get the appropriate results. In the long run, lessening the exposure to UV radiation can greatly help on lessening the chances of skin cancer.
Looking great can be achieve through various ways. At times, a great skin care regimen can do a lot of aid to our look. One of the most commonly appraised part of our body is our legs. It’s not surprising as there’s quite an appeal to having good legs. Normally, one of the ways to achieve great looking legs is through waxing them to make sure that any body hair is out of the way. No one really wants to flaunt around hairy legs.
Another way to make sure your legs look good is to keep them well taken cared of. During warmer seasons or even days when the sun is shining intensely, you’ll want to lather some sunscreen to keep your skin protected. This also prevents sunburn from happening. A well moisturized skin also fends off the chances of getting dry skin which can make your legs unsightly. It’s a good practice to put some cream or lotion right after taking a bath to provide the optimal moisture for your skin.
If you’d like to have an even skin tone for your skin, tanning is a great choice to balance the skin color out. While tanning can be done through sunbathing and indoor tanning, opt for the healthiest option which is self tanning. Self tanning does not make use of UV rays thus you aren’t putting yourself in further harm just to get a great tan. Self tanning can be a daunting approach to getting one’s tan due to how complicated it can be but it’s a very rewarding method.
Once you get your self tan, you’ll need to be wary about the skin care products that you used. Always avoid those that have retinol or else you’ll end up erasing your tan while trying to take care of it.